U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,309,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
OK found your questions!

1. What was Lanza's motive? I doubt this one will ever be able to be answered.
I agree but I think it's still an important question. Most killers have at least some type of motive. Killing a bunch of kids is about as gruesome and heartless as it gets. There has to be more to it then, "he might have had asperger's and he was mad because his mom didn't want him playing video games all day and she had a lot of guns. That just doesn't make sense. Knowing more about Adam is important if we expect to prevent future tragedies such as this.

Quote:
2. Did Lanza have an official diagnosis of some kind? All we have heard on this is hearsay. Again, may never be answered beyond speculation and hearsay. It's medical information that is rightly not available for public consumption, if such information even exists.
Well maybe, in death, it should be known considering what this man apparently did. If the goal is to prevent another shooting then this information should be made available. It is important.

Quote:
3. Was he caught on video shooting his way into the school? We know the school had a camera at the door, was he caught on tape? Question back: DO we know/HOW do we know the school had a camera at the door? Do we know that there was a tape in it if there was one? And if we do, why do we think that information would have been/should have been released to the public at this stage in the investigation?
The school did have a camera at the door. That is not in dispute. If there was a tape, it should be made available to the public at some point (I"m not saying now, but after the investigation is complete) to provide some evidence that Adam Lanza was the shooter, that he was alone and to show what weapons he used. That is important.

Quote:
4. How did he get a hold of his brother, Ryan's ID, if he hadn't seen him in the two years prior to the shooting? As mentioned in snopes, and as I believe the first logical answer would be--the ID could be older than two years. No one said it was a current or valid ID. IMO this question is grasping at a straw, frankly.
That is one of snopes responses that is believable to me.

Quote:
5. Why was the suspect caught in the woods initially reported to be Adam Lanza, and then Ryan Lanza and then a distraught father and now an off duty swat officer all in the course of one months time? I'm still confused about this whole scene.
So am I. It's a big red flag for me.

Quote:
6. How did a scrawny young man shoot and kill so many people with such accuracy in such a short time span without leaving more people wounded? Another grasping-at-straw question, IMO. He was shooting fish in a barrel. You don't need a lot of accuracy to pull a trigger of a gun aimed at little kids trapped in a small room.
When you look at the number of wounded/killed in any other mass shooting, the list of wounded is always higher then those who were killed and most of those shootings lasted longer giving the shooter more time. His accuracy seems extraordinary. It's unusual.

Quote:
7. Why did the police initially report that only handguns were used in the shooting and then later change the story to only an assault rifle was used? Confusion/misinformation. Probably should not have reported any such details until they were confirmed. And do we even know if this was the result of an official police report, or was it a reporter jumping on a chance/overheard remark by a cop? Early reports in distaster are often erroneous, as was discussed in an earlier post, the WTC, for example. No plane flew into the Washington Monument.
Fair enough.

Quote:
8. Why were emergency responders, who came to assist, turned away at the scene? Do you have a link to indicate that this actually happened (other than just a "questions" site)? I know that someone else did respond to this question in this thread, and if I recall correctly, it was because they didn't need them. Why would this be important?
It's odd that the police had already determined that everyone was dead so quickly and turned away help so quickly. Sally Cox said that she hid in a cabinet for 4 hours so obviously the police didn't yet know if everyone had been accounted for.

Quote:
9. Why did school nurse, Sally Cox, tell reporters that Adam's mother Nancy was a wonderful Kindergarten teacher at Sandy Hook when in fact she had no connection to the school whatsoever and was never a teacher of any kind? The earliest news reports say that a parent said she was a teacher at the school, not Sally Cox the school nurse. Please clarify why you think it was the school nurse who gave out the erroneous information and not a parent as reported.

Sandy Hook - Nurse Sally Cox - YouTube

Quote:
10. What's up with Gene Rosen's many inconsistent and odd stories about helping students from Sotos' classroom? I did not find many inconsistent and odd stories about helping the students. It seems pretty straight up. Can you provide the links to the reports that are inconsistent (not a summary source that claims they are inconsistent, the actual news stories)?
Look up his interviews with the media. You can find them on youtube. They are not consistent.

Quote:
11. If Gene really did help these 6 children then how was he able to do that when all children were reported to have been killed? Not sure what you mean here.
The reports regarding the students in Victoria Soto's classroom have been inconsistent. Some report that 6 kids ran out of the closet and escaped while others report that the students were killed after running from the closet.

Quote:
12. How did the Newtown Bee manage to interview the Principal of the school in the aftermath of the shooting if she was the first person killed? I just did some Googling, and the only place this story appears is on the pro-conspiracy websites. Is there a valid source for this claim?
That's because the msm took down the report so you may have to see screen captures in sites that saved the original image from the Newtown bee report.

Quote:
13. Why was there aerial camera footage on CNN saying that they were reporting from Sandy Hook when they really were not at Sandy Hook? Source that this happened?
A couple of people posted the source in this thread.

I'll come back later for the rest.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:50 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,448,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Have any of you witnessed one or more people die a violent death, or been near the scene of such an occurrence? Do you think you could recount exactly what you witnessed one minute afterwards and tell the same story one day afterwards? If your details vary in the slightest, does that make you a liar or part of some conspiracy to hide the truth?
Indeed. Additionally there have been numerous studies regarding the UNRELIABILITY of eye witnesses.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:51 AM

17,611 posts, read 19,039,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
If some one tells you a story that they want you to believe, but the facts and evidence from the same storyteller contradicts the story, then logic and common sense tells us that the story is a fabrication ... or a hoax.

This is basic human intelligence.
However, that is not the case with the Sandy Hook tragedy. I see nothing "odd" or "sinister" about the manner in which the story was reported or with the details surrounding the tragedy.

Perhaps some people are always seeking out the devil in the details that isn't even there to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
All right, then. Your list will not be viewed. You have convinced yourself with your list, and I guess that's all that matters to you.
Laziness is the only thing stopping you. not me.

4,566 posts, read 4,436,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I did. Here's just one part from your linked site I still find confusing:
What about the man in the woods? Central to proving any conspiracy theory is finding co-conspirators, which in this case means multiple shooters. Theorists have seized on helicopter footage of a man getting chased by police through the woods behind the school as evidence there was more than one shooter. Who is this man?

Answer: It was Chris Manfredonia, the father of a 6-year-old who attends the school. He was on his way to the school to make gingerbread houses with first-graders when he heard gunfire and smelled sulfur, so he ran.

OK, so I guess a dad could put on camo's to go volunteer at the school. Seems weird, but certainly possible. But why was he running away from the school? Why did the police handcuff him and put him in the front seat of the squad car?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
And that answer of "multiple sources" sort of sounds like Palin when asked what publications did she read, where she got her news? LOL Yes, it is all the explanation we need.
LOL, where do you people get your news? LOL.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM

10,357 posts, read 7,977,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
If some one tells you a story that they want you to believe, but the facts and evidence from the same storyteller contradicts the story, then logic and common sense tells us that the story is a fabrication ... or a hoax.

This is basic human intelligence.
Actually that is likely to happen in real life all the time.

People's memories are highly fallible. There is a ton of research proving this. Eyewitness testimony is also notoriously unreliable.

It is highly likely that a person relating a incident will at different times omit certain facts, or remember things they didn't remember before, even actually change their mind about details of what they really saw and experienced. That is the nature of memory. Memory is constructed at a point in time. It is not like a accurate videotape that we can just play back at will.

If details change it doesn't mean the person is a liar. And it doesn't mean a hoax is being perpetrated.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,448,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
How many people would have to be involved for this to be a hoax?
That kind of rational thinking is not something the folks who want to use this incident to bash "government" with will even consider.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:58 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,953,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
However, that is not the case with the Sandy Hook tragedy. I see nothing "odd" or "sinister" about the manner in which the story was reported or with the details surrounding the tragedy.

Perhaps some people are always seeking out the devil in the details that isn't even there to begin with.
You don't see the contradictions between the official story as told by the police and the raw video, school parents and witness interviews, police radio transmissions, countless social media Sandy Hook shooting websites created before the event, and the pictures and video shown on the media claimed to be from Sandy Hook but later verified to not be from Sandy Hook?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:59 AM

56,046 posts, read 54,552,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
@Kathryn: I think the reason why people are so skeptical of the media reporting is because their behaviors have been uncharacteristic as we've come to know them in times of tragedy. We are talking about the same institution that had no issue broadcasting NYers jumping to their deaths on 9/11/01, showing photos of dead Americans in Fallujah, drowning victims in New Orleans, etc. Now, all of the sudden, the media becomes modest? I don't buy it. That certainly doesn't mean I believe in a mass conspiracy/hoax. I just think there is a very definite reason for the dearth of coverage.
I still believe that my speculation as to why there aren't more pics of the evacuation as I posted in No. 445 is probably pretty valid, yet I find it odd that not one person seems to have considered it as a possibility. At least, no one addressed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies