U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,877,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives are liars. They come on here all the time with phony stories that seek to demonize and make criminals out of the millions of Americans they hate.

So they create bs stories about seeing food stamp users ripping off the system and how disgusting they are but you never read them say they turned anyone in for their criminal behavior.

They do the same for welfare recipients, people on SSDI, for those getting the EITC and any other group of Americans they hate.

The core of conservatism is exclusion.
You feed off the government teet don't you? It's obvious that you do. As fervently as conservatives rail against moochers and frauds, you're equally as fervant trying to debunk and defend the entitlement set. Someone without a vested interest in such benefits wouldn't come out of the woodwork calling everyone "liars" if he/she didn't have anything to lose. It's obvious that you feel guilty about something. I think we all know what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,316,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
You feed off the government teet don't you? It's obvious that you do. As fervently as conservatives rail against moochers and frauds, you're equally as fervant trying to debunk and defend the entitlement set. Someone without a vested interest in such benefits wouldn't come out of the woodwork calling everyone "liars" if he/she didn't have anything to lose. It's obvious that you feel guilty about something. I think we all know what it is.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/work-...l#post24367502

I know in conservative land one can only care about an issue if it impacts one directly. Luckily that opinion has no basis in reality

Old 01-21-2013, 04:33 PM

8,399 posts, read 5,316,757 times
Quote:
Ok, so I was off by 3 million votes. Big deal. I was going by memory. The analysis is still correct, no matter how you try to spin it or deflect. Barack Obama and Democrats campaigned to protect the status quo. That you would deny this makes you either ignorant of the facts or wholly disingenuous.
4million votes. What status quo. The ACA is not status quo. The Todd Frank bill is not status quo. Ending dadt was not status quo. Enacting the dream act through executive order is not the status quo and on and on.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:36 PM

404 posts, read 727,334 times
Quote:
Just think....62 million voters went to the polls and ELECTED the very guy who is fighting tooth and nail to protect this circumstance. Democrats have no desire to change the system. They made this clear during the 2012 campaign.

Free money and free benefits translates into votes and Democrats have the lock on that consitutuency.

Let's hope you didn't vote for Barack Obama and/or Democrats of years past. Because if you did, then you imposed this self-inflicted wound on yourself.
Oh please, Obama didn't determine how earned income credit is calculated. She had to pay in something to get back anything. Does it suck, you bet, but it's not Obama that invented the EIC.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM

66,574 posts, read 33,879,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
If you had no earned income why would you files taxes?

Take a look at your return and let us know which credit gave you the refund.

Because, I am my own business. Self employed. I didn't say I had no income, just not enough, I guess.
My wife and I are both self employed and we paid in no taxes. We go money back, as a "Tax Credit"

I too thought it was a mistake. Still think it is a mistake.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:59 PM

10,002 posts, read 11,963,914 times
I know a mom with 3 kids and she gets close to $8,000 back...

Old 01-21-2013, 07:02 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,599,600 times
I dont know, I am pissed a wall street tool like Romney pays a lower tax rate than me and able to take advantage of numerous deductions so as not to pay taxes for 8 years.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 PM

66,643 posts, read 30,414,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I dont know, I am pissed a wall street tool like Romney pays a lower tax rate than me and able to take advantage of numerous deductions so as not to pay taxes for 8 years.
Invest your already taxed earned income and you too can pay the capital gains tax rate on your investment income.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 PM

16,831 posts, read 9,139,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Wow playing with that thing I can see why ~30% of households make a profit off of taxes.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,599,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Invest your already taxed earned income and you too can pay the capital gains tax rate on your investment income.
Or use offshore Cayman Islands accounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or