U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
45,027 posts, read 36,268,604 times
Reputation: 63734

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
If you're trying to say it was not real, you're a nut.

Now, I do think that the left is "not letting a crisis go to waste".
I've never said that a shooting didn't occur in Newtown, CT on that day - numerous shootings. I believe a school shooting did occur that day.

Just to clarify!

 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM
 
5,113 posts, read 4,959,016 times
Reputation: 1732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Spree shootings are on the rise. There have been 31 mass shootings since 2000. There were 23 from 1990-1999.

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2012: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation | Mother Jones

What's also interesting is the rise in mass shootings in the months preceding international actions and votes for the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 AM
 
6,968 posts, read 5,425,836 times
Reputation: 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Nice comeback after realizing you made a complete idiot out of yourself.
So, is your point that we all need to go back to muzzle loaders, including the military and police?
I did a little research after your first comment and you are correct, semi automatic weapons have been available for almost a century. However, from what I read, ownership/usage was pretty much restricted to military and law enforcement personnel for most of that time. I've been around a long time and do not remember any exposure to 'assault' weapons during my childhood/teen years, which were the 50s/60s. Television violence was by means of revolver or rifle - or bow and arrow, those were the cowboys and indians days. There were hunting rifles in the homes of some of my friends, but not guns.

So, the fact that these weapons existed prior to the late 20th century is not the pertinent fact here, it is rather the proliferation of these weapons - which were intended for the military/law enforcement - in the homes of ordinary Americans. The OP did not make a "complete idiot out of himself," he just failed to qualify his statement with "in the home."
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:30 AM
 
4,267 posts, read 5,314,357 times
Reputation: 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Since we are questioning the whole incident, I haven't seen anyone PROVE that the Illuminati controlled lizard people are not involved. Just asking questions here. Where's your proof that the lizard people aren't behind it all? I need answers.
People are asking reasonable questions about inconsistencies and holes in the story. If you want to take it somewhere ridiculous that it doesn't need to go, feel free. I'm not sure why people are so threatened by other people asking reasonable questions. Why would that bother you?
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:31 AM
Status: "Summer!" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
87,017 posts, read 102,674,652 times
Reputation: 33083
One thing's sure, this story of Adam Lanza's death date was not reported on any credible news source, not even FOX. So people obsessed with it are digging deep into the conspiracy world. It is on sites like "
"sandyhookhoax"

Sandy Hook Hoax - Adam Lanza's Death Record States He Died 1 Day Before Sandy Hook Event (Dec 13, 2012)| Sandy hook elementary shooting its a conspiracy now
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 AM
 
4,267 posts, read 5,314,357 times
Reputation: 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Well, if you are not, then you have been brainwashed by them.
Certainly not. I'm just a person who has studied history and I have come to the conclusion that it is best to hold onto the rights that we have been granted under the constitution. Nothing crazy about that.
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:34 AM
 
568 posts, read 825,128 times
Reputation: 1244
Oh brother...the nuts have been cracked already..
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:44 AM
 
4,267 posts, read 5,314,357 times
Reputation: 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Are you not aware of HOW MANY MISTAKES are made on a daily basis by practically everyone? I personally make them all the time, then correct them when I realize the mistake. Now I wonder if people see the paper trail and assume I'm conspiring to do something?

The worst part now is that when bad info gets online it immediately goes viral, not just on chat boards and new outlets but the sites that cull their info from other sites and then, within a matter of moments, it's considered FACT because it's on the internet and news reporters are quoting it. This happens all the time. ALL THE TIME.
Yes, I am aware that mistakes happen all of the time. The inconsistencies in the Sandy Hook reporting are of epic proportions. If the media would just do their job and clear up the inconsistencies and holes then all of the questions would be answered and any conspiracy theories would be put to rest. If that happens, I will be a very happy woman. So far, they have not chosen that route and that is why people are discussing these things. I'm not sure how discussing things is so offensive to so many people.

If the media is so inept that they are getting their news from chat boards and quoting thing as fact then that is just pathetic and we should be outraged by their complete lack of standards and investigative reporting. That's a big reason why people are upset and a big reason for this discussion. I watched the news this morning and one would think based on that half hour of my life that I'll never get back that the most important things going on in the world today are, Beyonce, lip sinking at the inauguration, a football player getting duped in an online relationship and Lance Armstrong's endless doping scandal. Really? Is that all we can expect from our trusted media?
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
 
4,267 posts, read 5,314,357 times
Reputation: 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Beg to differ. Taxpayers may be picking up the tab, but the title is in the name of the district. They consider it to be private. Why are we talking about securing school if any member of the public can enter?

My district was having a bond election. They changed the date of the annual open house so they could have early voting at the open house. The school was a polling place. I had a sign, vote no, 100 feet from the entrance. Two school district cops and the principal threatened to arrest me for being on private property. When I responded the day they turned the school into a polling place, it was public property and to go ahead on and arrest me. Then I told them every media outlet in town would be there within 20 minutes, they backed off. I did some research. A school is private property as far as the school is concerned.

As far as the school is concerned but the public pays for it so technically, it is public property.
 
Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 AM
 
4,267 posts, read 5,314,357 times
Reputation: 3579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Your story is a good example of how inaccurate genealogy records like Adman Lanza's can be. My own mother was listed in county records as being a male. People make and have been making clerical errors since mankind could write and they will continue to make them on keyboards for as long as we use them. For those people questioning the events of Sandy Hook based on this kind of nonsense to not accept this basic FACT about humans making innocent errors is crossing over the line to Crazyville.
If that was the only error that people were questioning then yes, you could maybe get away with calling them crazy (if you're the kind of person who likes to call other people names) but when it's one of many, many errors and inconsistencies, I don't think that you calling someone crazy is a fair statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top