Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 03:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
If you don't mind being dead soon that's fine
August 3rd 2010 at 10 pm at night I hit a jeep cherrokee on my motorcycle lightly, that was stopped right now fast by a moose. I needed a few more feet.... Not a big deal I onlu ruined my ft fender and was able to rise out the rest of the season with the ruined one.

The point is you think cops are great shots.. if this is true why would 2 NH state troopers miss a moose enough times standing right next to it where I showed them it would be, to need 9 god damned rounds of 9mm and 12 ga?

I felt bad for the moose....... I should have stuffed my 5 shot NAA .22 mag derringer in it's ear and blown that poor animals brains out.. The cops made a Royal Mess of a butcher job and you people think cops know about guns because they get one bullet in their shirt pocket, and a pistol in and holster....

In 50+ years of hunting I have only known a hand full of cops that do.

Silly city people...

Old 01-22-2013, 03:09 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
If you don't mind being dead soon that's fine
LOL... let me ask you something. You're in NYC and the big solar storm hits and the lights go out, its the middle of winter. The lights stay out.

What do you think happens after that?

Old 01-22-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What's your solution to feed millions?
Most of you city dwellers will die........ it's what you want for being a city dweller. One thing bad enough goes wrong and inside of 30 days you will be dead....

If you want to eat start prepping.... prep really well, as it could be a real long time...

Don't think us hicks you hate, are going to care and feed you..

I am not worried...... I can start naked and find food all day long... In a week or two i would be dressed..

The first day out starting naked with No Tools i would have fire, and shortly after most anything else i needed.

If you get that good, you won't worry either..... it's your choice.

Just don't count on rural folks be sensitive to your city needs.. We aren't.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
As long as there is gas to be bought country folk will not have to worry about electricity, if there is no electricity they would have to adjust. And that situation how it is handled would depend on how well they prepared for long periods of no electricity and what the season is. The warmer months of course it would be very hard to keep your food in fridge/freezer from rotting. For those prepared like myself the answer would be to to thaw and can everything possible.
I'm guessing you had no experience with Hurricane Sandy... let alone the 70's gas crisis!!

Last edited by mateo45; 01-22-2013 at 03:24 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
LOL... yea I can see some inner city punk now as his explodes all over his buddies after I shot him from 600 yards away. Those city folk won;t be coming into areas that are populated by unarmed peasants, they'll be coming into areas with people armed to teeth many square miles that they know like the back of their hand.
LOL if you honestly think it would work like that. Cities have stuff like armored personnel carriers, helicopters, and all sorts of toys. chances are you won't see it coming and that is precluding the possibility that various parts of the army don't side with one city or another which is highly likely especially if one or more generals wants to take over and restore stability, they will do so from a city.

In that situation you are dead. I mean you can have your mad max fantasies, but quite frankly if you look at the real world and real world history in almost every invasion or social crisis the city ends up better.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
I grew up in the country and now I live in the city. Frankly, the holier than though, stuck up attitudes of country folk have been far worse than any 'city folk' attitude I get here.

However...I have met a LOT of people here that are like me... we can navigate and deal with cities as well as easily survive in the country. It's sleeper cells like me you'd have to look out for.

Country folks overinflated sense of self importance will ultimately be their downfall.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The power grid is really the only big issue that this area needs to work out.

But if you are proposing the doom and gloom prophecy, then I suggest watching Revolution because it will probably be something like that if we lose power.
In a small NY NJ scale maybe.... What if the power grid is taken out on a national basis.. No lights, next no water, no fuel for cars.... Traffic gridlock next.... Now you have no heat, not water and are walking.. No food coming in and those city stores are done in hours not days..

No one is coming, because the whole country is out of power..... Even if the power is back in just 90 days your dead by 60 days at that point..

If the power grid goes down and takes 1/2 the nation out maybe you have a chance.

I have seen stores refuse to sell what they have just because computers wouldn't run... I have seen a few ice storms where power was down for more than 2 weeks and by the 3rd day there was nothing anyone would want in stores even if there were foods on the shelf. That food was wicked nasty....

Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
LOL if you honestly think it would work like that. Cities have stuff like armored personnel carriers, helicopters, and all sorts of toys.
All of which is dependent on an infrastructure to support them.

Truthfully why concern myself, you have people in these areas looking for water 12 hours after a disaster...

Old 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
LOL... let me ask you something. You're in NYC and the big solar storm hits and the lights go out, its the middle of winter. The lights stay out.

What do you think happens after that?
The military seizes control...

People riot...

Who knows what's next.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:27 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
you are a garden variety conservative , are you not ?
No...Romney was the first republican I have ever voted for in a national election. I voted against Bush and spoke out on this board as animatedly against him as I do of Obama now. Additionally, saying stupid things such as 'your patron saint, Romney' speaks to your level of maturity which makes me hesitant to hold an intelligent conversion with you.

Quote:
for stability. devalued currency translates into lower unemployment , especially in an export-driven nation, like everyone on earth seems to simultaneously want to be.
China currently does not have the infrastructure from a physical or macroeconomic standpoint to support its economy in a non-highly manufacturing based world. It is currently starting to compete with the India's, Vietnam's and Cambodia's of the world. It is attempting to retain a manufacturing base while it can build up an information based economic system such as the western world has.

Quote:
well, the united states has the reserve currency, and our unwillingness to inflate our own currency in a liquidity trap is part of the reason that everyone else in the world is scrambling to devalue theirs.
So you are OK with how over-leveraged the FED is as it stands today? They are in a worse position than bear stearns was in 2007. The FED is already a powderkeg, and you want to rely on it more?

Quote:
only, it won't, and from this point on your post de-rails into neocon fantasy-land.
Give me a semblance of proof beyond "I don't want it to happen!"

Also, what about the proposal I gave you was 'neo-con'? How is cutting spending to safety net programs and military a 'neo-con' viewpoint?

The programs I spoke of consist of 74% of spending at the federal level. Cutting those programs even in half would put us on a long term path to having an even balance sheet. It is pretty pathetic that I suggest a compromise (cuts on both sides of the isle) and you immediately scream from a partisan standpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies