Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You make it sound like a disease. Most women would not say that.
and most women don't want to be forced against their will to go through a condition that can be dealt with by making a personal medical decision that you have no business in knowing.

Last I looked, slavery was abolished in the 19th century. Please join us in the 21st century, where women aren't the property of men, and don't have to do what they don't want to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Abortion is a medical choice.
How so?

Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I would call enduring a pregnancy against my will punishment. Why should a woman be physically punished just because she has sex?

Pregnancy permanently changes a woman's body.....and not in a good way. It can cause incontinence {urinary and fecal} in later life, hemorrhoids, all kinds of nerve damage......pregnancy is not some benign condition that completely goes away after the birth. There is a lot more to it than just gaining weight and stretch marks. These are debiltating conditions that can negatively effect a woman's quality of life until the day she dies.

Pregnancy is not something any woman should be forced to endure against her will just because BC failed.

Easy for you to talk since it can never happen to you.
It is not punishment because it is the natural consequence of a choice that a person makes by their own free will.

If a person knows beforehand that their action may impregnate their mate or impregnate themself(as the case may be) then they are not being "punished" when that actually occurs.

Your "logic" makes as much sense as saying that a person who lives on a diet of nothing but Big Mac's and fries is being punished when they inevitably become overweight.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
True.

Most women that I know whom have become pregnant refer to it as a gift or a blessing.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
and most women don't want to be forced against their will to go through a condition that can be dealt with by making a personal medical decision that you have no business in knowing.

Last I looked, slavery was abolished in the 19th century. Please join us in the 21st century, where women aren't the property of men, and don't have to do what they don't want to do.

Don't kid yourself. Many women are forced to have abortions by the men in their lives.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:07 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times

Abortion law and Supreme Court decisions, The Catholic Doctors - YouTube

Published on May 24, 2012
Dr Will Turek, Dr Michael Parker, and Peggy Wallick (attorney and legal counsel for Heartbeat International) discuss decisions of the US Supreme Court regarding abortion law. Episode from The Catholic Doctors originally aired 4/28/12 on St Gabriel Catholic Radio
http://stgabrielradio.com/foundarch.html

Old 01-23-2013, 12:07 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
And many women would, especially if they do not want a pregnancy.

Let's quit sugar coating it.....what happens to a woman's body because of pregnancy is not pretty, in fact, it's pretty nasty and the damage done just doesn't magically go away.

Why should I destroy my body birthing a child I do not want, or to provide a child for someone else?

Ummm, yea, just a little "inconvenience".....that lasts a lifetime.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Why should I destroy my body birthing a child I do not want, or to provide a child for someone else?
If you don't want a child then don't conceive one.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Don't kid yourself. Many women are forced to have abortions by the men in their lives.
Dont' kid yourself. Women are much stronger than you think them to be.

But, if the woman is weak against a man, there are a far more issues involved in that relationship, than the abortion. Actually, if the man is that much a force to convince her to have an abortion, then its definitely the right decision not to bring that child into the world between that couple. Most likely the bullying with mother will continue to the child.

I'm sure you want a child to be raised in such quality parental care.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:11 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
True.

Most women that I know whom have become pregnant refer to it as a gift or a blessing.
Let me guess......they also wanted a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies