U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,445,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Thanks for the link. Looks like the drill is if somebody reported it, all others considered it true and did not check.

We need another Woodstein. At least they had 3 sources before reporting.
Woodstein.........that's funny. And I agree.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 AM

8,750 posts, read 4,436,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
This is birther-gun kook-Fox news fans next conspiracy fad. Sandy Hook was an 0bama set-up to gitz their shootin' irons.
The sad irony is they are making a case against themselves better than any real conspiracy ever could.
I haven' seen it yet.

Sandy Hook Hoax Video: Conspiracy Claim Draws 11M Views on YouTube (VIDEO)

The video is at the bottom of the page.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 AM

44,689 posts, read 36,118,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This is mind numbing craziness .... this poor grandfatherly victim of the conspiracy theorists .. Gene Rosen? This clown has had more face time in front of a camera than half the actors in Hollywood ... I watched a compilation of just his melodramatic overacting that lasted 1 1/2 hours. And of all the interviewees, he seemed to be more upset about the children than the parents who were interviewed .. and an upset, mind you, that seemed not to diminish in intensity days later as he repeated the same story, with all of the drama and sobbing for every news reporter on earth.

WHAT??????? YOU DID NOT SAY THAT !!! Look .... the first thing is, reporters were getting minute by minute updates just moments after the crime, regarding crime details that usually aren't released for days under the normally observed guidelines of a properly conducted investigation. How else could they have gotten information about the misidentified shooter and his mother being a school teacher, who was also dead on the scene, and the specific make and models of weapons found? All of which changed dramatically, with each hour passing, bringing a new story to replace the old one.

On a completely different level ... we have this "most professional" member of the CTSP Lt. Paul Vance behaving worse than a Nazi Gestapo Goon or an East German Stazi thug, making direct threats to investigate and prosecute people who may post what he referred to as "misinformation" on social media sites, instructing everyone that the only true information will come from "these microphones" (as he looks at the microphones in front of himself.) What a maniacal authoritarian azzclown! Hey Vance ... this is America ... the constitution? The 1st Amendment? Remember those?

Clearly, these direct threats of retaliation toward anyone challenging the official account of Sandy Hook (which can come only from those most professional authoritarian scum-bags like Lt Vance), is a red flag all on it's own.

I'm left wondering if everyone in the vicinity of Newtown has an equally loose interpretation of truth?
You left out Emilie Parker's really weird and inappropriate dad.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I don't know, but if a had a choice, I'd probably rather get my news from a foreign media source, rather then the American. They just seem to cover stories better and give a broader perspective on it. US media just seems to cover stuff in one dimension.

A story like Sandy Hook is difficult. Because the story still has to originate from the US media. But yeah, the foreign media will tell it like it is. Here is a quote from the Chinese media about Sandy Hook:

"School shootings happen often in the US. Can't politicians put away politics and prohibit gun sales?"

You will never hear CNN report something like that in a million years. They are too afraid of pissing off the gunnuts.
Right - why don't we enact the same laws that are so easy to enforce in a Communist country? Let's use China as our role model!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,445,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Uh -UH! Say it ain't so!

Like I've said before, "Follow the money."
And "follow the money" takes you back ultimately to the New World Order conspiracy theory. So you agree with Dorthy that somebody (the Rothschilds want to "distract" from the huge banking scandal, etc., etc.) is controlling what is being reported in re this case.....You may be the victim of the fallout associated with the huge New World Conspiracy Theory and not even realize it. Here's Dorthy's post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/27934510-post990.html

The common theme in conspiracy theories about a New World Order is that a secretive power elite with a globalist agenda is conspiring to eventually rule the world through an authoritarian world government—which replaces sovereign nation-states—and an all-encompassing propaganda that ideologizes its establishment as the culmination of history's progress. Significant occurrences in politics and finance are speculated to be orchestrated by an unduly influential cabal operating through many front organizations. Numerous historical and current events are seen as steps in an on-going plot to achieve world domination through secret political gatherings and decision-making processes

Prior to the early 1990s, New World Order conspiracism was limited to two American countercultures, primarily the militantly anti-government right, and secondarily fundamentalist Christians concerned with end-time emergence of the Antichrist.[7] Skeptics, such as Michael Barkun and Chip Berlet, have observed that right-wing populist conspiracy theories about a New World Order have now not only been embraced by many seekers of stigmatized knowledge but have seeped into popular culture, thereby inaugurating an unrivaled period of people actively preparing for apocalyptic millenarian scenarios in the United States of the late 20th and early 21st centuries.[3][5] These political scientists are concerned that this mass hysteria could have what they judge to be devastating effects on American political life, ranging from widespread political alienation to escalating lone-wolf terrorism.

New World Order (conspiracy theory) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,308,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
OK, thanks. I was under the impression that the "mother-was-a-teacher" statement was something that was said early on in the day. As I mentioned, I didn't really know about the school shooting or the extent of it until probably after 8 p.m. that night and it was after my office holiday party so I was somewhat...sleepy...watching it on TV that night. By then the school nurse would have come out of her closet, of course.

From the article I posted above, and in other sources I looked up, "a parent" was the source of the information that Nancy Lanza was a teacher. So not only are the "facts" screwed up, they can't even agree on the source of the bad information.

At least one parent said Lanza’s mother was a substitute teacher at the school,” the wire service said. “But her name did not appear on a staff list. And the official said investigators were unable to establish any connection so far between her and the school.”

The story began to spread. Just after 2 p.m., CBS reported that Lanza’s mother was a teacher and that many of the victims were her students. CNN reporter Susan Candiotti identified her as a teacher, but she said she wasn’t certain where Lanza had died. The Washington Post and The New York Times also reported that she was a teacher.
Yes, this adds to the confusion. A parent AND the school nurse said that Nancy Lanza was a teacher (or sub) at the school. I'm not sure how people are so quick to dismiss this inconsistency in particular because it is a really big one and it comes from multiple sources.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Let's see if you want to engage in actual analysis and discussion, or just continue with inane rhetoric, OKAY?

Early on in the aftermath of the shooting, reporters were given information that the alleged shooter was Ryan Lanza .. based on identification documents found on his body, and that his mother, Nancy Lanza, a school teacher was also found dead inside the school. And a reporter asked an exiting school employee/teacher if she knew Nancy Lanza, which she replied she knew her very well and that she was a wonderful teacher. Later we are told that the alleged shooter was actually Adam Lanza, the younger brother. Sometime after that, a raid on the Lanza home found Nancy Lanza dead there, and not at the school. Then the story shifted from her being a teacher at the school to having no affiliation with the school at all, and no records of her ever being employed at the school.

There are several problems here that have no logical explanation in terms of being simple mistakes. It's certainly explainable that they could have misidentified Adam Lanza if he were carrying his older brother's student ID .... but how did they identify his mother so quickly, and how did they ID her dead body at the school, and why did this alleged school employee claim that she knew her very well, and that she was a wonderful teacher, when, according to those later reports, Nancy Lanza had no connection to the school whatsoever? So the main issues are:

1) How could this school employee claim to know Nancy Lanza very well, if Lanza had no connection to the school at all? This isn't a mistake ... it's a fabricated lie.

2) How could authorities identify Nancy Lanza as dead inside the school, when she never physically there?

3) Since Nancy Lanza's body wasn't discovered inside her home until well after those initial reports claiming she was dead inside the school ... how could authorities have known she was even dead at all, until her body was actually found dead?

Now, I'm open to hear any speculations as to how these mistakes could have been made honestly. Because, as I analyze it ... it is impossible to explain as simple mistakes. What this indicates is that the script for this staged event called for the person Nancy Lanza to be a school teacher shot at the school, and the employee who claimed to know her very well was following that script. For whatever reason, the script had to be changed, not everybody got the new script, and that change accounts for the new story not fitting any aspects of the initial reports.

Of course, some will think this is crazy ... staged events and scripts .... but apparently, these same people don't think it's crazy that people will make assertions that are totally false and impossible (like claiming to know a fellow teacher very well, when that person was never a teacher there), and identifying dead bodies inside a school that were never physically there. To me, that's the crazy part ... but I'm open to more rational speculations, if anyone has one.
I've said from Day One that the key to this whole thing lies in the answer to this question, "Who is Nancy Lanza?" There is precious little credible information out there about her.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 AM

8,750 posts, read 4,436,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
The o.p. has completely destroyed what little credibility she had been granted by default. Continued posting in this FAILED thread is nothing short of an admission of the most despicable kind of idle curiosity. WTF??!! Don't you people have any shame??
wow, I was always told it doesn't hurt to ask a question. I guess what I was told was wrong.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I've said from Day One that the key to this whole thing lies in the answer to this question, "Who is Nancy Lanza?" There is precious little credible information out there about her.

Yes and also, who is Adam Lanza? There is very little known about either one of them. Neighbors reported on camera that they knew everyone in the neighborhood except for the Adam and Nancy Lanza.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
wow, I was always told it doesn't hurt to ask a question. I guess what I was told was wrong.
Don'tchaknow? Asking questions means that you are nothing but a deranged conspiracy freak, right wing nut job, gun hugger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies