U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 AM

4,835 posts, read 4,808,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The basic oath of all military is to defend the constitution from enemies both domestic and foreign. So to ask a military person whether or not they would fire on an american is merely reenforcing the oath. But as historydude says, I think most in the military would give some pause.
The Constitution also affords us due process......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 08:43 AM

1,597 posts, read 976,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
The Constitution also affords us due process......
Yes, but a bullet in your head could be your "due" under Obama Laws.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 AM

35,080 posts, read 19,184,144 times
Smile HEY! Look, everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why would this be? It seems that he has prepared a litmus test for top military commanders and they will be forced out of service if they answer the questions just a little bit wrong.

Is he preparing to use force on us for something? Surely he is probably using the same test for Congress men and women right now in order to get them to vote for Feinsein's gun grab. I think I just said that I think he may be telling those people much the same kind of thing some of them admitted they were told back in the days of what little debate concerning bailouts.

I think I can show you that back in 2009 there were advertisements among National Guard people about some new jobs that were to be guarding civilians for unstated reasons. Ah yes, I think I have gone too far enough times to find my name on his list and in a place where those NG people may be guarding me till the day that my lack of medications kills me just as it would others who haven't stood up for him.

I am going to offer up a link to an interview with a man named Jim Garrow who has won a real Nobel Prize for saving little girls in China from sure death brought on by the one child law there. The man has many acquaintances who may know more than we do. Anyway, watch the video to see what he thinks is coming. I don't think many of us have known what he tells up to now, but we better wake up before it is too late.

Obama to Top Brass: Will you fire on American Citizens?

Here are some more links that everyone should read, just to learn something.

http://www.examiner.com/article/shoc...wants-military leaders-who-will-fire-on-u-s-citizens

Theintellhub.com

Is martial law imminent? - Norfolk Crime | Examiner.com

Ol' roy found another one of those "hate Obama" articles on a right wing crackpot website.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 AM

20,894 posts, read 13,617,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9 View Post
Point made. But as a rank in file soldier (the one stipulation I made) you can consider all of these variables but you still have to follow the general order given you.
Not if the order is unlawful. Any soldier all the way down to the rank of Private E-1 has the obligation to refuse such an order, and has a complete defense under UCMJ for refusal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9
In 99.9% of the cases the rank in file will do what they are ordered and leave the consequences up to the CO.
This is simply because in 99.9% of the cases orders are so obviously lawful that no moral question is present. But American soldiers of even the lowest rank have routinely proven to have a moral compass adequate to the task of determining whether or not their orders are lawful and then acting on that determination. One of the few bright spots to come out of the My Lai atrocity was the large number of soldiers who refused to participate in the massacre, and those who then went on to report the event up their chain of command and to Congress.

Training on the obligation to refuse unlawful orders has been part of the US Military development of soldiers, sailors and airmen for at least the 40 or so years since I first joined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom9
If, as a soldier you feel so strongly against the order you can fire into the air but I wouldn't recommend it.
If a soldier feels so strongly against the order, they are obligated to refuse it. In so doing they accept the possibility of having to later defend that decision in a military court... but the act of following such an order brings the same possibility. Ask the eleven or so soldiers later convicted of abuses at Abu Ghraib.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The National Guard is a State militia. They were order into action by the State, not Richard Nixon.
And that makes their firing on civilians okay?

Old 01-26-2013, 09:34 AM

16,135 posts, read 20,774,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Why would this be? It seems that he has prepared a litmus test for top military commanders and they will be forced out of service if they answer the questions just a little bit wrong.

Is he preparing to use force on us for something? Surely he is probably using the same test for Congress men and women right now in order to get them to vote for Feinsein's gun grab. I think I just said that I think he may be telling those people much the same kind of thing some of them admitted they were told back in the days of what little debate concerning bailouts.

I think I can show you that back in 2009 there were advertisements among National Guard people about some new jobs that were to be guarding civilians for unstated reasons. Ah yes, I think I have gone too far enough times to find my name on his list and in a place where those NG people may be guarding me till the day that my lack of medications kills me just as it would others who haven't stood up for him.

I am going to offer up a link to an interview with a man named Jim Garrow who has won a real Nobel Prize for saving little girls in China from sure death brought on by the one child law there. The man has many acquaintances who may know more than we do. Anyway, watch the video to see what he thinks is coming. I don't think many of us have known what he tells up to now, but we better wake up before it is too late.

Obama to Top Brass: Will you fire on American Citizens?

Here are some more links that everyone should read, just to learn something.

http://www.examiner.com/article/shoc...wants-military leaders-who-will-fire-on-u-s-citizens

Theintellhub.com

Is martial law imminent? - Norfolk Crime | Examiner.com

Roy, you have flipped out entirely, but since apparently you have chosen Treason and Taking up Arms against the United States then only those of us remaining loyal get a vote. If they need help prying your assault rifle from your extra crispy hands I'll be glad to do my part

Old 01-26-2013, 01:34 PM

30,392 posts, read 20,039,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You guys believe the most idiotic stuff.

While I wouldn't put it past him, I don't take the word of anonymous sources without some other proof.

I say we let this guy and Young Turks hash it out.

Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 PM

918 posts, read 710,000 times
Thumbs down Obama to Top Brass: Will you fire on American Citizens?

Before you respond to this OP, please view this entire video:

Obama to Top Brass- "Will you fire on American Citizens"?

Excellent agenda background for Obozo, the Control Freakazoid, who can never be sated with power sufficient to his desire. Such can also be found in his use and abuse of the Dept of Homeland Security. Bear in mind that this is an Executive Branch agency, which should be closely monitored by Congress as it's responsibility to ensure that it does act ONLY in legitimate national secuirty interest. It is scary to note the following.

Back in 2009 one Daryl Johnson wrote a book titled Right-Wing Resurgence: How a Domestic Terrorist Threat Is Being Ignored. This is the same paranoid and self-aggrandizing, ex-government worker person also wrote the Department of Homeland Security's infamous report on right-wing extremism. We who are conservatives, were legitimately outraged at the time to see the DHS being used for a political agenda. The suppression of the First American Freedom of Speech rights of any American who would disagree with this administration. Included in that report was this little tidbit. "Rightwing extremism in the United States," it said,...
Quote:
"can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."
Painting with this wide-brush was intended to invoke the full authority of the US government against anyone opposing federal government authority. What we had here was a blatant attempt by this administration, this President, to use the DHS as a tool for political purposes. If not for much public outrage by citizens and some politicians this would have become DHS policy on Obozo's watch.
Source: http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/30/homeland-security-meets-office-politics
Fast-forward now to now, January of 2013 and the overseer/advocate/spokesman of the Obozo Twilight Zone Rule of Law, the already infamous BabbleSpeak Biden announces in the midst of his task to resolve something..., anything about guns in America as his latest assignment by Great Leader that...
Quote:
...we need more gun laws because we donít have time to enforce the ones we have.

Source: http://patriotupdate.com/articles/enforcement-isnt-the-goal/
and http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/18/biden-we-need-more-gun-laws-because-we-dont-have-time-to-enforce-the-ones-we-have/
CONCLUSION
Doesn't it seem to identify rather obviously Obozo's calculated agenda wherein he starts off by using an Executive Branch security agency to try to identify any disagreement with his political policies as a national security threat and subsequently uses a single national gun violence tragedy to rally support against OUR Second Amendment constitutional rights. When I speak about a "pattern of behavior" in accurately positioning and identifying the Usurper-in-Chief, this kind of agenda is just what I mean.
Source: http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/30/homeland-security-meets-office-politics

Old 01-26-2013, 02:09 PM

This is the third or fourth thread on this pathetic lie.

Seriously?

Old 01-26-2013, 02:16 PM

29,125 posts, read 21,970,509 times
The president's paranoia reminds me of a man who occupied the same position 40 years ago.

Maybe the president's men will goof up and burglarize an office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies