U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 PM

50,723 posts, read 26,752,776 times

Advertisements

Again, people are ignoring the fact that rural Americans damn near starved to death during the Depression.

And during the Dust Bowl years, the folks in that area weren't so self reliant, were they? The federal government had to go in and save their Bacon.

If the "apocalypse" hits, rural Americans will be in the same boat without a paddle as everyone else will be. They're no more resilient than anyone else.

Lol @ C-D posters pretending to be "Grizzly Adams." Stop it.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:30 PM

39,303 posts, read 20,382,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Again, people are ignoring the fact that rural Americans damn near starved to death during the Depression.

And during the Dust Bowl years, the folks in that area weren't so self reliant, were they? The federal government had to go in and save their Bacon.

If the "apocalypse" hits, rural Americans will be in the same boat without a paddle as everyone else will be. They're no more resilient than anyone else.

Oh believe me, country dwellers are well versed even today to survive. Too many city folk depending on welfare meaning they don't want to work and that would go for harvesting and hunting.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM

1,586 posts, read 1,919,004 times
I LOL'd at that article.

There's no noise ordinances in rural conservative areas? LOL It's easy as hell to get thrown in jail by good ol' boy cops in rural areas these days. Almost every bad experience I've ever *directly* had with corrupt government officials and crooked cops were in rural conservative areas and not in the cities.

That article is off base in so many ways. The best part is that Republicans keep predicting doom and gloom. 5 years into eminent destruction of life as we know it and it's become somewhat of a broken record at this point.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 PM

14,380 posts, read 7,718,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Did you really just try to compare people involved in the dust bowl years to everyone in rural America today? You're talking about a relatively small group of people in one geographic area dealing with a man made catastrophic event...

This has to be one of the stupidest posts I've read since joining this forum.

The overwhelming majority of people in this thread aren't preparing for an apocalypse, we're preparing for the fallout of years and years of failed economic policy coupled with an ever growing government dependent group of people who can't support themselves even in the good times. I'm not in the least bit concerned about global or even continental apocalypse scenarios, I'm preparing for when the lights go out downtown and the mailbox money, government housing crowd gets hungry.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 PM

46,053 posts, read 29,544,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Did you really just try to compare people involved in the dust bowl years to everyone in rural America today? You're talking about a relatively small group of people in one geographic area dealing with a man made catastrophic event...

This has to be one of the stupidest posts I've read since joining this forum.

The overwhelming majority of people in this thread aren't preparing for an apocalypse, we're preparing for the fallout of years and years of failed economic policy coupled with an ever growing government dependent group of people who can't support themselves even in the good times. I'm not in the least bit concerned about global or even continental apocalypse scenarios, I'm preparing for when the lights go out downtown and the mailbox money, government housing crowd gets hungry.
Well what are you doing posting in here, you should be hunkering down cause doomsday is coming.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 PM

14,380 posts, read 7,718,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well what are you doing posting in here, you should be hunkering down cause doomsday is coming.
Yes of course, you can't deny that I'm correct so you resort to weak attempts at insults. Don't you want to fantasize about burning people's homes down a little more Rambo?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies