Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 10:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
ROFLMAO I doubt you know how silly you come across. But regardless, what is your point and problem with it all, anyway?

I would suggest you might take your problem up with your son rather than lecturing the rest of us. But that is your business. It only becomes everyone elses when you start pontificating. Or do you just like to stick your nose into other peoples business without a clue as to what you are talking about?

How many law-abiding gun owners have ever committed mass murder in gun-free zone? Why should it matter to you if I sell a gun to my next-door neighbor?
I don't have a problem with my son.

Why would I? He's reasonable and realistic about gun ownership.

He loves his guns and enjoys them in a way that I don't understand but he has no problems with background checks and some other common sense restrictions.

He also sees the NRA for what it is - a mouthpiece for the gun industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,603,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I don't have a problem with my son.

Why would I? He's reasonable and realistic about gun ownership.

He loves his guns and enjoys them in a way that I don't understand but he has no problems with background checks and some other common sense restrictions.

He also sees the NRA for what it is - a mouthpiece for the gun industry.
Then what is your problem here? I have no problem with background checks either. I havent seen anyone on this thread who does. Can you show otherwise?

BTW -- do you mind if I ask how old you are?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:

BTW -- do you mind if I ask how old you are?
Under most circumstances I wouldn't mind.

I'm just not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:

I'm just not sure what it has to do with the topic at hand.
Then answer it. I am 55 and have two kids and two grandkids. I will never ask a question of another person I would not answer myself. So do you mind answering? I have a reason.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I have a reason.
And what is that?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Then why do you mind it now?

Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Then why do you mind it now?
Because I don't know what your motive is for asking.

We've been involved in a fairly contentious interchange here and I have to wonder why now you decide to ask me such a personal question.

You say you have a reason; I would like to know what that reason is before I answer - or if I answer at all.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
And what is that?
Well, why not answer it? You have all these kids who range in age from 17-37, and you are single. This is according to your profile. You bought your 18 year old an assault weapon?

And again, none of my business...I couldn't care less. But you bought some of those guns for your son but mis-trust everybody else with them? What kind of sense does that make?

Sorry. Like I say, so much of all you posts just rings up [TILT].

Old 01-22-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Well, why not answer it? You have all these kids who range in age from 17-37, and are single. This is according to your profile. You bought the 18 year old an assault weapon?

And again, none of my business...I couldn't care less. But you bought some of those guns for your son but mis-trust everybody else with them?

Sorry. Like I say, so much of all you post just rings up [TILT].
I didn't say I mistrust everyone else with them. But it is obvious there are a lot of sick individuals who are getting their hands on them who shouldn't have them and something needs to be done.

But, yes, in hindsight, I'm not so sure that gun was the best choice of a birthday gift for an 18-year-old kid.

But it was what he wanted, and in a lot of ways, he had earned it. He's always been a responsible and level-headed kid and has always been the one I could count on the most to help me around my little farm. Buying that gun was, in part, letting him know that I knew he could be trusted.

And, besides, at eighteen he could have just as easily bought the gun himself. He didn't need me - I'm just the one who paid for it.

I don't know what I post that you find so unbelievable.

Last edited by Cinebar; 01-22-2013 at 11:13 PM..

Old 01-22-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I didn't say I mistrust everyone else with them. But it is obvious there are a lot of sick individuals who are getting their hands on them who shouldn't have them and something needs to be done.
Yep, and gun control laws haven't stopped them, have they? If they have? Show us where they have! THEN, you have a point!

Quote:
But, yes, in hindsight, I'm not so sure that gun was the best choice of a birthday gift for an 18-year-old kid.

But it was what he wanted, and in a lot of ways, he had earned it. He's always been a responsible and level-headed kid and has always been the one I could count on the most to help me around my little farm. Buying that gun was, in part, letting him know that I knew he could be trusted.
Let's see. Backtracking here...

You wanted to show your 18 year old son (who actually, would not have been legally able to purchase it himself) that he could be trusted? So you went and bought him an "assault weapon", that he himself could not have legally purchased...but yet that you would disaprove of in the hands of older adults?

What the hell kind of sense does this make?

Where did you buy it? Did you have to pass a background check to do so? What kind of ammo did you buy with it? Or did you? If not, where did he buy and what calibre was it?

Quote:
I don't know what about what I post you find so unbelievable.
LOL Believe me, you are no more "confused" than I am about all you say!

Anyway, I gotta hit the sack. We can rejoin another time. Have a good evening!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies