U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:44 AM

11,535 posts, read 8,786,166 times

Advertisements

These guys are liable to blow a gasket.

Maybe they'll check into a mental institution for treatment of depression or anxiety.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:31 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,779,268 times
Well there's a good reason for you to get out of bed, get dressed and go celebrate.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 AM

21,483 posts, read 13,691,779 times
Whites voted Obama into office and whites marched with MLK so I don't see the problem. You really think only the blacks changed things when they are the minority?

Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Whites voted Obama into office and whites marched with MLK so I don't see the problem. You really think only the blacks changed things when they are the minority?
I think it's unfortunate that the inuaguratoin is being held on the same day as the MLK holiday. You have one man who died fighting to educate black people to rise above their station, pull themselves up and be responsible and fighting for equal rights, while you have another man doing the complete opposite, not only to black people, but to an entire nation and getting rich at the same time.

Even Dr Alveda King, MKL's niece, isn't too thrilled over Obama in general, and now that he will be swearing in with her uncle's bible.

Quote:
“I have been having mixed emotions about President Obama using the Lincoln Bible and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Bible at his inauguration,” King said in an exclusive interview this week. “I think by the time I’m actually sitting there observing this – I’ll be watching it on television – I think the mixed emotions will be gone and I’ll just be sad.”

“Mr. President, we need jobs. We don’t need free birth control, and you’re funding Planned Parenthood,” she explained. “Sir, we could have had better schools with that $500 million. We could have had safer communities with that, and so we really don’t understand. If you want to help us, can you give us something that will give us jobs that will keep our children off the street?”
Dr. Alveda King:

I bet MKL Day didn't mean a thing to the OP until now. You just don't use the names [Barack] Obama and Martin Luther King in the same sentence. Obama and MLK are the opposite sides of a coin.

Old 01-21-2013, 02:47 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,991,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
These guys are liable to blow a gasket.

Maybe they'll check into a mental institution for treatment of depression or anxiety.
I'd have to say at least one white guy is having problems.

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I'd have to say at least one white guy is having problems.
I'm sure there are alot more than ONE. And for every one white person who has a problem with Obama being black (which would IMO mean they have a problem with blacks in general), there is a black person that has a problem with white people in general.

I would really like for Obama's black supporters to take a step back, reflect and explain what exactly has Obama done for the black population? What advancements has the black population seen? If Obama's work hasn't affected you personally for the better, do you know of someone who has benefitted from Obama's "work and support" for the black population?

MLK was one man, not a politican, who gave his life to educate and for the advancement of black people and in the process forced the hand of white society to be educated and to see how wrong inequality was. Many saw it, many didn't like it, but he won and was still fighting when he was killed. MLK's belief was not to "spread the wealth", but earn it. His belief was that black people should have the same opportunities as everyone else. His message was for black people to become responsible for their lives and many took that message and ran with it.

How on earth anyone can say that Obama has helped advance black society is beyond my comprehension. If you want to compare the two, MLK had a dream and Obama turned it into a nightmare.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:32 AM

8,353 posts, read 5,991,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I'm sure there are alot more than ONE. And for every one white person who has a problem with Obama being black (which would IMO mean they have a problem with blacks in general), there is a black person that has a problem with white people in general.

I would really like for Obama's black supporters to take a step back, reflect and explain what exactly has Obama done for the black population? What advancements has the black population seen? If Obama's work hasn't affected you personally for the better, do you know of someone who has benefitted from Obama's "work and support" for the black population?

MLK was one man, not a politican, who gave his life to educate and for the advancement of black people and in the process forced the hand of white society to be educated and to see how wrong inequality was. Many saw it, many didn't like it, but he won and was still fighting when he was killed. MLK's belief was not to "spread the wealth", but earn it. His belief was that black people should have the same opportunities as everyone else. His message was for black people to become responsible for their lives and many took that message and ran with it.

How on earth anyone can say that Obama has helped advance black society is beyond my comprehension. If you want to compare the two, MLK had a dream and Obama turned it into a nightmare.
Oh, we're awfully sorry Obama hasn't gone out of his way to assist the black population, but, that's just like a United States President, not to show favoritism to one race, creed or religion, isn't it. And also sorry if people think Obama was going to be something of savior or messiah, he really has let his indifference show, hasn't he?

Thanks for the lecture on the good doctor.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:41 AM

670 posts, read 770,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I see reading and comprehension wasn't your strong point. Read OP's message again.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Oh, we're awfully sorry Obama hasn't gone out of his way to assist the black population, but, that's just like a United States President, not to show favoritism to one race, creed or religion, isn't it. And also sorry if people think Obama was going to be something of savior or messiah, he really has let his indifference show, hasn't he?

Thanks for the lecture on the good doctor.
I hardly think Obama represents ALL the people.

Did he not go out of his way to make illegals a "protected class" and referring to illegals as illegal immigrants became politically incorrect - they are "undocumented Americans"? Did he not go out of his way to embrace them and promise them amnesty? Did he not cancel out certain crimes and arrest records for illegals to enable them to get work permits? What other Americans of a certain race/ethnicity has had their minor crimes and arrest records erased? Isn't amnesty at the top of his priority list? Aren't the majority of illegals Hispanic? Did he not cater to the Hispanic community for the vote? The Hispanic community can write a book on what Obama has done for them. Can any other race/ethnicity do that?

I recall Obama going on an Islam rant several times.

He's hardly the Savior or Messiah as some of his followers seem to think he is. And he's no MLK, that's for sure.

I think he has been favorable and selective. The funny thing is that you don't hear Hispanics praising him and defending him considering that they were at the receiving end of so much.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:05 AM

552 posts, read 631,282 times
Black history month is right around the corner
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies