U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 06:42 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,828,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWS View Post
In the same way as Madoff duped more americans than any other scammer, i suppose you have a point.

Given the in-org-o-ray-shun appears to a brit to be little more than a free music concert with beyonce, is there any reason why millions wouldnt turn out?
I watched pretty much the entire thing and I heard her sing one song.

Did she really give a concert?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 AM

19,099 posts, read 12,221,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Well America elected George W. Bush once (every knows he stole the first one) so you do have a point. Anyways America has more than redeemed herself with Obama. I couldn't be more proud of her.
Good for you. However, for me, something about insuring economic ruin of the nation is rather unsettling.

I guess you never read "Animal Farm", "1984", "Farenheit 451", or "One day in the life....."?

Human nature defies the concept of "slavery", whether it is physical or economic. No one enjoys working for the pleasure of others and being deprived the benefits of their own labor. It is a very simple and universal trait among humans.

Do you really think that the productive componant of the nation will serve under the yoke of higher taxes and less income for the benefit of the dependent class? If so, you are kidding yourself. Liberalism is insanity expressed on a macro scale. If you really believe in the principles of liberalism-

1. take in a homeless person into your home
2. give up your car and ride a bike
3. give up air conditioning in the summer
4. allow a family of illegals to move in next door
5. Average your kid's "A" with an "F" student so both can pass
6. Give $1,000 to the next random person you meet in the streets
7. give up your promotion and give it to a less qualified minority
8. Give up the college spot you kid has earned and give it to a less qualified minority
9. allow your kids to use illegal drugs in the house
10. encourage your daughter to have multiple sex partners and to get an abortion
11. Give your next door neighbor half of your salary so he doesn't have to work

You see................. liberalism is insane. I guess that explains why liberals have a higher incidence of mental illness. No one should be proud of the path the nation has taken. But I guess if the nation is going to be destroyed, we best get it over with quickly and let Obama do "his work".

I hope you have land, food, water, a secure facility, and plenty of guns, ammo, and gold. Most urban dwellers have none of the above. I wonder how things will turn out for them?

Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM

16,884 posts, read 13,039,376 times
Quote:
President Obama is easily the most popular US President in recent memory. His 2013 Inauguration, although down from the epic turnout at his 2009 Inaugural, is still greater than the inaugurals of all previous Presidents in history. In fact you could add up the inaugurals of the two Bushes together and it would still fall short of Obama's 2013 numbers.

Inauguration 2013 Turnout Estimate: 800,000-1 Million People Came To Ceremonies, D.C. Official Says

Another testament to Obama's enduring popularity is the fact that he is the only President in history besides Eisenhower to be elected twice with more than 51% of the popular vote. In fact Obama won both his elections with electoral college landslides.

It must suck to be a Republican in the Obama era. It's one thing to contend with the crushing defeats at the polls, but two epic turnouts in a row at his inauguration must be next to unbearable for them.

On the other hand, for Democrats Obama is a godsend. He is the greatest thing to happen to our party since FDR.

dont worry, in 2016, the dems will lose and we will end getting another group of big government republican in office, as people will be tired of obama and his policies just as people were tired of bush and his policies in 08.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 AM

2,931 posts, read 1,914,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Nope. MLK day is a holiday at my office. I got paid to take a day off!!!!!
Watched the inaguration most of the day; it was great!!!!

Some people get vacation days and holidays at their places of employment. Seems like you're not one of them.
When I was working, I was the boss/owner. Those who can DO,...those who can't are called "employees"..

Personally, I enjoyed a full day of Star Trek re-runs. Saw no real advantage to listen to more lies and bullcrap from Washington.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:45 AM

7,215 posts, read 7,913,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

1. take in a homeless person into your home
2. give up your car and ride a bike
3. give up air conditioning in the summer
4. allow a family of illegals to move in next door
5. Average your kid's "A" with an "F" student so both can pass
6. Give $1,000 to the next random person you meet in the streets
7. give up your promotion and give it to a less qualified minority
8. Give up the college spot you kid has earned and give it to a less qualified minority
9. allow your kids to use illegal drugs in the house
10. encourage your daughter to have multiple sex partners and to get an abortion
11. Give your next door neighbor half of your salary so he doesn't have to work
LOL...none of those things have anything to do with being a liberal. Boy, your poutrage is strong these days, huh? Don't you have a surgery to perform or something?

Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,549,626 times
Quote:
President Obama is easily the most popular US President in recent memory. His 2013 Inauguration, although down from the epic turnout at his 2009 Inaugural, is still greater than the inaugurals of all previous Presidents in history. In fact you could add up the inaugurals of the two Bushes together and it would still fall short of Obama's 2013 numbers.

Inauguration 2013 Turnout Estimate: 800,000-1 Million People Came To Ceremonies, D.C. Official Says

Another testament to Obama's enduring popularity is the fact that he is the only President in history besides Eisenhower to be elected twice with more than 51% of the popular vote. In fact Obama won both his elections with electoral college landslides.

It must suck to be a Republican in the Obama era. It's one thing to contend with the crushing defeats at the polls, but two epic turnouts in a row at his inauguration must be next to unbearable for them.

On the other hand, for Democrats Obama is a godsend. He is the greatest thing to happen to our party since FDR.
Oh I don't know that it means anything really, think about it, the left's most hated Glen Beck had a crowd that big or bigger at his event. So?

Old 01-22-2013, 06:47 AM

12,764 posts, read 7,828,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Yep,...it was humor.

Didn't you see the "smiley face" at the end?

God,...you liberals are really ignorant/stupid!!!

Like I've said before,...liberals are the most unhappy people on Earth.
Yes, and a smiley face indicates you are laughing at others.

If it was truly a joke, you should use the 'sarcasm' icon.

God...who is it that's ignorant/stupid?
Then again, conservatives have no sense of humor, especially when it comes to sarcastic humor.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 AM

30,255 posts, read 16,643,271 times
Quote:

Who cares?

"Crushing defeat?" His margin of victory was not that great, and it must surely suck knowing that you had to engage in voter fraud to get there! Tsk, tsk .... couldn't make it on his own merit! What a joke this jerk is!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 AM

30,066 posts, read 16,619,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
It's very revealing that conservatives say that the Americans who voted for the President are mostly the unemployed and welfare recipiants as if that's an insult and de-legitimizes President Obama's re-election.

It shows very directly that for conservatives certain voters don't count. That any politician receiving the votes of the unemployed and those on welfare in the minds of conservatives received the votes of illegitimate Americans who are takers voting themselves free stuff.

The core of conservatism is exclusion.
I actually think it's things like this - the hate slung our way ~ for anyone who voted for President Obama, the accusations (birther, Commie) slung at President Obama himself ~ that only solidified his re-election and the Democratic Party.

Party on Repubs.

NOW - I'm off to my PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:58 AM

149 posts, read 268,307 times
Quote:
It's not a secret liberals believe in Obamism like in a religion and religious events always have high attendance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies