Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 01:48 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Not that I would ever do this ~ but my husband would be horribly devastated if I ever got pregnant, didn't tell him and then aborted it behind his back. I can just picture it right now ~ him falling to his knees in tears ~ probably vomiting and screaming no how could you. I don't think he could ever look at me again, I'm sure he would divorce me for lying and going behind his back like that. I can't even imagine someone doing this being a spouse or a long term boyfriend's back.
What a wonderful husband you have....

Old 10-23-2007, 01:53 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Far as I'm concerned, never.

A woman assumes the risk of getting pregnant when she has sex. That's a given. A man assumes the risk of the woman getting pregnant and aborting his child or keeping it and hitting him up for child support for 18 years.

Those are the rules, guys. Get used to it.
Plain and simply spoken.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Not that I would ever do this ~ but my husband would be horribly devastated if I ever got pregnant, didn't tell him and then aborted it behind his back. I can just picture it right now ~ him falling to his knees in tears ~ probably vomiting and screaming no how could you. I don't think he could ever look at me again, I'm sure he would divorce me for lying and going behind his back like that. I can't even imagine someone doing this behind a spouse or a long term boyfriend's back.
You obviously are in a loving, caring, supportive, secure, financially and emotionally stable relationship. Other situations are different.

Greenie

Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Abortion should only be legal upon consent of the father. I don't understand why it is only the woman's right. It is also the father's child, fetus, blob of cells or whatever you want to refer what is in the woman's womb. I say keep abortion legal, as long as the father consents to it also. But if a woman aborted without my consent and I found out, I would be none too happy.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
As a father who has lost a child, i feel life is special, we talk about the womans right but the unborn child has a right and that right is to live. we take life to lightly, that aborted child should have the right to be born to be raised by a loving family, to grow up and experiance life, you can blame the man all you want but it's your body and you should insure that you will not get pregnant if you don't want children you can insist that man wears a condom so theres no excuse, I've seen films of abortions and watched the little baby struggle for life, it's murder plain and simple. I would hate to think later in life I was to have to deal with such a terrible thing because I didn't want to be bothered by having a baby because of my mistake.
I find it very sad that people put such a low value on life.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:13 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
You obviously are in a loving, caring, supportive, secure, financially and emotionally stable relationship. Other situations are different.

Greenie
Thanks!! You got my husband's head in the clouds right now after reading that. I'm waiting for him to come back down to earth!

You hit the nail right on the head with your comment. Personally, as a woman, I would never sleep with a man that wasn't giving me a loving, caring, supportive, secure, hard-working and emotionally stable relationship

Robin ~ Thanks for the nice comment!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:58 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
If I were to get pregnant, the decision whether or not to have it would be mine and my husband's. Just ours. It's nobody else's ****ing business, and they can butt the hell out.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Abortion should only be legal upon consent of the father. I don't understand why it is only the woman's right. It is also the father's child, fetus, blob of cells or whatever you want to refer what is in the woman's womb. I say keep abortion legal, as long as the father consents to it also. But if a woman aborted without my consent and I found out, I would be none too happy.
How would a man provide evidence that he is the father? How do you find out whether the man who says he is the father, is the father? I could bring my brother in to sign the paperwork, or my neighbor, or my mechanic.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Greenie is correct.............. it's the woman who risks her health, her life in some cases, and her future by carrying that child. And it's impossible to prove who the father is until birth.

Again, the best way to avoid unwanted pregnancy and the decision to abort, keep or place for adoption is by keeping it in your pants, Gentlemen. When you meet a woman that you want to procreate with, it's different. But those weekend one night stands and the wham bam thank you maam mentality breeds these problems.

Yes, women can be just as guilty of making poor decisions but the choice to end or follow through on the new life belongs to them- they are in control of their destiny. If men don't like it, they need to not have sex unless they can either deal with that, taken precautions on their end to avoid pregnancy, or have established a relationship with the woman and are confident everyone is on the same page.

Why is this so difficult for some people to understand and accept?

Old 10-24-2007, 07:14 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,933 times
[/color]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Greenie is correct.............. it's the woman who risks her health, her life in some cases, and her future by carrying that child. And it's impossible to prove who the father is until birth.

Again, the best way to avoid unwanted pregnancy and the decision to abort, keep or place for adoption is by keeping it in your pants, Gentlemen. When you meet a woman that you want to procreate with, it's different. But those weekend one night stands and the wham bam thank you maam mentality breeds these problems.

Yes, women can be just as guilty of making poor decisions but the choice to end or follow through on the new life belongs to them- they are in control of their destiny. If men don't like it, they need to not have sex unless they can either deal with that, taken precautions on their end to avoid pregnancy, or have established a relationship with the woman and are confident everyone is on the same page.

Why is this so difficult for some people to understand and accept?
Well said! I wonder if anyone's opinions would change if suddenly MEN were the ones who woke up and found out they were pregnant...and in 8 - 9 months were going to now be two people and have to adjust their entire life to accomodate a second person? It's easy to have an opinion when you will never be the one actually forced to live with the consequences...including giving up a child--horribly painful.

BTW, I personally wouldn't choose abortion...but the point is that I get to CHOOSE not to...and I would never feel that it is any of my business what anyone else decides to choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies