U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 02:52 PM

9,665 posts, read 8,673,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's not my concern, I'm going to worry about feeding myself and my family members.
That's the thing man.
While you are busy trying to defend resources, the hungry will turn their faces to some crazy charismatic dictator. This dictator gains militant control and seizes your lands. And he's not coming for you with a gun, it will be tanks and airplanes bombing your shelter.

There is plenty of rural land out there. It's in your best interest to work out a solution to help people use that land to keep themselves fed.

Otherwise it's rise of communism and fascism all over again.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:52 PM

4,912 posts, read 2,889,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's not my concern, I'm going to worry about feeding myself and my family members.
If you don't mind being dead soon that's fine

Old 01-22-2013, 02:53 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,252,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Are you really suggesting that we don't have to use Greece as a warning sign because we have the ability to inflate away debt whereas they do not?
that is correct.

Quote:
Really?
ya rly

i mean even your patron saint, Romney, was accusing China of artificially DEVALUING their currency. Not over-valuing. De-Valuing. That's LESS VALUE. Do. You. Understand ? It's a race to the bottom right now whether you like it or not.

Greece is screwed, not because it's a dysfunctional country, but because it is a dysfunctional country in a currency union.7

Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM

66,574 posts, read 33,889,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I mean you could try, but I seriously doubt rural Sheriffs could hold a candle against a big city PD especially if they fought one jurisdiction at a time. You would be out gunned and outnumbered, just because you don't have the resources to buy advanced weapons, and hire/train large numbers of people that a place like a major city can muster. Even if you banded together you would be no where near as organized and you would not have the logistical support.

You would likely be killed to the man as an example to others.

Hahahahahahahaha!!

That's what King George thought too!
LOL!

Too funny. Out gunned... Hehehehehe. I have more firepower than the APD, in Austin or San Antonio.
That would not stand a chance against my Uncles old Betsy.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:57 PM

19,025 posts, read 22,266,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Not really and here is why. The NYPD alone has 40,000 uniformed officers and plenty of transportation and ordinance. You don't think that if there was a "collapse" the NYPD in some form, and other large urban police departments would organize into militias and then go collect food taxes from rural areas to keep the city going, also don't you think they would keep the harbor open to import stuff? Don't you think town PDs would do the same thing on a smaller scale?
I think you would end up eating a lot of dead police officers if you can get them back.

farmers tend to shoot as a part of every day life. I do, I shoot about 100 .22s a week, at tree rats, and assorted other very small varmints. I tend to shoot them in the head. This means at 50 yards and more i can shoot a target the size of a silver dollar.

I can do that same thing with my scope mounted .308, and 8mm rifles, but it costs more.

Since i have shot teams as a primivtive Buck Skinner against cop teams.... never yet losing a match in 30+ years is telling.

We Skinner beat the cops flint locks against modern guns... Then we beat them again using their guns and loading our flinters for the cops since they can't load flintlocks period.

Some how I don't see the cops getting past my Public Servant's Questionnaire

http://www.llsdc.org/attachments/wys.../PL093-579.pdf

No cop will fill that out..... No cop will take what i grew....... Unless i happen to be in a sharing mood. That might be 1 potatoe for it's weight in gold coins.

No one has the right to come take what i worked for, and or grew for me and mine. Trying to will end anyone;s life a tad early and I will simply turn that body into other things.

Just like i do with deer. I brain tan deer hides and smoke them, and could of humans. I would feed something else the human meat, or maybe trade it to city people for diamonds or gold coins.

I would make assorted tools from the bones just like i do of deer, game counters and neck chokers too. When I kill a deer I use as much as I can of it for several other things like sewing with real sinew humans have that too.. And making hide glue....

So yeah sure send the cops LOL The funniest thing is you think the cops will bring back food for you in a city...... Haa haa Haa what a gas that is.......

And the rest is I would get the car, the fuel the oil, and where ever else I wanted....

I have a sort of nice guy rule too. I will feed most anyone one meal, and if then they don't leave for places far away they will be my slave if they want to eat again. That is a lot better than what most rural folks will give you or any city cop.

And while maybe I will talk sweet to the cop, my wife might be in her camos, 200 yards out with night vision on and and her rifle pointed into the cops ear....

She likes that 8mm mag pretty well herself....

Want food and water, bring ammo diamonds or gold.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hahahahahahahaha!!

LOL!

Too funny. Out gunned... Hehehehehe. I have more firepower than the APD, in Austin or San Antonio.
It was all fun and games until the modern era.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:58 PM

9,856 posts, read 13,442,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
that is correct.

ya rly

i mean even your patron saint, Romney, was accusing China of artificially DEVALUING their currency. It's a race to the bottom right now whether you like it or not. Greece is screwed, not because it's a dysfunctional country, but because it is a dysfunctional country in a currency union.
First, I would take you more seriously if you didn't say moronic things like 'your patron saint, Romney'.

Second, why do you think China was devaluing their currency, and what on earth does that have to do with the fact that the united states inflating down debt is a terrible policy idea?

Third, a dramatic devaluation of the dollar would cause business to flee the country, would cause individuals to further tighten spending, would prolong a recessionary period while pushing wages further down. Instead of giving up as you have, saying it is a 'dysfunctional country', we could compose a balanced budget, cut spending in a non-partisan (a term foreign to someone who thinks like you, no doubt) manner across the board (social safety nets as well as military), endure a longer recessionary period without massive inflation, and in 25 years or so finally have a country with a healthy balance sheet.

We have dug ourselves a hole, and are heading (sooner or later) towards a prolonged recessionary period. To make the choice to devalue a currency and add inflation to the mix as you seem to have done in addition to the current fiscal troubles is nothing short of stupid.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:00 PM

19,025 posts, read 22,266,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hahahahahahahaha!!

LOL!

That kid is a riot huh? My wife can stop 500 cops with just shooting the highest ranking officer thru the head... One shot, one kill and where in K ryst's name did that shot come from......

Old 01-22-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I think you would end up eating a lot of dead police officers if you can get them back.

farmers tend to shoot as a part of every day life. I do, I shoot about 100 .22s a week, at tree rats, and assorted other very small varmints. I tend to shoot them in the head. This means at 50 yards and more i can shoot a target the size of a silver dollar.

I can do that same thing with my scope mounted .308, and 8mm rifles, but it costs more.

Since i have shot teams as a primivtive Buck Skinner against cop teams.... never yet losing a match in 30+ years is telling.

We Skinner beat the cops flint locks against modern guns... Then we beat them again using their guns and loading our flinters for the cops since they can't load flintlocks period.

Some how I don't see the cops getting past my Public Servant's Questionnaire

http://www.llsdc.org/attachments/wys.../PL093-579.pdf

No cop will fill that out..... No cop will take what i grew....... Unless i happen to be in a sharing mood. That might be 1 potatoe for it's weight in gold coins.

No one has the right to come take what i worked for, and or grew for me and mine. Trying to will end anyone;s life a tad early and I will simply turn that body into other things.

Just like i do with deer. I brain tan deer hides and smoke them, and could of humans. I would feed something else the human meat, or maybe trade it to city people for diamonds or gold coins.

I would make assorted tools from the bones just like i do of deer, game counters and neck chokers too. When I kill a deer I use as much as I can of it for several other things like sewing with real sinew humans have that too.. And making hide glue....

So yeah sure send the cops LOL The funniest thing is you think the cops will bring back food for you in a city...... Haa haa Haa what a gas that is.......

And the rest is I would get the car, the fuel the oil, and where ever else I wanted....

I have a sort of nice guy rule too. I will feed most anyone one meal, and if then they don't leave for places far away they will be my slave if they want to eat again. That is a lot better than what most rural folks will give you or any city cop.

And while maybe I will talk sweet to the cop, my wife might be in her camos, 200 yards out with night vision on and and her rifle pointed into the cops ear....

She likes that 8mm mag pretty well herself....

Want food and water, bring ammo diamonds or gold.
If we sent you to Russia at the time of Hitler's invasion you would tell us you'd win right?

It's not just cops with ford crown vics and pistols.
It's the military too.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:05 PM

22,769 posts, read 26,252,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
First, I would take you more seriously if you didn't say moronic things like 'your patron saint, Romney'.
you are a garden variety conservative , are you not ?

Quote:
Second, why do you think China was devaluing their currency
for stability. devalued currency translates into lower unemployment , especially in an export-driven nation, like everyone on earth seems to simultaneously want to be.

Quote:
and what on earth does that have to do with the fact that the united states inflating down debt
"inflating down debt" ? that's a ... funny.. way to put it.

i can't tell what you're asking me here, but the united states has the global reserve currency, and that is an important distinction to make between us and greece. It's not a good comparison, the U.S. has a large enough economy that it dictates a good bit of global currency policy, while greece does not. Plus it underestimates how screwed up greece's issues are compared to the U.S. They can't even get accurate data for Greece because it is so corrupt.

Quote:
Third, a dramatic devaluation of the dollar would cause business to flee the country
only, it won't, and from this point on your post de-rails into neocon fantasy-land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies