Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:16 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times

Advertisements

Annie53:

agreed

any one who uses the word Catholic, should have this removed if they perform abortions.

even if the govt. mandates it, they can still close down or refuse.

typical spineless, hypocricy by the distorters of the Bible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
sigh...

I don't have time to get into it now because I'm going to the store and getting off the computer but here's a few points.

#1. This hospital has nothing to do with the Roman Catholic Faith. It's part of the schismatic, apostate Vatican II sect that was prophesied about in Revelation and the hidden Third Secret of Fatima for the last days. There are probably less than 100,000,000 Roman Catholics left on the entire planet. The Remnant spoken of by St. Paul.

#2. The lawyers and hospital are probably arguing based on what the law actually says. Not what they wish it said. And in this country and in that state unborn human beings are not recognized as having person hood or "rights". That's good lawyering not hypocrisy.
Any credibility you might have went out the window with this comment.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFTIMAGE View Post
Any organization that's been around as long as the catholic church, and has made as few reforms as the catholic church has over the centuries, can only be viewed as barbaric and dysfunctional in my eyes.

If there is one organization in the world I wish was picked clean of all of its resources, it's the abomination that is the catholic church. I weep for every dollar they collect from charitable donations.

You don't reform the words of God.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Fine. We will all stop believeing in the god of atheism. Now that we've worked that out, your turn.
That would be secularism. I would agree with that.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM

9,875 posts, read 14,112,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm an ardent pro-choicer but to me a fetus at 8 months' gestation is not just a fetus, it's a viable human being who should be given every opportunity to survive except in the most extenuating of circumstances...and I don't think that applies here.
So a fetus at 8 months is a viable human being. I agree. What about a fetus at 8 months minus one day? Or minus one week? Or minus one month? Or minus two months? Where do you draw the line? Laws must be specific, so when would you define a legal "viable human being" who deserves legal rights?

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You don't reform the words of God.
Then they should live by the words of "God" instead of hiding behind the laws of man to protect their money.....the root of all evil, BTW. LOL

Admit fault and pay up.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So the court of law which struck down catholic arguments that people are fetuses is now hearing a case where someone is trying to extract money from the catholic hospital arguing the opposite and you don't get it?

Basically, regardless of their views on fetuses....if the court isn't going to recognize their argument that they are people why should they then let the court change their viewpoint to make them pay?

What would actually be hypocrisy would be if the church had WON it's position that fetuses are people and are now arguing the opposite. That's not what is happening here, quite the opposite in fact.
Perhaps it is a way to make the court say fetuses ARE human and are entitled to protection like any other person. Would be quite a feather in the hat for the church to have a court say the fetus is human. Than other courts would have to follow and abortion would be on the line to be abolished.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:54 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
why does the Catholic church campaign for the banning of contraception and abortion at the same time?

this is a glaring contradiction - explain please..........

Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
why does the Catholic church campaign for the banning of contraception and abortion at the same time?

this is a glaring contradiction - explain please..........
The church needs to keep a hold on its devotees.

Guilt is its stock in trade.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Abortion stops a learning brain.
Apparently other things do as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies