U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:26 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,448,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
But that's the whole point.

Nobody wants to talk about shooting like this, the ones that make up the majority of the gun violence problem, because racists ignorantly use it to attack minorities.....and minorites are often sensitive to criticism as a result.

I guess you missed thread after thread of finger pointing in all the gun threads blaming "old white guys" "NRA gun nuts" and other *acceptable* targets of blame for the problem.

ESPECIALLY with Obama as president, we have missed a golden opportunity to really try to address the majority of gun violence in this country. Instead we had a politicized witch-hunt over a tiny sliver of the gun problem.

But hey, now isn't an appropriate time to talk about it and not many people give a crap anyway.
When the thread is started with racist, spiteful undertones. Just how do you think the thread will develop? Think, man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 12:29 PM

12,521 posts, read 23,060,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Oh please. Do you mistake people for fools? Why don't you just go for the trifecta and say "n-----" and "spear chucker"?

Urban violence might be barbaric, but it isn't primitive. It's called poverty. Why is that so hard for people to understand? Poor white areas are just as prone to violence and drugs. Ever heard of meth and meth-heads? If there's poverty, you'd better believe there will be crime and lots of it.

I really doubt well off people would be behaving the same way. Both my husband and I are minorities with good incomes and I sincerely doubt you'd have to worry about us shooting up the place or behaving like "apes".
In my upper-middle class neighborhood 2 houses down are a Black family & they are the only minorities in the neighborhood with the exception of a Hispanic family a few houses up from them. They don't cause trouble & are very friendly. I always wave with a smiling face when I pass by & so do they.

On the flip side there are some low income apartments right behind us where minorities (predominately Black) pay $5.00 a month in rent & local PD is called out there 24/7/365 for fights, drugs, shootings, rapes, domestic violence, overdoes, stabbings, etc. etc. etc.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM

802 posts, read 933,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Easy stamp out or contain black urban culture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
forget the content of character, most blacks and hispanics enjoy crime. i am hispanic and i see it first hand. put a bunch of hispanics and blacks in a community and crime rate increases. that is just the way it is. we tend to behave like animals when we are all together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The cause of the murders?

Well according to the left - the cause is the evil guns that were used to commit the murders.

Wasn't that their reaction after Newtown? Ban the guns - not let's try to figure out what made Lanza tick.

See it is real simple - ban guns and murder will miraculously stop - because no ones strangles, stabs, or bludgeons anyone to death.
Like I said stop with the politrickin nonsense all those guys want is money and a dumbed down, slaving general population, dig deep and see the real cause behind the murders, and follow the money for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Yes, primitive, barbaric behavior is what I was getting at. It was in no way a racial slur as I'm sure you twisted it to mean.
Really now? Learn some history

Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
I don't disagree with the above statements.

Decades ago, the Moynihan Report tried to discuss the negative long term side effects on the Afro American family due to the way welfare policies were set up. Moynihan referred to slavery in the report but Eugene Genovese in his book documents how the family structure was relatively tight even right after abolition.

Moynihan and others caught a lot of flack for trying to discuss these issues. The Democratic leadership then & now is only interested in votes and they get upwards of 90% of it already, so they won't change their tune.

I believe Romney did try to reach out and I think even got booed and heckled a couple of times, but other than him and maybe George W. Bush, has the GOP seriously done as much outreach as the Dems have over the past 40 years?
The Democratic leadership could do a lot more if the GOP weren't so dismal looking concerning their social policies. Both parties can do a lot more, but when a conservative thinker begins to inject a bunch of bias into the equation saying, "it's the democrats and their poverty pimps who are doing the poor in".....well, any thinking individual can quickly dismiss that rubbish. The problem is many fold, but a good way to bring folks out of the vice-grips of poverty is by paying a livable wage. By doing that we'll be much better prepared to address the other myriad of issues that are affecting the poor communities of our country. But, a lot of conservatives don't want to do that. No, they wish to keep the laborers' wages low, keep their(the bosses) wages high, and then throw the rest of the burden onto the middle class taxpayers. With Romney it'd been more of that same ol' same ol' bullpucky.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
In my upper-middle class neighborhood 2 houses down are a Black family & they are the only minorities in the neighborhood with the exception of a Hispanic family a few houses up from them. They don't cause trouble & are very friendly. I always wave with a smiling face when I pass by & so do they.

On the flip side there are some low income apartments right behind us where minorities (predominately Black) pay $5.00 a month in rent & local PD is called out there 24/7/365 for fights, drugs, shootings, rapes, domestic violence, overdoes, stabbings, etc. etc. etc.
Isn't that so "white" of you. Waving and smiling at those you deem to be worthy of your admiration. Wow, your ego is quite ginormous.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 PM

12,521 posts, read 23,060,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Isn't that so "white" of you. Waving and smiling at those you deem to be worthy of your admiration. Wow, your ego is quite ginormous.
Yes, I admire people who work hard their whole lives to be able to live comfortably & afford a nice home & send their kids to decent schools.

You could be Black, White, Purple, or Green I don't care as long as you have set goals & aspirations in life.

Those thugs in New Orleans have no goals in life other than to bring as many as they can down with them.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Yes, I admire people who work hard their whole lives to be able to live comfortably & afford a nice home & send their kids to decent schools.

You could be Black, White, Purple, or Green I don't care as long as you have set goals & aspirations in life.

Those thugs in New Orleans have no goals in life other than to bring as many as they can down with them.
No, you said that the Black family and Hispanic family don't cause trouble. Like you are implying that that is unheard of.....that a Black family or Hispanic family wouldn't cause trouble. Your unconscious mind keeps popping out and it shows in everything you post. There are already a plethora of books and research papers, though, documenting what you express through your post. So, I won't be getting any type of awards for exposing your unconscious bias'. Oh well.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM

51,719 posts, read 41,651,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
When the thread is started with racist, spiteful undertones. Just how do you think the thread will develop? Think, man.
Well I said as much in my post. I think you missed my entire point.

Doesn't change the fact that I see people gleefully piling all over the thread about a campus shooting in Texas because they are able to politicize it.

Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the gun problem is ignored. Kinda ironic that in another thread someone is complaining about the attention paid to missing white kids vs. black kids.....but let's not talk about the shootings because that's racist talk.

The entire gun debate is being turned into nothing more than a poltical axe grinding. There is no honest discourse on the topic.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well I said as much in my post. I think you missed my entire point.

Doesn't change the fact that I see people gleefully piling all over the thread about a campus shooting in Texas because they are able to politicize it.

Doesn't change the fact that the majority of the gun problem is ignored. Kinda ironic that in another thread someone is complaining about the attention paid to missing white kids vs. black kids.....but let's not talk about the shootings because that's racist talk.

The entire gun debate is being turned into nothing more than a poltical axe grinding. There is no honest discourse on the topic.
Those murders in Chicago and other mainly poor, minority areas are happening for many different reasons. Just like they are in the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the tragedy in Newton. It's not just somebody having access to a gun. Are the guns a major problem? You darn tootin' right they are. Are they THE problem? I don't think so. Are liberals asking for everybody to turn over their guns or face the guillotines? I haven't heard any thing of the such. If you'd like to address some of the other problems that are facing poor, majority minority neighborhoods in inner-cities.....i'd be more then welcomed to walk you through some ideas. It's just that as there is an underlying issue with the mental health component to a lot of the majority "white" mass murders......there's a whole slew of problems concerning poor, minority communities, that go back centuries(most of which are not of their doing) and there are still remnants of their exploitation/marginalization's and many more to this day.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:00 PM

18,614 posts, read 16,393,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
This statement is a fine example of what the lack of a good education looks like, a minority within a minority, the black criminal element is certainly a shame on those who constitute that class, but in no way should the entire black community be called into questioning for their misdeeds.
Why not? The community produces and tolerates these deeds. If the shoe fits.
If Blacks don't want to take responsibility for the crime that emanates from its communities, why should they claim Obamas success as their own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or