U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 PM
 
21,287 posts, read 11,516,782 times
Reputation: 12155

Advertisements

If the right to bear arms "shall not be infringed" why have I seen so many here want to ban the rights of the mentally unstable to own and wield arms? I didn't see a word in the constitution about limiting the rights to crazy people to have guns.

So are you for limits and infringement or not?

Read this story about this fine representative of the gun community. They took all his guns. Because of some FB pictures and statements.

So he murdered his mother in the past and then purchased all these guns LEGALLY.

Seems his rights are being infringed?

Murderous 'monster' acquires an arsenal | StarTribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
8,803 posts, read 7,557,443 times
Reputation: 4501
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If the right to bear arms "shall not be infringed" why have I seen so many here want to ban the rights of the mentally unstable to own and wield arms? I didn't see a word in the constitution about limiting the rights to crazy people to have guns.

So are you for limits and infringement or not?

Read this story about this fine representative of the gun community. They took all his guns. Because of some FB pictures and statements.

So he murdered his mother in the past and then purchased all these guns LEGALLY.

Seems his rights are being infringed?

Murderous 'monster' acquires an arsenal | StarTribune.com

Probably because the mentally unstable with guns are a threat to society. You also can't scream "fire" in a movie theater.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 PM
 
6,335 posts, read 4,415,520 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Probably because the mentally unstable with guns are a threat to society. You also can't scream "fire" in a movie theater.
What part of shall not be infringed don't you understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,963,098 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
What part of shall not be infringed don't you understand?
Don't be absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
 
6,335 posts, read 4,415,520 times
Reputation: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Don't be absurd.
Gun grabber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 PM
 
25,059 posts, read 23,083,969 times
Reputation: 11618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
What part of shall not be infringed don't you understand?
US government does a lot of things that are unconstitutional. Such as Obama's warmongering without a declaration of war, Patriot Act, forcing sex offenders to register for their crimes when they committed their crime BEFORE registration requirements were around (violating ex post facto), slavery, etc. etc. etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 PM
 
15 posts, read 33,515 times
Reputation: 20
It also says nothing about felons, but you never hear the NRA whining and crying about felons' inability to get weaponry.

Why?

Because most felons are black democrats, and the NRA is a Republican organization. Not a conservative organization, and not a gun organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,125 posts, read 21,963,098 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Gun grabber
Firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens are not a threat to society - they are the very guardians against tyranny which is the reason why the right of people to bear them is protected.

Mentally unstable people aren't capable of effectively preserving liberty.

You should read the Federalist Papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Austin
29,518 posts, read 16,417,568 times
Reputation: 8061
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmic line View Post
It also says nothing about felons, but you never hear the NRA whining and crying about felons' inability to get weaponry.

Why?

Because most felons are black democrats, and the NRA is a Republican organization. Not a conservative organization, and not a gun organization.
Now that's some creative writing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,322 posts, read 10,396,400 times
Reputation: 7953
What about age requirements? Aren't we citizens at birth? Why can't a 12 year old go buy a gun, they are citizens too. Their constitutional rights are being infringed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top