Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
To start, how many gun shows have you ever been to in your life? Please answer that. For tht matter, have you ever even fired a gun? Where are you from?

Do guns scare you or something?

If I want to sell a certain firearm of mine to another law-abiding citizen? Why is it any of your business and why do you care?

Mass Destruction? Like I asked earlier. Have you ever even held a gun in your life?
I grew up with guns. My father was a lifelong hunter (and fisherman).

When I was 14, I even took an NRA hunter safety course.

I used to have a shotgun, which I used to shoot at coyotes who were after my chickens, ducks, and geese (never hit one, though). I gave it to one of my sons when he moved out on his own (because he likes guns more than I do).

I had a 22 revolver, which I also recently gave to my son. I just didn't feel that I needed it - or really wanted it. And, for the record, I bought it at a yard sale.

I actually like to target shoot, but it's not a big deal in my life nor is it something I get a hard on over one way or another. Unlike the gun huggers on this forum.

My son used to bring his assault rifle over here occasionally to shoot, but it was so loud and it freaked my animals out so I told him not to anymore. I have some very old animals and their well being is way more important to me than target shooting is. And, yes, I shot that rifle.

I am NOT afraid of guns and I am sick to death of you gun huggers assuming that I am.

What I am afraid of are the idiots who don't want ANY common sense restrictions and oversight on gun ownership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
While we're working on making sure people do background checks to buy guns ANYWHERE why don't we also make it illegal to burglarize homes or break into cars without a proper background check too?
You're really kind of stupid, aren't you?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:52 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

I used to have a shotgun, which I used to shoot at coyotes who were after my chickens, ducks, and geese (never hit one, though). I gave it to one of my sons when he moved out on his own (because he likes guns more than I do).

I had a 22 revolver, which I also recently gave to my son. I just didn't feel that I needed it - or really wanted it. And, for the record, I bought it at a yard sale.

I actually like to target shoot, but it's not a big deal in my life nor is it something I get a hard on over one way or another. Unlike the gun huggers on this forum.

My son used to bring his assault rifle over here occasionally to shoot, but it was so loud and it freaked my animals out so I told him not to anymore. I have some very old animals and their well being is way more important to me than target shooting is. And, yes, I shot that rifle.

I am NOT afraid of guns and I am sick to death of you gun huggers assuming that I am.

What I am afraid of are the idiots who don't want ANY common sense restrictions and oversight on gun ownership.
You can be sick till the cows come home, until you show some people some respect and stop calling all gun owners "gun huggers" along with the other constant insults you shouldn't expect anyone to give a damn what you have to say about anything.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
You're really kind of stupid, aren't you?
I'm sorry if you mistook me for a liberal Democrat, please forgive me if I said something that made you think I was.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You can be sick till the cows come home, until you show some people some respect and stop calling all gun owners "gun huggers" along with the other constant insults you shouldn't expect anyone to give a damn what you have to say about anything.
Oh, boo hoo.

I guess it's ok to call those of us who believe we need some common sense regulations "gun grabbers," though?

Double standard much?

Hypocrite.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM

25 posts, read 22,328 times
Quote:
Oh, boo hoo.

I guess it's ok to call those of us who believe we need some common sense regulations "gun grabbers," though?

Double standard much?

Hypocrite.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
Quote:

So what are you wanting? Just background checks?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, boo hoo.

Double standard much?

Hypocrite.
So you assume you know how I feel and then you call me a hypocrite because of your ignorant assumption in the same post? How F'n stupid is that?

I'm all for common sense regulations and I personally don't mind universal background checks to buy any weapon as long as it doesn't include gun registration.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:05 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Most universities have campus police.

When I was at Penn State we called our campus cops the Keystone Cops!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So what are you wanting? Just background checks?
Yes, I want background checks on ALL gun sales - private and otherwise. NO ONE walks out of a gun show with a gun without having passed a background check.

I also want very stiff penalties for gun owners who let their guns fall into the hands of the wrong people. If you can't secure your guns in such a way that your crazy kid, or even some stranger breaking into your home, can't get them, then you have no business having them and you should be held accountable if those guns are used to commit a crime. And I'm not talking about a slap on the wrist, either.

There also needs to be some red flag system if someone is all of a sudden buying excessive amounts of weapons and/or ammunition, like the Aurora killer did over the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies