Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times

Advertisements

are you being paid janelle for every video you spam?

What are you doing to adopt one of the 400,000 children in the foster care system right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 02:58 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
BTW OP, calling abortion a "holocaust" is extremely offensive to those affected by the WW2 holocaust and other genocides. But I'm not surprised, seems pro-lifers are very insular one-issue fanatics.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Default Jane Roe's prolife commercial .

Jane Roe's prolife commercial - YouTube#!

Uploaded on Jun 18, 2008
"Jane Roe" or Roe v Wade is now a prolife Christian. She's recently done a commercial about it.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:27 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
[
Uploaded on Jun 18, 2008
"Jane Roe" or Roe v Wade is now a prolife Christian. She's recently done a commercial about it.

are you being paid janelle for every video you spam?

What are you doing to adopt one of the 400,000 children in the foster care system right now?

Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

don't care what dictionary says. I care what the law says. The law defines a baby as being born. A fetus is not a baby.
You said to look up the definition. I did so. Then when I pointed out that the dictionary definition for baby includes "a human fetus," you do a 180 and say you don't care what the dictionary says.

And no, the law does not always define a baby as already being born, hence murder charges for the death of a baby still in utero.

But this is semantics more than substance.

Last edited by kayanne; 01-25-2013 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-25-2013, 04:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
This always fascinates me. According to the anti-privacy folks, we have a group of people murdering babies to the tune of several million babies per year! Serial killers walking around, free to kill babies!

What is the response of the folks who believe that serial killers have been enabled to murder millions of Americans? Try to change the law, which they acknowledge will take years. Wait. While millions are "murdered." Now, in any other circumstance, if a group of individuals was out murdering thousands, millions of Americans, these folks would have no problem stating that any citizen is within his rights to stop these killers by any means necessary to stop these murderers. Can you imagine if, in that instance, they responded that stopping a serial killer who has been given license to murder would be wrong because to kill a serial killer wouldn't be "pro-life?" You would probably conclude the person to be insane. Now, why do anti-privacy folks take this insane position? Because they don't really believe anyone is being "murdered." If they did, they would do anything to save the lives of millions of Americans right now. Not wait years, as millions more are "murdered." They don't really believe fetuses are individuals like you or I.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:23 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
This always fascinates me. According to the anti-privacy folks, we have a group of people murdering babies to the tune of several million babies per year! Serial killers walking around, free to kill babies!

What is the response of the folks who believe that serial killers have been enabled to murder millions of Americans? Try to change the law, which they acknowledge will take years. Wait. While millions are "murdered." Now, in any other circumstance, if a group of individuals was out murdering thousands, millions of Americans, these folks would have no problem stating that any citizen is within his rights to stop these killers by any means necessary to stop these murderers. Can you imagine if, in that instance, they responded that stopping a serial killer who has been given license to murder would be wrong because to kill a serial killer wouldn't be "pro-life?" You would probably conclude the person to be insane. Now, why do anti-privacy folks take this insane position? Because they don't really believe anyone is being "murdered." If they did, they would do anything to save the lives of millions of Americans right now. Not wait years, as millions more are "murdered." They don't really believe fetuses are individuals like you or I.
Well, some certainly do believe that abortionists are serial killers. That's why abortion clinics have been bombed.

Other pro-lifers who aren't bombing abortion clinics or murdering abortionists struggle with these points you raise. I do believe they view abortion to be murder as much as any other murder (I certainly did when I used to be strongly pro-life). But most pro-life organizations thankfully do try to work within the law and do not advocate "any means necessary to stop these murderers." Let's not incite them to do otherwise.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:33 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
I've held giving an opinion on this issue, of course now I will. First off, I am what most consider to be a "staunch conservative." At the sametime, abortion is an issue as others have said, crosses all political, socio economic, et al boundries. NO race, religion, creed, sex, etc have not gotten an abortion in one way, shape or form.

On a personal note, I am VERY PRO ABORTION. Notice I did not say "pro choice." Pro choice is a cop out. Its playing PC with the words, instead of just saying what it is you are all for. I am all for terminating a pregancy, for whatever reason: Financial, religious, medical, scared, embarressed, ashamed, stupid, dumb, whatever.

Now, I don't particularly enjoy the thought of someone using abortion as a form of birth control. And, like it or not, admit it or not, it IS DONE. I've seen it with my own eyes. However, again, I'd rather the abortion be carried out, then a child brought into this no one wants. And the adoption folks can just save that arguement. It doesn't hold water. Sure, SOME will be adopted. However, alot will not and that will cost taxpayers MILLIONS of dollars; if not more.

Finally, for the 55 million number. Ok. In my opinion, that number is WAY too low. If more abortions would have been carried out, maybe we wouldn't be in the financial situation were in now. I have no problem with my tax dollar being used to fund abortion and expanding the services therein. Including free birth control, sex education, et al.

This is NOT a liberal vs conservative issue. Its a fiscal responsibility issue and politics really shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Well, some certainly do believe that abortionists are serial killers. That's why abortion clinics have been bombed.

Other pro-lifers who aren't bombing abortion clinics or murdering abortionists struggle with these points you raise. I do believe they view abortion to be murder as much as any other murder (I certainly did when I used to be strongly pro-life). But most pro-life organizations thankfully do try to work within the law and do not advocate "any means necessary to stop these murderers." Let's not incite them to do otherwise.
I'm not inciting them. They do not actually believe these people to be serial killers nor their victims to be "babies." They will never have any inclination to actually do anything to stop these "murders," beyond posting on internet forums, calling AM talk shows and voting for candidates who label themselves "pro-life."

Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
if a women decides she is not ready for a kid, than let her abort the baby fetus.

I don't know why its so hard.. just STAY. OUT. OF. OTHER. PEOPLES. BUSINESS.
But that's just the tip of the iceberg. The neo conservatives {GOP} for the past 4 years instead of introducing job creation legislation, have been trying to strip a woman of her rights under the law of the land, and have also been trying to defund planned parenthood {the organization providing essential services for women} like birth control and family planning, and women's health issues, all the while saying the organization is providing abortions and is government funded, except, government doesn't pay for abortions, one more of their lies. It's called fear mongering, we liberals call it the war on women.

Neo conservatives still believe the best contraception for a woman is for women to keep their legs together, by holding aspirins between their knees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies