U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:32 PM

23,679 posts, read 15,128,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterStar View Post
Often times, I'll browse the C-D Politics forum just to get an idea how folks stand on some issues in these interesting times we live in.

More often than not the number of posters are overwhemingly liberal, often with extremely intolerant views of conservatism and those politicians with a conservative agenda. The election was close but that is not reflected in this forum.

Why is this?
Since polls have shown liberals only make up about 20% or less of the US population, they truly are over represented. They are the meanest, nastiest, most angry, intolerant people you will ever come across.
Rate this post positively

Old 01-21-2013, 09:35 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,782,637 times
Because the internet offers a safe way to talk crap about other people. Liberals are a bunch of cowards and phonies who would never say anything to a mans face so the internet is a great way given their angry sniveling nature.

This and the fact that most libs don't work so they have more time to surf the net on their pawn shop bought cheap computers while Conservatives are busy working and paying their bills and being involved in their communities

Old 01-21-2013, 09:36 PM

4,944 posts, read 6,477,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It has been shown by various research projects that there are trends in who tends towards being liberal and who tends towards being conservative. They have different personality traits in general terms. I imagine that extends to participation in political forums.

I know I personally am conservative and don't generally have a big interest in participating on politics forums. This is the only forum I frequent and I do so only to pass the time in some vaguely intellectually stimulating way. My conservative friends do not participate in forums and before I became disabled and lost my job, I had no interest in discussing politics online either. It's only now that I find myself confined to my house with much more free time on my hands that I've started coming here. The point being that it's not really what I would ordinarily choose to do with my time. So I don't find it unusual that there are relatively few conservatives here. I wouldn't be here myself if circumstances were different.
Very good post ! I am somewhat conservative about some things and liberal about others.....but, the liberals get so nasty in their debate that I don't really like to participate much. It was a dirty campaign and it doesn't seem to have gotten any better.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:37 PM

2,714 posts, read 2,727,366 times
I realize this is a troll thread...I'm currently bored so I will bite.

Just looking at the post counts of a few members. Conservatives definitely have more posts on this forum.
I honestly don't see many liberal posters pull off 5k posts in a few months like some have, also don't see many liberals with over 10k posts like a few conservatives have on this forum.

No doubt we have a few right wingers, who maybe you were trying to make help feel better but facts say otherwise...

Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 PM

3,343 posts, read 5,730,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Since polls have shown liberals only make up about 20% or less of the US population, they truly are over represented. They are the meanest, nastiest, most angry, intolerant people you will ever come across.
Do you believe we're the nastiest from web experience or real-life experience? Please don't attempt to label all of us as contemptible if the media or the web is the only experience you've ever had with us.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM

1,487 posts, read 2,141,362 times
The further we get from the 2012 election the more conservatives will start to return to these forums. It's more or less the same pattern that liberals followed after Bush's second term election. Immediately after an election the losers tend to withdraw and look for new ideas, strategies and tactics which is the intelligent to do. You don't fire back with the plan that just lost you the election.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 PM

23,679 posts, read 15,128,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Very good post ! I am somewhat conservative about some things and liberal about others.....but, the liberals get so nasty in their debate that I don't really like to participate much. It was a dirty campaign and it doesn't seem to have gotten any better.
Interesting. I have conservative minded co-workers and liberal co-workers. I can discuss politics with the conservatives, and disagree with them on an issue, and we actually discuss it, and we sometimes change our minds and agree with the person we had disagreed with.

But liberals... if you disagree with them about anything, politics, sports, pretty much anything, they get defensive, and angry, as if if stating a different opinion from them is somehow a personal affront and an attack on them. Then it all goes downhill from there, the liberal makes everyone uncomfortable, and we just end the discussion.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 PM

3,343 posts, read 5,730,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Interesting. I have conservative minded co-workers and liberal co-workers. I can discuss politics with the conservatives, and disagree with them on an issue, and we actually discuss it, and we sometimes change our minds and agree with the person we had disagreed with.

But liberals... if you disagree with them about anything, politics, sports, pretty much anything, they get defensive, and angry, as if if stating a different opinion from them is somehow a personal affront and an attack on them. Then it all goes downhill from there, the liberal makes everyone uncomfortable, and we just end the discussion.
Some people just are intolerant of others though its a contradiction that the 'liberal' of your co-workers is the most intolerant considering we're the ones who preach about tolerance. What makes you describe him or her as a liberal? Because they supported Barack Obama? They believe in individual rights such as but not limited to gay marriage? What? I'm just wondering if him or her is a Democrat or Liberal.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 PM

1,487 posts, read 2,141,362 times
The only thing that is left in this country that is non-partisan are mean and ugly people. Ideology doesn't make any difference. A mean spiteful person can be of any political stripe.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,524,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
The only thing that is left in this country that is non-partisan are mean and ugly people. Ideology doesn't make any difference. A mean spiteful person can be of any political stripe.
Although I think there are a few issues that have backers in both parties, I agree with the overall sentiment. I would love to hear someone from the "right" side of the political playground chime in concerning this post. Do you concur? Or are only the "lefties" the meanies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.