U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,432,537 times
Reputation: 1172

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And people wonder about our politicians exploiting every crisis and event imaginable to fit their political agendas. Here we have Joe Biden telling us that if we want to keep people away during an earthquake, we should buy some shotgun shells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcxVovpJdi8

Silly me - I thought that if we were in an earthquake, we were supposed to get out of a building and get outside. I've been in earthquakes and believe me, I wasn't thinking about how to keep people away from me. "Hmmm, the building is swaying - WHICH SHOULD I GRAB, A SHOTGUN OR AN AR-15???? Well, Ol' Joe says I should run out and buy some shotgun shells so I better git to the sporting goods store IMMEDIATELY!"

(Humor, people.)
"exploiting every crisis".......is this a not so subtle reference to Emmanuel supposedly saying never let a crisis go to waste? So is your implication here that this event has been exploited by the White House.....is that who you're talking about when you refer to "the government"? Do you think the White House has controlled the "media" reporting of this event? If not, please be specific about what you do mean.

Earlier you replied to TamaJane that you thought she might just be right about the reporting being a mess, and people lying to reporters, or being mistaken about what they were saying, and the reporters were making mistakes, etc. THAT is what we have all been trying to tell you guys regarding this burning question of why there have been so few photographs of this tragedy.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/27942374-post1062.html


There's no ONE GROUP controlling the "media" or the "government" which has caused you all to have so many questions. The White House responding to the outrage by the public is just that; responding to public outrage. No sinister motive behind it.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 01-25-2013 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: typo

 
Old 01-25-2013, 04:58 PM
 
12,044 posts, read 6,630,454 times
Reputation: 12846
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
"

Btw, medical examiners, (especially in places like Sandy Hook) for the most part, are not accustomed to addressing the public, like on national cable TV, so, the idea that the guy didn't "look professional" or "act professional" is not really fair as a reason to discount whatever he said. Those people are hired to conduct autopsies and testify in trials; they are not P.R. people.
Not discounting what he said, his demeanor was just one of many unusual things. He just needed to give the facts. The families interviewed were "different", too.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,432,537 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Not discounting what he said, his demeanor was just one of many unusual things. He just needed to give the facts. The families interviewed were "different", too.
The entire situation was UNUSUAL, someone going to the school and brutally killing 20 little kids and 6 adults...VERY UNUSUAL. NONE of those people, medical examiner included, are accustomed to being interviewed on national TV. Also NONE of those families could have possibly imagined that their children would be slaughtered by a lone gunman.......when people get news like that, it is SHOCKING and people deal with that kind of shock in various ways. How can you say they were "different"? Have you EVER seen families interviewed after their 6 year olds had been brutally killed in a mass shooting, families who were very accustomed to the quiet/peaceful life of their small town? Some people cry when they get news of the death of a loved one, some people don't cry because they can't absorb the information, they are SHOCKED, and some people do in fact laugh because it is a coping mechanism to deal with the unthinkable.

"Freud, of course, had an eloquent speculation on this paradox. In his 1928 investigation into humor, Wit and Its Relation to the Unconscious, Freud argued that laughter was a coping mechanism, a way of dealing with the unspeakable pain of everyday life. He gives the example of a prisoner about to locked in the gallows, who says to his guard: “Well, this is a good beginning to the week”. The prisoner makes a joke because he doesn’t want to cry; his ego distracts his conscious brain from the unspeakable misery of the moment."

Laughter and Grief – The Frontal Cortex

Laughter in the Face of Tears - Grief Support at LegacyConnect
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,432,537 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So - did you go back and watch the video? On the first video I posted, at 2:20, the reporter clearly says exactly what I quoted. Why did you argue with me about what the reporter said? Look, I don't mind having a discussion with you but can you PLEASE at least be accurate when you feel this urge to rephrase what I clearly say?

This sort of non issue/smokescreen makes me very disinclined to continue a conversation with you.
I watched BOTH the videos you put up. Technically you were right that the REPORTER said those things. However, looking a the big picture, it was made clear in the first video you put up exactly what the nurse said regarding what happened when Lanza walked in the room where she was. The REPORTER reported something, claiming the nurse had told her what she was reporting, which was NOT TRUE.

My question is what was the point of posting the videos? Was it to substantiate that the nurse had said that Nancy Lanza was a teacher, or was it to point out that the REPORTER was wrong when she said that she had been told that Nancy Lanza was a teacher and a very loving, experienced teacher?

Seems to me that you possibly are being intentionally obtuse about this issue, however, that does NOT make me disinclined to respond to your posts and point out inconsistencies and questionable opinions.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 PM
 
11,309 posts, read 8,373,386 times
Reputation: 7000
My friends father died. She had to care for everything, including her elderly mother. Six months after, at dinner, I commented on some of the things she had taken care of. Her reply was that she did not remember doing any of it.

People respond to being shocked in many ways. Texas executed a woman whose 2 children were murdered. Most of the trial testimony that convicted her was from police who thought she did not behave in the manner they thought a grieving mother should. I'll never be convinced of her guilt.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:36 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,432,537 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Great post.

Rosen can't keep his story straight, and try as he might can't produce tears when he pretends to cry.

No bus driver is going to say there was an "incident" at the school and not mention it was a shooting, or leave young children with a stranger. She would have gotten those kids to the firehouse or as far away from the school as possible.

How come this mystery man and female bus driver have never been interviewed?

And fathers in upper middle class towns in CT don't wear camo clothes to go bake cookies at the school.

Maybe in Alabama, but not in CT. And probably not in Alabama either.

And you're right, no parent is going to run from the school when their child is in that school and there is something occuring. They go towards the school, not away from it.

There is more to this story than some skinny 20yr old with Aspergers shooting up a school.
So exactly what do you think that "more" is to this story? Do you think someone behind the scenes is/was controlling the information being put out by reporters? WHO do you think that might be?
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:44 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,432,537 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My friends father died. She had to care for everything, including her elderly mother. Six months after, at dinner, I commented on some of the things she had taken care of. Her reply was that she did not remember doing any of it.

People respond to being shocked in many ways. Texas executed a woman whose 2 children were murdered. Most of the trial testimony that convicted her was from police who thought she did not behave in the manner they thought a grieving mother should. I'll never be convinced of her guilt.
Once I was in an auto accident and was in shock. In the Emergency Room, the doctors were asking me questions. I remember not knowing the answers but creating little connections in my mind, like when they asked me how old I was, I thought well I graduated from high school in such & such year (wrong year in my head) so that must mean I'm this age. the age I gave them was completely WRONG. I didn't know my age, but if you were just talking to me, asking those questions you would not have had a clue that the answers were wrong. I "seemed" very normal. I can imagine that it would be entirely possible for the parents of a 6 year old who was told their child, along with 19 others, had been killed in a mass shooting might lapse into some level of shock.
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,406 posts, read 35,877,934 times
Reputation: 62764
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I watched BOTH the videos you put up. Technically you were right that the REPORTER said those things. However, looking a the big picture, it was made clear in the first video you put up exactly what the nurse said regarding what happened when Lanza walked in the room where she was. The REPORTER reported something, claiming the nurse had told her what she was reporting, which was NOT TRUE.

My question is what was the point of posting the videos? Was it to substantiate that the nurse had said that Nancy Lanza was a teacher, or was it to point out that the REPORTER was wrong when she said that she had been told that Nancy Lanza was a teacher and a very loving, experienced teacher?

Seems to me that you possibly are being intentionally obtuse about this issue, however, that does NOT make me disinclined to respond to your posts and point out inconsistencies and questionable opinions.
Nor does it apparently make you disinclined to misquote and rephrase what I actually say to fit whatever point you are trying to get across.

"Technically" I was right - and obviously I was right. But see how skeptical you are and how you layer your own opinions over what I actually wrote? OH MY - is this some sort of clever trick you're playing on us to show us how reporters, conspiracy theorists, RWNJs, and even innocent bystanders are likely to make mistakes when their own emotions and opinions get in the way of what's actually being said?

WELL DONE!
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 PM
 
Location: Mountains of No. AZ
5 posts, read 2,701 times
Reputation: 11
Default How do you KNOW this happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What really happened? What really happened is 20 children and 6 adults where gunned down. Killed. Murdered. They bled. They died....Just because the event didn't get photo-documented step by step as it happened doesn't mean there is anything to "question" regarding whether or not this all really happened.
Like many good people you are upset at the "possibility" of this being true rather then dealing with the facts at hand which ties into the 'lack of photos comment' of yours. You must be aware that this is a society that films "everything" now-a-days with their phones...from cats playing the piano to cops beating people, etc.

This forces a thinking person, not an insensitive one, to ask "Where are the photos?"
Quote:
They bled. They died.
Where is the proof? You mean not one person took snaps of the supposed-blown out doors, kids on gurneys, survivors, school room blown out windows or walls with bullet exit holes, etc.??? Not ONE citizen journalist?

This story is Swiss Cheese...filled with holes...parents not being able to see their loved ones bodies? In what reality would that happen with caring parents? I'd be breaking down doors to see my baby. A Connecticut Trooper man-handling a long gun in the trunk of a car? You'd never see this on a CSI type of show would you? They would observe the contents after opening the trunk and immediately, and carefully close it for the investigators.

Furthermore, where's the proof that the dead woman at the house was the accused murderer's mother and that he killed her? Any pathology reports with DNA, fingerprints, etc.?? Where's the proof the body in the school was the accused and how long had he really been dead since the Social Seurity Index says he was dead on the 13th!! Again no toxology, pathology, fingerprint reports, etc. Isn't this at all a bit suspect for you?

Why would the medical examiner, a man with hundreds of hours of experience in court and in front of cameras act like a fool??

Where are the pictures from helicopters of the rest of the 600 students of the school evacuating? The only photo shown was from a different school taken some time prior to the 14th.

Quote:
Do you have any idea how many people would have to keep their mouths shut for a conspiracy as big as you and others are suggesting could have taken place?
They did for 9/11; the Manhattan Project, etc. That is a common misconception about things that is used as a misdirection (not intentionally by you I assume) by many people with nefarious agendas, and for others, in a true moment of cognitive dissonance, it gives them the much needed sigh of relief that it couldn't really be anything more then what they have been told by authorities (press, cops, government, etc.) and all is well.

Even though we have a world with technical marvels like photoshop, etc., photos can usually tell a much bigger story, and more truthful one then some talking head from the police department, school, or media darling, and the photos can be examined immediately for alterations with the same technology that created them (like Obama's phony birth certificate.)

So I again ask you with kindness, "how do you know what happened? What seems more real or authentic...hundreds of bloggers asking questions and analyzing the "story" or a couple of people feeding information with threats towards the bloggers?

Frank
 
Old 01-25-2013, 05:51 PM
 
8,561 posts, read 5,432,537 times
Reputation: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Nor does it apparently make you disinclined to misquote and rephrase what I actually say to fit whatever point you are trying to get across.

"Technically" I was right - and obviously I was right. But see how skeptical you are and how you layer your own opinions over what I actually wrote? OH MY - is this some sort of clever trick you're playing on us to show us how reporters, conspiracy theorists, RWNJs, and even innocent bystanders are likely to make mistakes when their own emotions and opinions get in the way of what's actually being said?

WELL DONE!


Your posts are still here for everyone to see, read, and determine whether or not they think I've misquoted you and rephrased what you said. Everyone here can come to their own conclusions about that. Obviously you don't care for opinions which counter your own.......so you most likely will never be satisfied with any answers to your questions when don't agree with your already formed theories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:19 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top