Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 06:14 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
conservative- doesn't understand economics/evolution/climate change/the word "equality"

Pro-life- doesn't understand that prochoice doesn't mean anything abortion, but only that a woman should decide concerning her body

PC- think and try to trace your unconscious psyche to maybe understand why your words show hidden meanings relating to racist/sexist/intolerantly latent thoughts

"hidden meanings" = biases conservatives are accused of holding so liberals don't have to defend their anti-white, anti-Christian, anti-male, anti-individual, anti-family and anti-American ideology.

"prochoice" = pro-abortion, anti-accountability, pro-Nazi-type of solution to the problem of unwanted children

"pro-life" = for-life, anti-abortion, pro-human rights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
joy riding - grand theft auto
troubled youth - gang rapists and murderers on a rampage
bullying - the muggings and sexual assaults done by K12 so called students
flash mob - store robbers labeled "troubled youth"
katrina hurricane victims - 5 generation gang bangers with huge arrest records & generational unemployment
proactive minority advocacy - blatant hiring discimination against whites
racist police brutality - issuing a speeding ticket to an AA.
gooning - KKK activity done by AA against a white

Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
It's not automatically black and white because someone disagrees with you.

A responsible driver knows they don't have "total control" when they step in their vehicle and drive away. An idiot, perhaps may believe this, and that one should not be driving.

Your way of thinking would of course scare those bubble wrapped kids into fear of cars and thus, the Newspeak of car-dependent.

"OMG, the car turned me into a violent, maniacal road warrior!" It's the car, man.

In truth, getting one's first car has always been a rite of passage to independence. It's one of the coolest things ever and it's really shameful to try to discourage that but then just another way of disempowering people.
Who's disempowering someone by making someone aware? That sounds more like empowering them to me. Did I say not to drive a car? Nope, sure didn't. I never could quite wrap my mind around how being knowledgable of something was a bad thing. Guess I never will.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 PM

3,834 posts, read 5,759,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The only thing that is a train wreck is your post.
But hey you are free to live in your completely dependent world where you are car dependent, food dependent, water dependent, air dependent, money dependent, clothing dependent, and probably government dependent. Must STBY.
Wow...just wow

Old 01-26-2013, 06:21 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Affirmative action = Discrimination in education and employment against white males.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:23 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
"You have to vote for it to know what is in it"

"The time for debate is over" But no one has read the entire bill "The time for debate is over"

Old 01-26-2013, 06:27 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"hidden meanings" = biases conservatives are accused of holding so liberals don't have to defend their anti-white, anti-Christian, anti-male, anti-individual, anti-family and anti-American ideology.

"prochoice" = pro-abortion, anti-accountability, pro-Nazi-type of solution to the problem of unwanted children

"pro-life" = for-life, anti-abortion, pro-human rights
If anyone needs defending, and history definitely shows us this....it is the White Christian American family man who just wants to be an individual. Also, prochoice means just what it means....prochoice. And for the pro-lifers I implore you to put down the picket signs and go adopt! Please, there are so many children who are in need of a loving home.....what's stopping you? Some times a person must keep one's lips shut, and just move one's legs, instead. The time is now.....get those legs to stepping on down to your nearest adoption agency, and make it happen!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:49 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
young adults - children
children - babies
babies - miracles

Old 01-28-2013, 12:01 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
If anyone needs defending, and history definitely shows us this....it is the White Christian American family man who just wants to be an individual. Also, prochoice means just what it means....prochoice. And for the pro-lifers I implore you to put down the picket signs and go adopt! Please, there are so many children who are in need of a loving home.....what's stopping you? Some times a person must keep one's lips shut, and just move one's legs, instead. The time is now.....get those legs to stepping on down to your nearest adoption agency, and make it happen!

This is a false argument.

Couples routinely wait two years or longer to adopt a newborn baby because there are more prospective parents than children.

It is the older kids and especially those of color who are stuck in foster care indefinitely.

When my sister was pregnant with my nephew, he was unplanned and she didn't believe she could care for him adequately.

The biological father was out of the picture and disinterested, so she decided to put him up for adoption.

Couples, nice professional couples, applied to adopt her baby.

My sister asked questions of the competing couples before she granted permission to a local couple to adopt him.

He turns eighteen in just a couple months.

He plays hockey, gets good grades and has a girl friend.

His adoptive parents are Christians who live and attend church just a couple miles away.

They are the sort of people you falsely accused of being the problem.

They reason women destroy their babies is not because they don't have the means to care for the child once born.

It's because they don't want to be pregnant.

They don't want to get fat and otherwise see their bikini body decimated.

They don't want to suffer the embarrassment of being knocked-up.

In short, they don't want to be held accountable for their irresponsible actions.

What else would you expect from Americans?

Old 01-28-2013, 12:07 AM

910 posts, read 1,318,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
In George Orwell's book 1984 the world adopted a new language called "new speak" in which words and phrases had altered meanings in order to affect public opinion.
Newspeak wasn't created to alter opinion, it was done to limit language and thought to a handful of selected concepts and emotions to ensure people in Oceania wouldn't get it in their mind there was any option for society beyond Ingsoc. I highly doubt you've ever read 1984, or anything more demanding than Highlights for Children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies