Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 02:15 PM

23,484 posts, read 23,823,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Even Dianne Feinstein's bill to ban assault weapons in California, is not retroactive, i.e. no one will be taking away the assault weapons that people already own.
You have CLEARLY not read the summary that's been published, nor the analysis of it.

YES, IF PASSED, FEINSTEIN'S BILL WILL MEAN CONFISCATION.

Did you get it this time? Do I need to yell any louder? I *know* you've been told this, elle. Either address and refute it or face the facts.

All that said, I don't think it'll pass as proposed, but to say that there's nobody in government that wants to confiscate them is simply wrong, and you've been told this MANY times now, elle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 05:03 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,607,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
considering where I live, if a cop or fireman actually shows up, it will be after the fact rather than during a crime or fire.
No hurry, Sheriff Andy and Barnie aren't going anywhere

Old 01-22-2013, 06:53 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,607,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You have CLEARLY not read the summary that's been published, nor the analysis of it.

YES, IF PASSED, FEINSTEIN'S BILL WILL MEAN CONFISCATION.

Did you get it this time? Do I need to yell any louder? I *know* you've been told this, elle. Either address and refute it or face the facts.

All that said, I don't think it'll pass as proposed, but to say that there's nobody in government that wants to confiscate them is simply wrong, and you've been told this MANY times now, elle.
Confiscating Assault rifles from the hands of morons isn't a bad thing

Old 01-22-2013, 06:56 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,142,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
A bear skin rug sounds nice, still not sure why anyone would want just the arms.

a bear skin rug is very comfortable, and is great to lay on. have 1 on my living room floor.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
No hurry, Sheriff Andy and Barnie aren't going anywhere

when a cop has to drive 20-30 minutes to get to my home, and a fireman the same distance, then you might think barney fife, but I think the sheriffs here would take what you said in the wrong way if you called them that.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,074,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
This is the boldest resistance AND wording I have seen yet in defying Obama's executive orders. They are prepared to 'fight till the death' if the Second Amendment is not kept to it's traditional meaning. This is the kind of leadership we gun advocates and Second Amendment rights preservers have been looking for in order to combat this treachery the president (usurper) has unleashed on us, the American constitutional patriot. All it takes is one or two states to start it with bold defiant action (like the Utah Sheriff's association) and others will follow. I stand behind the Utah Sheriff' and my constitutional right to bear arms.

Utah Sheriffs Prepared To 'Trade Our Lives'- Refusing Any Federal Gun Confiscations | Alternative
Sound like a bunch of divas to me.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Sound like a bunch of divas to me.

they are the highest ranking leo in their counties, even fleas do not outrank them, and cannot operate in their counties without notifying the sheriffs 1st.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,474,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post

This is the boldest resistance AND wording I have seen yet in defying Obama's executive orders.
Whoa ! Where have I been? What did I miss? What executive order to confiscate guns?

Provide a credible link, please.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,877,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
A bear skin rug sounds nice, still not sure why anyone would want just the arms.
I got a bear skin rug with all it's arms, head, teeth, and tail too. Took it with a 30 30 Winchester fire arm.

It's nice to know some public servants will obey the LAW and their oath....

The Feds don't know it, but we have them surrounded

Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,877,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Whoa ! Where have I been? What did I miss? What executive order to confiscate guns?

Provide a credible link, please.
Please just go back to sleep...... if you must know try reading post Numba 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies