Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
OK, lets see if you are capable of rational discussion. Answer this one singe question with a rational answer. If guns have such a positive effect on society and keeping people safe, then what does the US with the highest rate of gun ownership, also have the most violent crime, the most murders, and the most mass-shootings, of any of the developed countries in the world?

I'm waiting to hear your rational discussion of this.I waiting.
First, we need to know if you are talking about criminals or law abiding citizens?

So, lets talk? I'll be waiting for a rational discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,220,942 times
Quote:
Sorry to break it too you, but that was from the horse's mouth.
NRA Press Conference: Wayne LaPierre Calls For Armed Police Officers At Every School
How, exactly, does "armed police officers at every school" equate to "...more cops then[sic] teachers. They will also have to have tanks, and Apache attack helicopters and all that stuff..."?

I'm a gun owner (and licensed carrier), and was briefly interested in this story... until I read the details. It's a worthless idea. All it will do is p*** off the raving anti-gun crowd because of the purely EVIL concept of putting a *gasp* evil firearm in a school, and in the end it will serve no purpose.

When cops arrive on scene they'll have to fight their way to the locked gun cabinet (hopefully remembering to bring the key with them) before accessing the weapons. They'll be better served hunting down and engaging the shooter with their service weapons. Even if they can't take the shooter down (assuming he's heavily armed and armored), if he's shooting at the cops he's not shooting at the kids.

Putting a larger "no guns allowed here" sign on all the doors would be just as effective. The loon at Sandy Hook obviously just missed seeing the sign or else he would have gone somewhere else.

Finally, FWIW, an AR-15 is an "assault weapon" as defined by the US Congress in 1994. It is not an "assault rifle" as defined by the US Military. Assault rifles, among other requirements, are military rifles capable of select fire (full auto or bursts) and have been essentially illegal since the mid 1980's. While the definition of assault weapons varies from state to state and from year to year, a stock AR-15 pretty much meets all the possible definitions.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM

490 posts, read 649,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochuck View Post
Ultimately it will be a deterent. I'll bet if some wacko is going to shoot up a school he will pick a different one.
You forget that these wacko's don't care because most plan on dying anyway. Take the power out of their hands, or better yet, try to stop them BEFORE they have these disturbing thoughts is the way to stop this mess.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:29 PM

7,138 posts, read 10,999,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
First, we need to know if you are talking about criminals or law abiding citizens?

So, lets talk? I'll be waiting for a rational discussion.
You are avoiding answering the question. Which pretty much proves that you are not capable of having a rational discussion, and addressing the facts. We are talking about the entire population, doh.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
You are avoiding answering the question. Which pretty much proves that you are not capable of having a rational discussion, and addressing the facts. We are talking about the entire population, doh.
Hey gunnuts, I'm still waiting for an answer. None of you have the guts to answer my question? Here let me ask it again.

If guns have such a positive effect on society and keeping people safe, then what does the US with the highest rate of gun ownership, also have the most violent crime, the most murders, and the most mass-shootings, of any of the developed countries in the world?

I'm still waiting for the answer.
I'm waiting.
I'm waiting.
I'm still waiting...

Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,604,458 times
Quote:
Hey gunnuts, I'm still waiting for an answer. None of you have the guts to answer my question? Here let me ask it again.

If guns have such a positive effect on society and keeping people safe, then what does the US with the highest rate of gun ownership, also have the most violent crime, the most murders, and the most mass-shootings, of any of the developed countries in the world?

I'm still waiting for the answer.
I'm waiting.
I'm waiting.
I'm still waiting...
The answer is because your question is childish and immature. Everyone of consequence is ignoring you.

Here educate yourself and get back to us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
The answer is because your question is childish and immature. Everyone of consequence is ignoring you.

Here educate yourself and get back to us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
Great, another post, avoiding answering the question.

You gunnuts, will do anything to avoid answering a simple logical question, wont you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies