Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Here's what I picture ~ fat, white, unemployed or retired men are adding to their collection.

I could be wrong ~ but that's just the picture that comes to mind.

how about employed people that pay taxes?

that usually sounds better, as they are the ones that afford to shoot and practice more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM

490 posts, read 650,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
I have a CHL and keep one handgun, mostly for protection at home. But, I do occasionally go to a hunting shop to see what is on sale.

It's been a few months, and I went into a large, popular chain hunting store - And I was knocked off my feet.

The handgun shelves were nearly empty, and the shotgun and rifle specials (kept on the floor at low prices) were almost all gone.

This place never really carried many of the large clip Semi-auto rifles, but I did not see any on the shelves behind the hand gun displays (where the better rifes and shotguns are kept).

I've been reading that people were stocking up...But seeing it is something else.
The gun makers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
And when I see posts like this I picture 27 year olds living in their parents basement.

I could be wrong ~ but that's just the picture that comes to mind.
Ha! Don't I wish for carefree days long gone by.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Those fat white unemployed retirees will still be eating while you're begging for soup.
When? Tell me when the Zombie horde is expected so I can get the hell out of Dodge.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
buy private as well for ammo too if you can. you might spend a bit more, but private without all the paperwork is alot better than the feds knowing what you have.
This.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
When? Tell me when the Zombie horde is expected so I can get the hell out of Dodge.
Same old tired rhetoric. Look, pard, the numbers of folks arming up, who are scared of a zombie attack, or even for the likelyhood of conflict with the government, is so small as to not be worthy of mention. The possibility that access to decent arms being seriously restricted, however, is quite real. That the federal government is the preservation culprit in this does not mean folks are gearing up for a fight. Just that they want to get certain types of firearms before some idiotic federal decree brings the hammer down. The AR 15 is the rifle of the choice for the vast majority of the shooting community. Just as the M1 Garand and the M1A used to be. It is the rifle issued by the military, just as the former mentioned M1s used to be. The AR is ubiquitous among the shooting community. As it should be. The militia should be armed with weapons is ompatible with our regular and reserve military.
Not because we might have to fight them, but may have to fight alongside them. There is a good reason that no foreign power wants to invade us. Zombies be damned.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Actually it's because of idiots like LaPierre and the right wing propaganda machine telling their ignorant sheep that "Obummer dun dar gonna takkeeeeeeeee yurrrrrrrrrrr gunzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!" so the fools are running to stores to spend their money. Just like all the "buy gold" and "food insurance" BS.
Those on the far right are lead around like sheep by their propaganda masters.
Are people really this dumb?

Watch the news and listen to their own words. Barrack Obama, Diane Finestien, Chuck Schumer, Joe Biden. That is exactly what they are saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies