Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,491,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Oh, of course. Just one more mistake to add to the ever increasing pile of mistakes. I see. That pile is getting bigger by the minute.

BTW, who said anything about lizard people, alien abductions, bath salts or zombies? What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?
Since we are questioning the whole incident, I haven't seen anyone PROVE that the Illuminati controlled lizard people are not involved. Just asking questions here. Where's your proof that the lizard people aren't behind it all? I need answers.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:18 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,854,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I knew it! The Illuminati is behind ALL of it. I mean was Sandy Hook even a real elementary school? Where is the proof that it was a real school. I'm thinking that it was a clandestine training facility for the Illuminati's secret army of lizard people.
Sheeple, it is a real school, but the government abducted all the children, teachers, and their families and replaced them with robots. Adam Lanza was a patsy, they used the same guy who was behind the aurora shootings, not James Holmes who was setup. That was also a conspiracy, I cracked their code for that too.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,001,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, those types of guns were around 50 years ago.

The first AR-15s were sold to the public in 1964, over 50 years ago.
You do realize that 1964 was 49 years ago, RIGHT? The last time I checked 49 was not over 50. Regardless these type of weapons did not exist when the Constitution was written. There is no doubt in my mind that the Founding Fathers would be rolling over in their graves. If they knew that the Second Amendment would someday be used to empower mentally unstable individuals to obtain mass killing weapons and use them against innocent school children.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
EPIC FAIL!
Wow, you just ripped my argument apart, didn't you?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Are you seriously calling me a gun nut? Like I said earlier, I do not own any guns. Unless you count my kid's broken squirt gun. I stand by my beliefs regarding gun ownership and the second amendment.
Well, if you are not, then you have been brainwashed by them.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 AM

37,097 posts, read 42,103,316 times
Quote:
Oh, of course. Just one more mistake to add to the ever increasing pile of mistakes. I see. That pile is getting bigger by the minute.

BTW, who said anything about lizard people, alien abductions, bath salts or zombies? What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand?
Are you not aware of HOW MANY MISTAKES are made on a daily basis by practically everyone? I personally make them all the time, then correct them when I realize the mistake. Now I wonder if people see the paper trail and assume I'm conspiring to do something?

The worst part now is that when bad info gets online it immediately goes viral, not just on chat boards and new outlets but the sites that cull their info from other sites and then, within a matter of moments, it's considered FACT because it's on the internet and news reporters are quoting it. This happens all the time. ALL THE TIME.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:02 AM

11,120 posts, read 10,672,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
You do realize that 1964 was 49 years ago, RIGHT? The last time I checked 49 was not over 50. Regardless these type of weapons did not exist when the Constitution was written. There is no doubt in my mind that the Founding Fathers would be rolling over in their graves. If they knew that the Second Amendment would someday be used to empower mentally unstable individuals to obtain mass killing weapons and use them against innocent school children.
Nice comeback after realizing you made a complete idiot out of yourself.
So, is your point that we all need to go back to muzzle loaders, including the military and police?

Old 01-23-2013, 05:08 AM

769 posts, read 878,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
If they knew that the Second Amendment would someday be used to empower mentally unstable individuals to obtain mass killing weapons and use them against innocent school children.

Stop being dishonest. State your position honestly.

You want to punish the law abiding majority for the actions of a tiny tiny minority.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,017,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think about the relentless media coverage of the tragedy in Columbine - the photos of distraught parents, bloody children climbing out of windows, interviews with staff, and students recalling in horrific detail the events of that morning. The aerial shots as the events went down, the videos from inside the school, interviews with family after family after family.

In this digital age, I find it simply amazing that there aren't more photos of groups of students and parents, crowds of people assembling, during the events of that morning.

Anyone else find that odd? And please don't say that our media has developed a sensitivity to the feelings of others. If so, I'd say it was sudden and in complete unison - which is pretty unbelievable.
If you're trying to say it was not real, you're a nut.

Now, I do think that the left is "not letting a crisis go to waste".

Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 AM

23,842 posts, read 14,968,500 times
Quote:
A public school is on public property owned by the people who pay taxes to the district.

Increased risk of homicidal and suicidal ideations are known risks with SSRI's. Even if the risk is small, it's big enough to warrant a second look, imo. I also know people who committed suicide shortly after being prescribed an SSRI.
Beg to differ. Taxpayers may be picking up the tab, but the title is in the name of the district. They consider it to be private. Why are we talking about securing school if any member of the public can enter?

My district was having a bond election. They changed the date of the annual open house so they could have early voting at the open house. The school was a polling place. I had a sign, vote no, 100 feet from the entrance. Two school district cops and the principal threatened to arrest me for being on private property. When I responded the day they turned the school into a polling place, it was public property and to go ahead on and arrest me. Then I told them every media outlet in town would be there within 20 minutes, they backed off. I did some research. A school is private property as far as the school is concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.