Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 AM

266 posts, read 410,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm crazy to ask questions? I'm crazy not to automatically believe, no questions asked, everything I read or hear on the news?

Wow. I think that mindset is really sad.

The day we stop demanding accountability from our media is a sad day for our country indeed.
Nobody's questioning information because there is absolutely no way that it could be staged. It's 100% real. Have you thought that maybe they haven't been releasing much information because the media got blasted in the days following the shooting because they got certain facts wrong and seemed to be invading families privacy? If they report information too quick that may be wrong people complain that they should "wait till they have the facts". When they actually "wait till they have the facts" people complain that they should of reported the information sooner.

What kind of information are you looking for? How many times each child got shot? Where each child got shot? What exact gun was used? Who cares if its a school of 600 students and theres only one picture of students being led out of the school. Questioning that means you have doubt that this massacre actually took place. Think about it, there is no way that this shooting could be faked and heres why...

A. There are 28,000 people in Newton, CT. You would have to get everyone of them in on the "hoax". Theres no way you could get 28,000 people in on a lie and not one of them slip. I have a friend from high school whose cousin was killed in the shooting. Should I believe theres a chance that he is in on the hoax and that his cousin is actually alive or that his cousin never existed? Give me a break. Theres no way this can be a hoax with the whole town of Newton in on it and nobody lets something slip.

B. If this was a government lie and the town of Newtown wasn't in on it people would eventually find out in the days following that the shooting never happened when either A. they find out the children that supposedly died are infact still alive or B. there children tell them that the children that supposedly died never went to there school or never even existed. You could just get out a yearbook and see if those students actually existed. Think about it. If a mass shooting happened at your local elementary school and it was all made up by the government wouldn't it be pretty easy for you, as a resident of the town, to find out if a bunch of children from the area actually died or not?

No matter how stupid you may think our government is they would never attempt a scam this big. Obama would know that if he was caught he would be a dead man so he wouldn't attempt it to begin with. Besides most people in media are trying to uncover government scandels not help cover them up. Even if they were gonna begin to try to create a hoax they would pick some remote town out in the middle nowhere where everyone is related to each other so the lie could stay 'in house', not a town right around the corner from the media capital of the world.

Not sure if you believe this is a hoax or not but judging by your thread title it's safe to say you have some doubt. People who believe in conspiracies often have major trust issues. Conpiracies are often the creation of your own mind. You fit facts where you want and you dismiss facts that screw up your conspiracy.

I didn't read this thread page by page but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this has something to do with the gun debate and the people who are against guns or would vote for a certain type of gun ban are going to do so either way even if it was reported that a flyswatter was used in the Sandy Hook shooting.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
There has been a big BIG push lately to NOT publicize (ie: glorify) these types of things. Some outlets are not using the names of the killers or showing their photos for example. If you aren't getting enough details, pictures and whatnot it's probably because of that. Thank goodness. The days of OJ and the Nancy Grace style theatrics should be put away forever.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And there you have it, folks...

As could be expected, conservatives have decided to just play the "conspiracy card" and bury their heads in the sand about the entire tragedy, given that it has the potential to conflict with their unrestrained gun interests.

Doesn't fit the agenda? It must be a conspiracy!

A bunch of kids murdered in a school? Whatever - we're not concerned with any of that! We'll just deny the whole thing and flood the internet with all kinds of hare-brained and thoroughly implausible fantasies!

There is just no limit to the disgraceful depths to which a conscience-impaired conservative will sink to avoid reality.
Who is denying anything? It's now a disgrace to question what happened because throughout history the government, every government, has lied to its people. Well excuse me for paying attention to history. You just keep on believing what is fed to you. You simply can't answer the questions that are being raised so you decide to try and insult anyone who asks them. You should be asking why these questions aren't being raise instead of screaming insults but I'm used to that because most people in this country are just beyond ignorant. Do you think your heroes in the government tell you the truth all the time. If so you are exactly what they want.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There has been a big BIG push lately to NOT publicize (ie: glorify) these types of things. Some outlets are not using the names of the killers or showing their photos for example. If you aren't getting enough details, pictures and whatnot it's probably because of that. Thank goodness. The days of OJ and the Nancy Grace style theatrics should be put away forever.
Not to glorify? They have been "glorifying" it since the day it happened if that's the word you want to use. Maybe you should ask yourself why. I guess that would be a bit too much to expect.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles123 View Post
Obama would know that if he was caught he would be a dead man so he wouldn't attempt it to begin with.
You have got to be kidding me. Get away with it he is hailed as a hero by his loyal followers who think he is trying to now save all the little children in the country. Are you folks this far lost?

Old 01-22-2013, 04:01 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
I just love watching the open minded deep thinking libs fall right in line with what the establishment tells them to think.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I don't believe you either. I also don't believe Veronique Pozner. Did you know she is being investigated for fraud? Did you know there are family pictures of her available with her three children and Noah is not one of them?
Now come on. You know the drill. Links?

Old 01-22-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
The Newtown Bee is located 1.9 miles from Sandy Hook elementary school. Were the reporters in this town really too busy to make it to a shooting at an elementary school that was right around the corner from their office?
The Story Behind the Iconic Photograph from the Sandy Hook Tragedy - LightBox

The shooting stopped at 9:46am. Newtown Police dispatch requested officers at the scene at 9:35am. Conn State Police received a call at 9:41am. Considering that many thought this was a false alarm and the amount of traffic blocking the school, I'm not surprised that Shannon Hicks, of the Newtown Bee, couldn't get in until 10-15 mins after the shooting stopped.

Quote:
At 9:59 last Friday morning, Shannon Hicks pulled her 2006 Jeep Wrangler off the road just outside Sandy Hook Elementary school. As associate editor and photographer for Newtown, Connecticut’s local paper, The Newtown Bee, she was responding to a radio dispatch heard over a local police scanner.

Quote:
At 10:09 am, 10 minutes after she climbed out of her vehicle, she snapped the shutter on an elementary school class being led out of the school by two Connecticut State Police officers.

“I knew that, coming out of the building — as terrified as they were — those children were safe,” Hicks said, of the photograph soon to grace the front pages of newspapers, magazines, and nearly every breaking news website around the world. “I just felt that it was an important moment.”

Old 01-22-2013, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
What kind of person sits around "wondering" about how many photos are taken in the midst of a mass killing of children?

I think that most people will chalk it up to the overall COMPASSION of the community and the RESPECT that these people had for each other. I know that my first thought would not be to whip out my cell and hit record when I know that countless children are dead or dying.

What is wrong with people? Seriously, is your life that void of meaning that you sit around and "wonder" why more people didn't take picture and videos of grieving parents/children/school staff?

I have never heard of anything so morbid and twisted.
First of all you are WAY too stuck on the photo thing. I understand that it provides meal for your outrage, but seriously stop. Secondly, the type of person who likes to connect the dots and understand current events asks questions.

Photojournalists' jobs are to record life as it happens. It amazes me how curiosity is vilified by some.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,670,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So are you suggesting that those of us who are not particularly suspicious about this incident are "the kind of people" who believe everything we read or hear on the news? That's a pretty broad generalization if that's what you're saying. And it's also rather insulting. Do you really think that people who don't find this particular incident suspicious are generally dull and never question "stories," information, or authority?
If ever the reporting of an incident was filled with discrepancies and contradictions, Sandy Hook is. Now you seem to be saying it is ok to question stories, information, or authority----but those of us questioning THIS incident are wrong for doing so. Am I understanding you correctly?

Quote:

Again, do you doubt that the children were really killed, and do you think that the "government" had anything to do with it?
Kathryn NEVER said she doubted children were really killed. You have attacked her throughout this thread, and I do not understand why. She is asking legitimate questions regarding the reporting of SH.

I am no gun nut --- never owned a gun, have no desire to do so --- but it is clear that SH is being used to sway public opinion toward more gun control. Personally, I wouldn't be saddened to see tighter gun control....BUT.... I don't like the facts of this tragedy being twisted, withheld, or spun as seems to be the case, in order to push a gun control agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies