U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:01 AM

10,953 posts, read 8,696,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
So apparently this loser shot himself in the arse after he was done with the argument with his buddy...

Lone Star College gunman accidently shoots himself in the butt before giving up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 11:39 AM

63,153 posts, read 34,396,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
So apparently this loser shot himself in the arse after he was done with the argument with his buddy...

Lone Star College gunman accidently shoots himself in the butt before giving up
I wonder if he shot in self defence, or if this was mutual combat, or what. According to the article he will be charged with aggrevated assault.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:11 PM

37,034 posts, read 16,141,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
I hear ya but I don't know how that can be proved to work in every case.
I guess you haven't heard, "If it saves just 1 life, it is worth it", the left likes to use so often on MANY issues.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 01-23-2013 at 01:59 PM..

Old 01-23-2013, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes that's what we need, students with CCW just what we need at institutions of higher learning.The college already has campus police, we don't need some self annointed Rambo helping them out. Thank goodness intelligent thinking prevailed in the Texas congress instead of Sen. Birdwell.
Did it EVER occur to you that some of those students just might be policemen or mitiary or ex-military or other mature adults trying to further their education?

Not ALL student are there just to party.

I wouldn't paint ALL students with your scorn for students.

There was a case in Va few years back where an armed person went into a college and was threatening everyone. 2 off duty police officers were in attendance. Because of the "gun free zone" law they could NOT carry into the school.

They both went to their cars and got their guns, Upon being challenged by these 2 cops the intruder was dis-armed and arrested with NOBODY getting shot.

As the left likes to say, 'If it saves only ONE life, it is worth it".

Old 01-23-2013, 01:33 PM

816 posts, read 1,679,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
I would suggest you might take your problem up with your son rather than lecturing the rest of us. But that is your business. It only becomes everyone elses when you start pontificating. Or do you just like to stick your nose into other peoples business without a clue as to what you are talking about?
Exactly! This is what the liberals do all the time!

I can go on and on about why but I can't get off-topic.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Sounds like an NRA talking point if I ever heard one.
I'm sure you have have some statistics you back up you "opinion".

Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Jesus Christ. Reading the updates on the news today, this isn't even a school shooting. It appears as if two men got into a gunfight and wounded each other. A third person was hurt in the crossfire. I gurantee this is going to be over a women.

NO ONE was going into the school loaded for bear and shooting up the school. You liberal anti gun people are sickening. At least get the facts straight before you start screaming the sky is falling.

On and NO evil "assault weapons" were used. Of course, that won't stop any of you from lying and making more BS up.
" At least get the facts straight before you start screaming the sky is falling."

Now THAT, would be a first!.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
What role does their color have to do with the shooting???

I bet you were happy when you found out they were black men.
"What role does their color have to do with the shooting??? "

Why don't you ask the media? They are the ones revealing the information.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
That is a good question. Why aren't you posting threads about the daily Chicage murders and how their gun control laws aren't working?
These stories NEVER reach the MSM.

"Two Shot in D.C. Last Night, One Killed in PG Count. This marks the 16th homicide in Prince George's County in 2011."

Two Shot in D.C. Last Night, One Killed in PG County: DCist

Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM

11,780 posts, read 8,604,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If this means that every country which has registries, have confiscated weapons, the claim is not true. There are many countries which require reqistration, but have not confiscated guns. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any other country than US which do not require registration. If a nation wants to confiscate guns, all they have to do is inform the people to turn in the firearms, and most people will comply. Those who would not comply, are the same people who would also refuse registration, so it doesn't make any difference. I do not think such registry would serve any true purpose, so I do not support it.
Looks like our friendly snow covered neighbor is ditching the registry.
Long-gun registry officially scrapped | EnergeticCity.ca
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies