U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 PM

662 posts, read 937,705 times

Advertisements

I think righties predominate.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 PM

306 posts, read 631,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Now does the OP still feel this way after reading through this thread?
I just think that it's sad to see that race is a continuing divisive issue. Saying Obama got elected because of his race is a valid argument. Many voters on election day were not liberals nor had any ideology...they simply voted color and that is racist. This point makes liberals, however, boil over.

Yes, to your question.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:39 PM

1,494 posts, read 1,447,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterStar View Post
I just think that it's sad to see that race is a continuing divisive issue. Saying Obama got elected because of his race is a valid argument. Many voters on election day were not liberals nor had any ideology...they simply voted color and that is racist. This point makes liberals, however, boil over.

Yes, to your question.
And I suppose everybody who voted for Romney did it, because he was just the right guy for the job? Neither side is immune to prejudices. The only thing to say "yes" to, is that both sides can get ugly towards the other. Trying to go back to the playground days of saying "You're a big booby head"...."No, you are"....."I'm telling!". Is silly, puerile and could go on forever for all eternity.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 PM

20,338 posts, read 13,844,432 times
Quote:

Yes, to your question.
It's not as if skin color some how makes a person genetically predisposed to vote a certain way, so it does make a person wonder why some voting blocks always trend a certain way.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:57 PM

9,665 posts, read 8,630,721 times
Honestly, cd seems to be pretty balanced on the liberal and conservative thing.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:25 PM

13,938 posts, read 10,884,523 times
Quote:
Often times, I'll browse the C-D Politics forum just to get an idea how folks stand on some issues in these interesting times we live in.

More often than not the number of posters are overwhemingly liberal, often with extremely intolerant views of conservatism and those politicians with a conservative agenda. The election was close but that is not reflected in this forum.

Why is this?
LOL...Are you kidding?? Clearly, you haven't been reading this forum. I guess you missed the anti-MLK threads we had yesterday, the "we hate the gays" threads we get every day around here, the "Obama is an evil Marxist Kenyan" threads, and the "we will kill everyone if you take our guns" threads that you get about every hour on here. Hint: those are not posted by liberals.

Last edited by ambient; 01-21-2013 at 11:46 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 PM

9,033 posts, read 8,720,511 times
What I've noticed is that most threads here are started by conservatives, who apparently think they can dominate this forum by bulk-pasting the latest faux outrage from Drudge or Breitbart or wherever.

Then, when liberals answer their threads, they indignantly claim that liberals are trying to "silence" them. Then they paste another thread from InfoWars or Daily Caller. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:48 PM

29,041 posts, read 44,933,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Because the internet offers a safe way to talk crap about other people. Liberals are a bunch of cowards and phonies who would never say anything to a mans face so the internet is a great way given their angry sniveling nature.

This and the fact that most libs don't work so they have more time to surf the net on their pawn shop bought cheap computers while Conservatives are busy working and paying their bills and being involved in their communities
Ah, my favorite "independent/neutral" poster. You really believe these lies, don't you? Despite the fact that just as many, if not MORE, Republican/cons are on welfare - and despite the fact that Dems/liberals are PROVEN to be more well-educated & higher paid overall. And you still expect us to believe liberals are all unemployed welfare leeches? I guess the denial runs deep.

Signed, a gainfully employed middle-class/professional "liberal"

[MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-22-2013 at 05:09 PM..

Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,977,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Are you serious? The Politics forum is overrun by Tea Partiers/White Supremacists.
The Tea Party stands for lower taxes, small government, and accountability.

Shame on you for insinuating something different.

You live in Georgia.

Guess what? That was a confederate state.

See how that works?

Try to be honest and to avoid mischaracterizations.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 AM

29,125 posts, read 21,977,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Liberals dominate internet forums because their opposition is so weak.

All the competent people on the Right are too busy making fortunes, exploiting tax loopholes, and managing hedge funds to spend time on such an unproductive pursuit as discussing politics on the internet. That leaves the field to nut-jobs, fanatics, racists and bunker-builders, who are invariably either too poorly informed or too hysterical to hold it.

Liberals, meanwhile, can afford to take a few hours from their stressful day teaching one seminar to six grad students, or re-decorating the yoga studio, or leading nature-walks for the elderly, to express their opinions cogently after checking and re-checking their facts on Wikipedia.

That's why Liberals always dominate internet forums.
Nice job caricaturizing both the right and the left.

In the real world - things are much different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies