Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 AM

365 posts, read 644,598 times

Advertisements

I'm buying my first gun ever this year. So I guess I'm caught up in the hype also.

- I have no real experience with guns except going to a shooting range twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Firearms were useful for folks in keeping the peace when natural disasters removed civic order and police presence.

the LA riots is the only example I need.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Even the stock at Walmart here is bare bones.

Red's indoor shooting range, has had a boom in clientele, familiarizing themselves with their new guns, of all kinds. No longer can you just walk in and buy a box of shells and start popping rounds off. It is by appointment only.
I went to Reds over the holidays on a weekday with my wife for some practice. Huge wait. All AR-style guns gone. Seems like most popular semi-auto pistols are still available, but ammo is hard to come by.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:53 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Actually it's because of idiots like LaPierre and the right wing propaganda machine telling their ignorant sheep that "Obummer dun dar gonna takkeeeeeeeee yurrrrrrrrrrr gunzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!" so the fools are running to stores to spend their money. Just like all the "buy gold" and "food insurance" BS.
Those on the far right are lead around like sheep by their propaganda masters.

all that buy gold and stocking food is BS? guess what, I take it from your post that you dont carry any type of insurance as well. people have insurance for all sorts of reasons. putting gold and food back is just another form of insurance.

what will you do in an emergency if everything goes out in your neighborhood for 2 weeks? beg food from your neighbors because you were too foolish to have a few weeks of food and water put back?

heck, even fema recommends having a couple of weeks of food and water put back.

who is the fool now?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:01 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It would be interesting to have a breakdown on who the buyers are: those who already have guns and are buying more, versus those with no guns buying for the first time.
I had been planning on an AK for some time because most of my other guns are hunting weapons and expensive to shoot. It's on the 10 day wait now.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:07 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,894,204 times
I never wanted an AR just to have one, I have plenty of other toys to choose
from and wasn't that into the black rifle thing. (Nylon 66 anyone?)

Well that's changed, since barry doesn't want me to have one I am planning
to pick one up once the craziness dies down a little. f him and his!

So in my case barry and his minions ARE responsible for my purchase.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
I never wanted an AR just to have one, I have plenty of other toys to choose
from and wasn't that into the black rifle thing. (Nylon 66 anyone?)

Well that's changed, since barry doesn't want me to have one I am planning
to pick one up once the craziness dies down a little. f him and his!

So in my case barry and his minions ARE responsible for my purchase.

well, cannot tell where you are from. check into state and local laws to see if you can buy private without all the gun control laws unconstitutionally put into place.

buy private as well for ammo too if you can. you might spend a bit more, but private without all the paperwork is alot better than the feds knowing what you have.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
This is why it is good to plan ahead. It's like going to the grocery store before a winter storm hits and expecting to find toliet paper and water there. Sheesh.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It would be interesting to have a breakdown on who the buyers are: those who already have guns and are buying more, versus those with no guns buying for the first time.
Here's what I picture ~ fat, white, unemployed or retired men are adding to their collection.

I could be wrong ~ but that's just the picture that comes to mind.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
So you have a president that says he has no interest in taking guns. He outlines some simple and common steps to do for greater gun safety and the right goes ape$hit crazy.

I think they have used Obama as an excuse to squeeze more money out of the gun nuts. Make a fear of scarcity and you can jump the prices.... the only statements of scarcity come from the right. I think it is much a do about nothing, more paranoid delusions.

Stores aren't able to keep ammunition in stock and indeed guns are selling at a rapid rate. We can still walk into a range to shoot but I don't doubt some are seeing long waits. I was looking at Impact guns on line and everything is on backorder. FL recently surpassed the 1 million CC permits. kind of scary these nutbags are armed but oh well.
Might make a huge business in bullet proof cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies