U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
 
Location: The Brat Stop
8,353 posts, read 5,985,125 times
Reputation: 2279

Advertisements

Wouldn't that be great if nobody in Washington got paid unless they do the jobs they were elected to do?

House approves short-term debt ceiling fix, measure goes to Senate

Read more: House approves short-term debt ceiling fix, measure goes to Senate | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2013, 04:27 PM
 
34,230 posts, read 18,546,809 times
Reputation: 7555
Sorry, but the repubs have passed several plans that your old buddy dirty harry has refused to even take a vote on......

Oh and BTW, how did obamas "plan do"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 04:29 PM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,241 posts, read 15,302,904 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Wouldn't that be great if nobody in Washington got paid unless they do the jobs they were elected to do?

House approves short-term debt ceiling fix, measure goes to Senate

Read more: House approves short-term debt ceiling fix, measure goes to Senate | Fox News
I don't think they are too worried about getting paid, particularly since the Govt is Constitutionally obligated to pay them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 04:30 PM
 
6,502 posts, read 5,068,233 times
Reputation: 3588
I for one, wish they did not cave in to the Dems. But this is exactly what your side wanted pall. Congrats. I have no faith in our politicians at this point. It is absolutely insane that we keep doing this. We cant do this in our own homes and financial situations. It would be foolish and idiotic to do so, yet they do it with our national economy. Utter insanity.

And you dumb liberals must be so damn proud of not passing a budge in how many years now??!!?!?! And you have the gull to blame only the GOP for the mess we went into!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,241 posts, read 15,302,904 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I for one, wish they did not cave in to the Dems. But this is exactly what your side wanted pall. Congrats. I have no faith in our politicians at this point. It is absolutely insane that we keep doing this. We cant do this in our own homes and financial situations. It would be foolish and idiotic to do so, yet they do it with our national economy. Utter insanity.

And you dumb liberals must be so damn proud of not passing a budge in how many years now??!!?!?! And you have the gull to blame only the GOP for the mess we went into!
It's been 15 years since a full Budget was, so blame who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast Texas
28,442 posts, read 15,421,970 times
Reputation: 11373
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's been 15 years since a full Budget was, so blame who?
Really??

1- You know the Senate has done nothing since 2009.
2- You are going to need a link to back up your 15 year comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,241 posts, read 15,302,904 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Really??

1- You know the Senate has done nothing since 2009.
2- You are going to need a link to back up your 15 year comment.
The last full Budget was signed in 1997...

Does Congress Even Need to Pass a Budget?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
 
3,349 posts, read 2,654,051 times
Reputation: 1700
What do they care? Their pay is probably 2% of what they actually steal..... most comes from insider trading..... just ask Nasty Nancy and all the other clowns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,241 posts, read 15,302,904 times
Reputation: 4583
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
What do they care? Their pay is probably 2% of what they actually steal..... most comes from insider trading..... just ask Nasty Nancy and all the other clowns
Other than this you have a high opinion of Congress, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
 
3,349 posts, read 2,654,051 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Other than this you have a high opinion of Congress, huh?
I have a low opinion of Congress, yes..... don't you these days?

What, you were thinking I was a partisan or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top