Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post

Please, stop making excuses, make progress! If our wonderful Women of Color can make it, so can our Men of Color!

Getto/Hip Hop/Rap culture is vile and very anti-woman. How does that culture lift up our Black Nation?

I think it's kind of a Stockholm syndrome.
That is true but if you raise your children up correctly in the first place no outside media or force will change that. Besides, there is a difference between Hip hop and Rap and even among those two therer are positive and negative in both. So don't generalize
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
I know that my AA family members are not in jail, they aren't being discriminated against, they speak and communicate in standard English, they carry themselves with dignity, and they pay it forward. They aren't looking for any reasons as to why they "can't succeed." Instead, they simply ARE succeeding, in both their personal and professional lives. And when I say "they" I mean the YOUNG ones - the ones in their twenties and early thirties. I am very, very proud to be related to them.[/quote]

As you know I will not question what you said but I will offer you a prayer for your bi-racial children. I don't want to sound like a nay sayer or anything but you can never say that they will never or will not be discriminated against. The first time that I face discrimination was when I was 25 and in the military and I'm pretty sure that I'm darker than any of your children. I have a bi-racial brother and sister-inlaw and they both experienced it abeit a little earlier than I did only because they live in a predominately white neighborhood. I just pray that they do not have the same experiences that I had and that they won't become bitter about it and move on.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:19 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
As you know I will not question what you said but I will offer you a prayer for your bi-racial children. I don't want to sound like a nay sayer or anything but you can never say that they will never or will not be discriminated against. The first time that I face discrimination was when I was 25 and in the military and I'm pretty sure that I'm darker than any of your children. I have a bi-racial brother and sister-inlaw and they both experienced it abeit a little earlier than I did only because they live in a predominately white neighborhood. I just pray that they do not have the same experiences that I had and that they won't become bitter about it and move on.
Thanks, and so far so good. My kids are 30,28, 26, and 24 and if they are experiencing any discrimination, I see no signs of it. Besides that, I think they would tell me - we have a very open communication style, especially about racial matters which are always interesting to all of us, considering the diversity of our family.

A point I'd like to make is this - regardless of race, it's just about impossible for most people to get thru life without being born with, or acquiring, a reason for SOMEONE to discriminate against them SOMEHOW. I mean, I'm a woman, and I'm over fifty, and I have four biracial kids - I have been and could be again a "victim of discrimination." But I just don't tolerate it, or let it have much impact in my life, and I've raised my kids to have the same attitude, which they do and which has served them well so far.

I expect them all to continue to prosper and to be as positive in attitude as they have been so far.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
[MOD CUT] Someone with a brain asks WHY do they do these things. Here's a hint....you heard the kid talk poorly, and then heard his parents and they talked poorly...and guess what? You keep going and the grandparents talk poorly,and the greatgrandparents talked poorly. Strange huh?

And then you follow the money trail...why is this child poor? Then you look at his parents and ask why are they poor? Oh wait..look at his grandparents and they are poor...hmm..and so are his greatgrandparents and their parents as well are poor. That's weird too huh?

When you ask the right questions, and seek truth, only then will you understand and find the real answer. And it isn't "well he is poor because he wants to be and it's his own fault." But most people don't have the capacity or inclination to seek truth..it's just easier to blame people, ridicule, and make dumb/uninformed statements.

Nothing Bill Cosby is saying is inherently wrong, but he is only 1/4 right...now what is that 3/4 that is missing in all this? Hmm...

The 3/4 is what he's doing to you that doesn't matter because you aren't doing 1/4 that does matter.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
So you think Conservatives have no part in the the destruction of American Blacks? I guess the Southern Strategy was created by Liberals as well

Well, you asked the question.

What have specifically have conservatives done to help destroy American Blacks?

Old 01-28-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Let me inform everyone. Black people are first and foremost not a uniform, blanket of people were just as diverse as any other race of people. Secondly many do not seem to understand that black people did not come here for the same reasons, or the same ways as whites, in that process we were systematically broken from the spiritual essence to the physical of our being, in essence we went through one of the worst parts of our holocaust. Yes our HOLOCAUST.

Now to what Mr. Cosby said, first of all he's from a totally different generation, he will not understand black youths today and what we go through mostly being that there is no spotlight on it, maybe a historical spotlight will show it but not a present one. We still have discrimination throughout society and its even worse since it is now covert, from the media to the workforce. How COINTELPRO and Operation BlackDesk f'ed up the community, and to think that those same covert operations has no hand in the era of today is absolutely ridiculous. So us black people no matter what we do right are always have the fingers pointed at us, white people can have different dialects, lingo, and ways to talk but if black people do it, we need to "do better" or some other redundant rhetoric and since the spotlight is always on us we can never truly solve our own issues within our community.

We're not even given credit for the the activities we do, such as the whole free-reduced lunch and other government programs that give so-called handouts started with community organizations such as The Black Panther Party for Self-Defense who started the free lunches. Give credit where credit is due and btw we're not going to get over what happened 50 years ago and how long ago it was and how long its been continuing especially the ones of us who are aware and awake.

I ask some of you to look at the laws, operations, and statues that are against the majority of Black Americans if you need any links or help I will be glad to show you

72% of black kids don't have a father.

Which racist laws, operations and statutes cause this?

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Health - Women's health | NBC News

Old 01-29-2013, 06:36 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,248 times
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
72% of black kids don't have a father.

Which racist laws, operations and statutes cause this?

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Health - Women's health | NBC News

This was caused by liberal politicians, who quite by accident, inadvertantly harmed black America in their quest to better conditions for them. They made men redundant. You did not need a Dad earning a paycheck when the state will simply give you money based on the number of kids you have. You don't need a Dad who works in order to pay the rent since section 8 housing is 'free.' Etc, etc.etc.

This has become a very unfortunate multi-generational trend, familes never get off welfare/public assistance, daughters get pregnant by age 15, have kids, and the cycle continues.

We really need a cut off switch.

Liberals need to come clean and accept blame for HARMING Black Americans!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 AM

267 posts, read 202,692 times
The lack of father in the black community happened because of the War on Drugs, something I'd like to call the War on Black Men. Of course many of the white posters will say, "i'm crying" or "these men should man up" whatever, it doesn't matter because they are not the ones with this beautiful black skin so they of course wouldn't even be able to relate.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:22 AM

770 posts, read 1,131,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
The lack of father in the black community happened because of the War on Drugs, something I'd like to call the War on Black Men. Of course many of the white posters will say, "i'm crying" or "these men should man up" whatever, it doesn't matter because they are not the ones with this beautiful black skin so they of course wouldn't even be able to relate.
Excuses, excuses. Please MAN UP.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:57 PM

267 posts, read 202,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster Ave Guy View Post
Excuses, excuses. Please MAN UP.
so predictable it isn't even funny, but to entertain your asinine post, can you refute what I said?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies