U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM

9,138 posts, read 6,731,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dome View Post
Mr. Hagel's record in the Senate clearly indicates that he opposes any strong action to stop or impede the Iranian drive toward nuclear weaponization. He not only eliminates the military option, even as a last resort, but he incredulously took a position even opposing economic sanctions. His nomination would send a clear signal to the radical Iranian regime that the Obama administration is willing to accept a situation of "nuclear containment". Such a policy is not only not in the interests of Israel. It is absolutely NOT in the security interests of America.

He was one of only a few who opposed categorizing the Iranian Al Quds as a terrorist organization, opposed the US designation of Hezbullah as terrorist, and advocated recognizing Hamas - a terror gang dedicated to the destruction of Israel and designated as a terrorist organization by the US and EU-and promoting it as a legitimate party to negotiations.

Hagel's policies on the Iranian nuclear drive, Islamic extremism, and anti-terrorism are inimical to the interests of the U.S.

His animosity toward Americans based on their particular sexual preference is despicable. Any unbiased observer would find his convenient “apology” for his anti-gay history on the eve of his nomination to be obviously insincere. Hagel is a liar.

The Hagel issue is not one of Democrats versus Republicans or liberals versus conservatives.
It is one of those who stand up for American national security interests versus those who don’t.
It is one of those who oppose the actions and existence murderous terror gangs versus those who don’t.
It is one of those who support equal rights for all Americans versus those who don’t.

It is one of those who stand up to the world’s extremists and terrorists and America’s security versus Hagel and his anti-gay pro-mullah cohorts.
Hagel wont be setting policy and since the President has already won re-election...i'ts kinda a mute point. Dont you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 08:39 AM

918 posts, read 708,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If Obama picked John McCain, the conservatives would saying he collaborated with the enemy when he was captured. Conservatives are never happy with anything Obama does.
I've been saying that since day one and have the proof.
Would you like to see it OR are you just into "Jive"?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 AM

9,961 posts, read 6,263,818 times
Hmm, well I'm not up on all the OP was talking about. HOWEVER, I finally got to watch some of the reruns of the hearing and oh my goodness. He's really quite the dumbo isn't he, I had no idea. I dare say if he was a woman he would be laughed out of consideration for this position. I do hope if he passes he has plenty of staff to help him, they may even need to hire extra.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 AM

3,744 posts, read 2,584,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dome View Post
Mr. Hagel's record in the Senate clearly indicates that he opposes any strong action to stop or impede the Iranian drive toward nuclear weaponization. He not only eliminates the military option, even as a last resort, but he incredulously took a position even opposing economic sanctions. His nomination would send a clear signal to the radical Iranian regime that the Obama administration is willing to accept a situation of "nuclear containment". Such a policy is not only not in the interests of Israel. It is absolutely NOT in the security interests of America.

He was one of only a few who opposed categorizing the Iranian Al Quds as a terrorist organization, opposed the US designation of Hezbullah as terrorist, and advocated recognizing Hamas - a terror gang dedicated to the destruction of Israel and designated as a terrorist organization by the US and EU-and promoting it as a legitimate party to negotiations.

Hagel's policies on the Iranian nuclear drive, Islamic extremism, and anti-terrorism are inimical to the interests of the U.S.

His animosity toward Americans based on their particular sexual preference is despicable. Any unbiased observer would find his convenient “apology” for his anti-gay history on the eve of his nomination to be obviously insincere. Hagel is a liar.

The Hagel issue is not one of Democrats versus Republicans or liberals versus conservatives.
It is one of those who stand up for American national security interests versus those who don’t.
It is one of those who oppose the actions and existence murderous terror gangs versus those who don’t.
It is one of those who support equal rights for all Americans versus those who don’t.

It is one of those who stand up to the world’s extremists and terrorists and America’s security versus Hagel and his anti-gay pro-mullah cohorts.
Hagel is a reflection of he who nominated him, pure and simple. But America re-elected Obama, so there is no reason to expect they would object to his mirror image.

Both, of course, are supremely un-fit fo rthe office they seek/hold.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:24 PM

8,353 posts, read 5,967,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
I've been saying that since day one and have the proof.
Would you like to see it OR are you just into "Jive"?
Yeah, prove it.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:57 PM

Default Here you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yeah, prove it.
Okay then! Remember you asked for it.

Item:
John McCain ‘Sang Like a Canary’ to the North Vietnamese©
Material Supplied by Colonel Ted Guy
John McCain’s SRO at the Plantation
Dedicated to the Memory of Ted Guy
15 April 2008
Sinc this is copyrighted material I can only give you this link:
McCain Sang Like a Canary
Be sure to read the very thorough and long link at the end of the Ted Guy introduction if you are sincerely interested in this.

Item:
On June 4, 1969, a U.S. wire service story headlined “PW Songbird Is Pilot Son of Admiral,” reported one of McCain’s radio broadcasts: “Hanoi has aired a broadcast in which the pilot son of the United States commander in the Pacific, Adm. John McCain, purportedly admits to having bombed civilian targets in North Vietnam and praises medical treatment he has received since being taken prisoner.
“The broadcast was beamed to American servicemen in South Vietnam as a part of a propaganda series attempting to counter charges by U.S. Defense Secretary Melvin Laird that American prisoners are being mistreated in North Vietnam.”
McCain says he violated the Code of Conduct only when the North Vietnamese brutally tortured him. He further claims that he was so distraught afterwards that he tried to commit suicide. He has never explained why his “aid to the enemy” continued for more than three years.
Even though there are no reports in the public record from other POWs who witnessed McCain’s claims of torture and heroics or his attempted suicide, the American media has accepted his version of events word for word, no questions asked.
Yet, the same press that transformed the admiral’s son into an “incredible war hero–an inspiration to all Americans,” vilified the two grunts.
Comparing the incidents surrounding the fates of three POWs,’ who collaborated with the enemy, makes one question why two faced possible execution for treason, while the third won acclaim as a hero fit to be President of the United States.
Once more, Lady Luck had smiled on John McCain . . . or was it the admiral?
Sources for this report include:
U.S. News and World Report, May 14, 1973, POW-Two Years With The Viet Cong, By George E. Smith Viet Cong Memoir, by Truong Ntu Tang, Five Years to Freedom, by Nick Rowe
Last Firebase Archives files, The Nightingale’s Song, by Robert Timberg
Faith of my Fathers, by John McCain.

Item:
Please read all the content in this link.
JOHN MCCAIN: AID AND COMFORT | Veterans Today
I was a friend of Ted Sampley and posted regularly to his Veterans Dispatch site. Ted was adecorated Green Beret vet. He dedicated most of his civilian life afterwards to championing, sometimes as the lone voice in the wilderness, the full accounting of and for the issue of POWs/MIAs and dogging McCain with THE TRUTH and they had some run-ins. As a vet I would say that Ted was a straight-shooter and class act. He lived only 2mi. away from the property I owned in NC and had invited me to stop by and visit on my next trip down. I never made it. He passed on only 3 weeks later. RIP Ted. Semper Fi......semper.

Item:
Post Viet Nam era character comments:
While testifying before the Senate Select Committee, the very man McCain claims was responsible for his own torture, his interrogator, "The Bug" was appearing. When the moment of confrontation came, McCain rose from his seat, walked from the podium to the floor and stood face to face with the man who was responsible for torturing him and countless other Prisoners of War...McCain then grabbed the man and embraced him!

He has been a consistent advocate of lenient treatment of Vietnam.

While a member of the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs (1991-1993) he referred to POW/MIA Family Members and POW/MIA Activists as whiners, vultures and the lunatic fringe
Although the Senate Select Committee concluded that we left men behind, McCain crossed party lines to help lift the embargo and normalize relations with Vietnam. "It's very important for us to recognize that the war is over, ... In my view, an improvement in relations between our two countries does a whole of lot things from a practical standpoint, but it also[/SIZE][SIZE=2], from a spiritual standpoint indicates that we are ready to close that chapter," McCain said. (Many POWs and families of MIAs would strongly disagree that is time to close this chapter! Improving relations with Vietnam stood to benefit the McCain's family as they hold a large interest in the Budweiser Corporation. Surprise, surprise Bud was among the first large U.S. Corporations to enter Vietnam after relations were normalized.)

He ignored a letter from former POW, Capt. Eugene "Red" McDaniel, co-signed by 50 former POWs which asked that the embargo not be lifted and not to normalize relations and still McCain would not be swayed.

When the Missing Service Personnel Act of 1996 came on the Senate Floor for debate, Senator McCain called this bill "un-necessary" and "burdensome" even though the MSPA was sponsored by the then majority leader and the man who had considered asking John McCain to run with him, Sen. Bob Dole.

McCain managed to get the MSPA amended by removing criminal liability and several articles that were important to POW/MIA Family members.

Source: <title>Sen. John S. McCain - Is McCain a Patriot or is he a Traitor? You decide.

Well that's some of it.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:04 PM

1,515 posts, read 995,998 times
If AIPAC doesn't like Hagel, then there must be something good about the man. I hope he gets confirmed on that basis alone.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 PM

3,448 posts, read 2,670,761 times
All you need to do is watch the hearing and notice the style. Skirting around issues, refusing to answer yes or no demonstrating deliberate disobedience before the job is even gotton...( that was intentional intimidation with McCain...how can you have a job interview and defy one of the interviewers...if that was an interview for say a chief position in the corporate world everyone would walk out.

fast forward to a problem and guess what, more of the same but a difference, and that difference is cashing a pay check that just will not bounce, following instructions, being forthright and showing trust in both yours and whatever faculty function and objective is key, obedience and example will always be important in many ways. The individual must follow instructions and give patience allowing for the point, and then gracefully ask for time to explain if necessary. It shows strength in character and compliments the general order of the exploration, very important. No matter...disobedience is an objection to knowing, the whole essence of the time set aside. Knowing for now, but more importantly knowing for later as the world is what it must be.. for now.

Last edited by stargazzer; 02-02-2013 at 09:31 PM..

Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 AM

Default Does that mean that you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
If AIPAC doesn't like Hagel, then there must be something good about the man. I hope he gets confirmed on that basis alone.
...have no opinion on Hagel, either way, and simply don't like the AIPAC influence?

Old 02-03-2013, 10:29 AM

Default I'd say it is "a moot point"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Hagel wont be setting policy and since the President has already won re-election...i'ts kinda a mute point. Dont you think?
...meaning it's debatably doubtful.

I hold to my contention that Hagel APPEARED TO BE almost incompetent at the hearings. Totally disoriented as to his past comments and positions and unfamiliar with this administration's current policy positions. When I suggested that senility may have already reached out to touch Chuck Hagel I was quite serious. Anyone who has seen a family member so effected can observe that it starts with one being somewhat forgetful and disoriented and unable to relate as previously in personal relationships.

My opinion is from the right and I see this appointment of a Republican RINO as an intentional thing. It is correct, as you said, that as Secy of Defense (just like as Secy of State) that person doesn't set FINAL policy until it's okayed by the President, BUT he would be responsible for managing the MOST important cabinet department there is imo and one that has many critical linkages directly to private industry also, not to mention our top military commnaders. I think this is more of Obama using any Republican he can to further divide that party PLUS, if he turns out to be incompetent in his position, Obozo can appear to be a nice guy and quietly ask him to step down for ''reasons of heath" and the media will laude him for being so non-partisanly considerate with effusive praise equivalent to...Madeleine Kahn utterance in Blazing Saddles of..."Whatta guy!" (swoon...). It's what the lamestraem media now calls their contemporary version of "journalistic integrity" (tic...almost). It's a win-win deal for Obozo any way you look at it, except for one.

If my scenario would come to pass, it would be more proof of the evil incarnate in our midst that we call "President" right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies