Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times

Advertisements

Poll: 78 Percent Of Maine Voters Unfazed By Same-Sex Marriage Law | TPM LiveWire

Poll: 78 Percent Of Maine Voters Unfazed By Same-Sex Marriage Law

TOM KLUDT 11:23 AM EST, FRIDAY JANUARY 25, 2013

A large majority of Maine voters said the measure that legalized same-sex marriage in the state has had no impact on their lives, according to a survey from Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling released Friday.

Sixty-one percent of voters said they've been unfazed by the same-sex marriage law that passed at the ballot in November, while 17 percent said it's had a positive impact on their lives and 22 percent said it's had a negative impact. To look at it another way, nearly 78 percent of Maine voters said the law has not adversely affected them at all.

Sixty-three percent of Democrats said the law has not affected them, as did 57 percent of Republican voters in the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Imagine that.

Once folk get over their inability to control who other people marry, life does goes on.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:29 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,772,535 times
I've seen the movie - horny teenage guys are the greatest threat to apple pie.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:46 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
What on earth is the OP babbling about?

Nobody gives 2 sheets about gays, married or otherwise. They just need to do what they do and keep their flapping jaws and parades to themselves.

The sooner the stop shovelling their tantrums in faces, the sooner they will get to wherever it is they're going.

Nobody cares who or what you're pounding.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Nobody gives 2 sheets about gays, married or otherwise. They just need to do what they do and keep their flapping jaws and parades to themselves.

The sooner the stop shovelling their tantrums in faces, the sooner they will get to wherever it is they're going.

Yeah, because everyone would have been given their civil rights, if there were no protests.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:57 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Dale, for someone who doesn't give 2 sheets about gays, you sure seem to hang out on the gay related threads a lot...just saying.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Poll: 78 Percent Of Maine Voters Unfazed By Same-Sex Marriage Law | TPM LiveWire

Poll: 78 Percent Of Maine Voters Unfazed By Same-Sex Marriage Law

TOM KLUDT 11:23 AM EST, FRIDAY JANUARY 25, 2013

A large majority of Maine voters said the measure that legalized same-sex marriage in the state has had no impact on their lives, according to a survey from Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling released Friday.

Sixty-one percent of voters said they've been unfazed by the same-sex marriage law that passed at the ballot in November, while 17 percent said it's had a positive impact on their lives and 22 percent said it's had a negative impact. To look at it another way, nearly 78 percent of Maine voters said the law has not adversely affected them at all.

Sixty-three percent of Democrats said the law has not affected them, as did 57 percent of Republican voters in the state.

The issue is freedom of thought and the right to express opinions that go against the official truth of the day.

I believe it is self-evident that homosexuality is a crime against nature.

Those who defend and promote homosexuality insist that it is not unnatural.

I have to ask then, what is if not that?

Make a consistent case and I'll be on-board, but I won't accept what I know to be a lie as truth just because it makes life easier.

Moreover, the very existence of this thread is confirmation that those who assert homosexuality is natural and/or acceptable don't really believe their own propaganda because it is a classic example of dissonance reduction.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:28 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
The only ones who care are the wild eyed gay kooks and the wild eyed anti gay kooks. The other 90% of the country doesn't really give one sheet. When they are allowed to vote they usually say no to gay marriage up till now mostly because they see it as an attack on marriage which is what the gay kooks promote. So go get your gay marriage and pay your gay alimony when you get divorced like the rest. Why you want to fight so hard to sign a contract where the state can dictate part of your life is all your getting. Enjoy. Obamacare should take care of your whining about healthcare. You know your hero who all of a sudden became a gay fan when he realized he needed votes? You do remember that guy. LOL

Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 AM

724 posts, read 593,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The issue is freedom of thought and the right to express opinions that go against the official truth of the day.

I believe it is self-evident that homosexuality is a crime against nature.

Those who defend and promote homosexuality insist that it is not unnatural.

I have to ask then, what is if not that?

Make a consistent case and I'll be on-board, but I won't accept what I know to be a lie as truth just because it makes life easier.

Moreover, the very existence of this thread is confirmation that those who assert homosexuality is natural and/or acceptable don't really believe their own propaganda because it is a classic example of dissonance reduction.
List of animals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wrong again haters.

Oh yea this is my fav.

Homophobia Linked To Repressed Homosexual Arousal, Authoritarian Parenting

Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Feel better now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies