Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,968,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You didn't watch Bill O'Reilly tonight did you, but why do I even ask. Gov. Cuomo wants to allow abortions up to the 9th month now in NY.
Why oh why do you persist in misrepresenting everything to support your own agenda?

What do you have against actually being truthful? If you told me the sun was going to come up tomorrow I would have serious doubts about it.

Gov. Cuomo Pushes Late-Term Abortion Legislation in New York
Quote:
We need to fix a troubling gap in New York’s abortion law. A woman can experience serious health complications at any point during pregnancy. This is a tragic situation, often meaning she has to choose between protecting her health or continuing with a very wanted but risky pregnancy. Current New York law compounds that tragedy when it happens late in pregnancy by making it a potential crime to provide an abortion to protect her health.
KUDOS to Gov. Cuomo for putting the health of women before that of a fetus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,906,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Stupid stupid stupid question. Would you like me to explain why? .
If the answer is no - then why don't you explain why it is OK for other human lives like yourself to be aborted?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:24 PM

25,764 posts, read 16,379,252 times
Quote:
55 million babies aborted.

You can listen to wwwewtn.com radion now to listen to a program discussing it.

EWTN Pro-Life Resources

Go to the radio on top and than to listen live.
As a Catholic I pray for everyone of these babies who never got to live but I have to support the woman's right to control her own life. She decided to have sex and create a pregnancy. She decided to end it. It's between her and God and no one else.

Work on your families, help your daughters get an education. Stomp out ignorance and you'll stomp out unwanted pregnancies.

Just MO.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,426,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why oh why do you persist in misrepresenting everything to support your own agenda?

What do you have against actually being truthful? If you told me the sun was going to come up tomorrow I would have serious doubts about it.

Gov. Cuomo Pushes Late-Term Abortion Legislation in New York

KUDOS to Gov. Cuomo for putting the health of women before that of a fetus!
Isn't that what I posted----up to the 9th month? Plus "health of the mother" can mean anything, we have seen that before.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,022,775 times
Quote:
Many have and many were adopted.
And in the 40 years of Roe vs. Wade where's the system that's been built by the "pro-life" community to support all the children who are not adopted? Where's the system built to help kids stuck in foster care or who are abused by their parents?

F.o.r.t.y. y.e.a.r.s. And all the "pro-life" people have done is say we don't want you to abort. The anti-abortion fanatics have not come up with ANY meaningful long-term, hands-on, helping-kids solutions.

Zip. Pro-life is such a misnomer. The people who picket PP are anti-abortion. Not pro-life. Why are there 14-year old's in group foster homes? Why isn't there a waiting list to adopt them?Why hasn't the "pro-life" community stepped up to the plate? FORTY YEARS and kids aren't being helped by them in any meaningful way.

Sorry. Save the lecture and let us know when the picketers and the marchers actually start helping kids who don't have enough to eat, who don't have a loving family, or who are being abused by parents who can't take care of them.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
As a Catholic I pray for everyone of these babies who never got to live but I have to support the woman's right to control her own life. She decided to have sex and create a pregnancy. She decided to end it. It's between her and God and no one else.

Work on your families, help your daughters get an education. Stomp out ignorance and you'll stomp out unwanted pregnancies.

Just MO.
You must be a good Obama Catholic. Just like Biden, Sebilious and Pelosi. You really need to go back to Catholic teaching and get more informed. Now they want to make Catholic institutions supply the morning after pill and sterilizations, can free abortions be far behind?

Old 01-22-2013, 07:30 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,218,534 times
Quote:
Isn't that what I posted----up to the 9th month? Plus "health of the mother" can mean anything, we have seen that before.
That doesn't really make sense. Premature babies are viable way before 9 months and they can do a C section if a normal delivery isn't an option, plus there is a new technology that allows preemies do continue developing.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And in the 40 years of Roe vs. Wade where's the system that's been built by the "pro-life" community to support all the children who are not adopted? Where's the system built to help kids stuck in foster care or who are abused by their parents?

F.o.r.t.y. y.e.a.r.s. And all the "pro-life" people have done is say we don't want you to abort. The anti-abortion fanatics have not come up with ANY meaningful long-term, hands-on, helping-kids solutions.

Zip. Pro-life is such a misnomer. The people who picket PP are anti-abortion. Not pro-life. Why are their 14-year old's in group foster homes? Why isn't there a waiting list to adopt them?Why hasn't the "pro-life" community stepped up to the plate? FORTY YEARS and kids aren't being helped by them in any meaningful way.

Seems you know nothing about it. They are many programs that help. Plus a 14 year old still in foster care may have a mother who has not given up her parental rights. A child can't be adopted if the parent still has her rights.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That doesn't really make sense. Premature babies are viable way before 9 months and they can do a C section if a normal delivery isn't an option, plus there is a new technology that allows preemies do continue developing.

Couldn't agree more with you.

Old 01-22-2013, 07:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,152,955 times
You haven't answered DewDrop. Can you? You're deflecting. Try actually, you know, answering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies