Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Blacks are monolith, just as low IQ, poorly educated whites are a monolith. It's plain as day the Dem platform is beneficial to all middle class and poor Americans. So blacks have an excellent reason to vote Dems regardless if they are voting because of skin color. You on the other hand are so tribal you can't even vote in your own family's self interest. Electing instead to go with what white elites, and white run corporations tell you to do.

Both parties are run and pander to the elitists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Both parties are run and pander to the elitists.
Right. But only one party has a significant minority faction that is willing to stick up to elite power and those people are liberal Democrats.

The GOP is 99% rotten, with only 1 or 2 Libertarians bucking the system.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Right. But only one party has a significant minority faction that is willing to stick up to elite power and those people are liberal Democrats.

The GOP is 99% rotten, with only 1 or 2 Libertarians bucking the system.

Yeah the GOP doesn't like us Libertarians too much, LOL! Then again neither does the Democrat party. As I said in another thread, it makes no difference if you're black, white, purple, or whatever... if you're not part of the elite, then we're all in it together as in we're all getting the shaft! Both parties have proven that they have do not have the best interest of all Americans. Money talks, and...well... you know the rest.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I don't see MLK bucking the system.......

Old 01-22-2013, 12:22 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Without a doubt he'd be a Democrat. Black folks are a monolith. I don't see MLK bucking the system.......unless of course he were the lone black person with a megaphone big enough to tell black culture how rotten it is. Still, I believe he'd still be a Democrat doing so.
You do realize that in his lifetime Dr. King did buck the system and continued to do so even after many of his allies in the civil rights movement backed away from him.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:22 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,302,822 times
Default If MLK JR. Were alive today he would not be a republican or democrat

Dr. King would still be a Republican.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 2,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Contrary to what the sheeple believe and tell you, your vote isn't wasted. Don't let them fool you into playing the "I have to vote for the lesser of two evils" game. Because last time I checked voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.
I feel that the wasted votes are the large majority of uninformed voters among us. Meaningful performance data on our elected officials regarding issues that we care about on an individual basis is lacking in the media and only available to folks who research diligently or subscribe to a PAC focusing on one issue or another. Too many of us go to the poles with no intelligent data to base our choices on.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenegg View Post
I feel that the wasted votes are the large majority of uninformed voters among us. Meaningful performance data on our elected officials regarding issues that we care about on an individual basis is lacking in the media and only available to folks who research diligently or subscribe to a PAC focusing on one issue or another. Too many of us go to the poles with no intelligent data to base our choices on.

Very true. My thought is the only wasted vote is a when one doesn't vote.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
MLK Jr. was a man of peace a thing which neither party in this country seem to care about i was just watching a video on youtube from the young turks where they showed cornell west lambasting Obama about using the very same bible that MLK JR. used. What was said I think is very true that if MLK JR. were alive he would say Obama is as bad as bush and was as bad as Clinton and Bush Sr. and those before him. This is how sad we've become as a country where even a person who sends drones in to other countries killing civilians and supposed "terrorists" in the name of freedom and justice. Personally I think it's just one big sick twisted joke, Obama is no more a liberal than Romney or Bush is. I do not see how anyone who calls themselves for justice,liberty or freedom can be fine with this even if you are democrat,conservative,liberal,libertarian,republic an you can continue feeding into this nonsense and all it will do is create more hate towards this country and more resentment which in turn will create many more terrorists. Tell me what if the japanese started flying drones into this country and picked off people it considered "terrorsts" ? What do you think the U.S. would do if we were as poor as many of the countries in the M.E. ?

Cornell West Goes OFF on Obama (Video) - YouTube
I would agree with this

Old 01-22-2013, 01:25 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,474 times
Quote:
My familys' best interests are in fact best represented by Republicans. That's because I have money that I earned it through blood, sweat, and tears. Scumbag Democrats, on the other hand, seek to take it to give to the leeches. So your tripe about not voting for my familys' interest is just that. Pure, unadulterated tripe.
Instead of being so angry about your money going to the poor or working poor your perfectly ok with your money going to wars,isreal, defense contractors and oil companies ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Dr. King would still be a Republican.
And if he were you and others like yourself would call him a rhino, no I don't think he'd want to be part of your party anymore than he'd want to be a democrat if anything he'd be an independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies