U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM

56,180 posts, read 54,646,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It did happen, and I know exactly why. The initial call for help from first responders said "call everyone". So, they did. They called the nearby communities of Oxford, Redding, Monroe, Southbury, Shelton and Brookfield. Since Oxford is closest, they were first on scene (you can see Oxford Ambulance in many of the pictures).

A friend's mom works for the Shelton Ambulance. She was in the process of responding and Oxford called to tell them not to come, since at that point, the fate was known. They turned around, and I'm assuming other towns turned around and went home as well. It was very early on when my friend inboxed me on Facebook with this information. I still have this inbox.

If you want to see it, DM me and I will email you a screen shot from my phone.
Thank you.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:43 AM

10,357 posts, read 7,986,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Yes, I read that several days ago. I added it to my cache of information. I don't have a really high regard for Salon but I did read it. I gather my news from a wide variety of sources.
http://www.salon.com/2013/01/18/your...piracy_theory/

It does not answer your questions for you?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 AM

4,579 posts, read 4,445,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The first question has been addressed, but this IS a long thread.

The photographer from the Newtown Bee, a local, says she took that photo during the evacuation (the one where the kids have their hands on the shoulder of the person ahead of them and there eyes are closed. I don't think they'd have their eyes closed during a drill, do you? I do remember seeing a photo of the drill from a few days earlier--the one that someone at the school tweeted. Perhaps that's why there is confusion. That picture was also published.
Thanks for answering. So, there was a photographer who was able to get close enough to take a photo during the evacuation, but she took and/or published only this one? It does seem like she would have been snapping lots of shots, and would have published more than one. Not saying I morbidly wish to see more, but it's not typical for a photographer to stop at one during such a major tragedy.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM

44,981 posts, read 36,253,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The above post says it all. If you can't see the difference between a stranger happening upon a scene of destruction and parents of tiny little kids rushing to find out whether or not their child/children were brutally killed, then that would suggest that you may be a very calloused person and that this thread may be all about throwing up that smoke screen as a means to bash and cast doubt on the "government" and nothing more.
Right.

I'm the mother of five and the grandmother of seven adorable kids between the ages of 2-10, whom I spend time with and enjoy loving and nurturing as much as humanly possible. I'm not some crazy gun freak - just a middle aged American grandmother who wants to know what really happened that terrible day.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM

16,739 posts, read 23,184,751 times
Quote:
I simply do not see ANY crowd shots, from ANYONE. Most of the photos from the media show a blurry background and just a few adults. I am not saying I WANT to see more photos, I am just saying that the lack of them is very odd. 600 kids = at least 1200 parents. Plus town people. Plus emergency responders. Plus media. Come on.
Um - parents picked up their children and promptly left. They didn't stick around. Did you see the photos of the streets in the area lined with cars for miles??!

Also many parents commute far to work - Manhattan, Stamford, Hartford. Some by train.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 AM

9,550 posts, read 9,426,522 times
Have any of you witnessed one or more people die a violent death, or been near the scene of such an occurrence? Do you think you could recount exactly what you witnessed one minute afterwards and tell the same story one day afterwards? If your details vary in the slightest, does that make you a liar or part of some conspiracy to hide the truth?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:47 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,958,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
So, in a nutshell, you believe that many aspects of the Sandy Hook tragedy were staged (ie a hoax)....but you are simply not willing to state that as your opinion.

Got it.
If some one tells you a story that they want you to believe, but the facts and evidence from the same storyteller contradicts the story, then logic and common sense tells us that the story is a fabrication ... or a hoax.

This is basic human intelligence.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,453,247 times
Quote:
Another thing - not sure if you were listening to the news that morning. I was. By about 11 am local time, it sounded to me as if there were not many casualties. That's the way it was being reported on national radio. Then suddenly, later in the day, the horrific news that there were 20 children killed.

My point is that it was not apparent to MOST people early on, either on location or watching the news, that there were 26 victims of murder (well, actually 27).
That kind of reporting of ongoing events in a situation like that is very common. It happens all the time. Obviously, the first responders and people in charge there that day did not want to report more inaccurate information, and MAYBE they were concerned about the parents who were rushing to the school after the first reports of gunfire. Maybe they didn't want to report the number of children killed until all or most of the parents had arrived and there were people at the school who could help and support those parents.

So exactly what do you think the reason was for the reporting of fewer killed initially and THEN, within a few hours, reporting the actual number? I don't get why you think that is suspicious.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM

17,616 posts, read 19,055,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The above post says it all. If you can't see the difference between a stranger happening upon a scene of destruction and parents of tiny little kids rushing to find out whether or not their child/children were brutally killed, then that would suggest that you may be a very calloused person and that this thread may be all about throwing up that smoke screen as a means to bash and cast doubt on the "government" and nothing more.
Sadly, I agree with this assessment.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM

9,550 posts, read 9,426,522 times
How many people would have to be involved for this to be a hoax?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies