U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will a civil war occur
No, they are all talk, this is nonsense race baiting 41 66.13%
Yes, there will be a civil war and the rebels will be crushed like their confederate forefathers 6 9.68%
Yes, there will be a civil war and they will be victorious 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:04 AM

46,054 posts, read 29,425,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
I guess the founding fathers and revolutionaries are "parchment, quill and lamp black" Rambos to you then, huh?
No, they were a well formed militia, but they technically were terrorists against the British. The internet Rambos of today are the people who like to talk a big game, but you know that will never translate to real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 07:04 AM

988 posts, read 1,039,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
What are you talking about? How is that relevant to my post?

Didn't your Marxist professors teach you critical thinking?
You need to relax, pal. I'm no Marxist.

You asked about a "violent invasion of the seceding states".

You know, like the "war of northern aggression", aka the Civil War?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, they were a well formed militia, but they technically were terrorists against the British. The internet Rambos of today are the people who like to talk a big game, but you know that will never translate to real life.
The founding fathers and revolutionaries were "terrorists"? WOW. You have no idea how much that statement speaks to your anti-Americanism.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 AM

46,054 posts, read 29,425,983 times
Quote:
The founding fathers and revolutionaries were "terrorists"? WOW. You have no idea how much that statement speaks to your anti-Americanism.
Dude, read what I wrote, if you were British, then yes they would of been seen as terrorists. I am an American, I see them as revolutionists. Learn to read each word.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 AM

6,718 posts, read 6,128,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Hilarious, both on the same side and attacking each other. You two are a perfect example of right wing politics.
It's like two wind up dolls spouting RWNJ talking points at each other.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Dude, read what I wrote, if you were British, then yes they would of been seen as terrorists. I am an American, I see them as revolutionists. Learn to read each word.
OK, sure

Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 AM

725 posts, read 481,667 times
Quote:
I don't remember all you "patriotic" liberal "America lovers" showing the same contempt for the endless barrage of attacks against Bush. Where was the outcry for civility and toned down rhetoric when the leftist perverts in this country were calling him a war criminal every five minutes, en masse?
Your damn right we criticized Bush. But you didn't hear one word about civil war and secession.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 AM

29,602 posts, read 16,347,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Your damn right we criticized Bush. But you didn't hear one word about civil war and secession.
Because the state is your religion and you wouldn't dare to split it up.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM

7,371 posts, read 4,623,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's like two wind up dolls spouting RWNJ talking points at each other.
No, it's just that conservatives are supporters of free speech. Unlike liberals, we don't support speech codes and hate speech laws and fairness doctrines. Which means we sometimes disagree with each other. I understand that's an alien concept to liberals.

Warren Farrell protest at the University of Toronto - Full version - YouTube

Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,045,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Obviously you are going to get a bunch of replies from leftists who will simply take this thread as an opportunity to bash conservatives without giving any serious thought as to why this situation is happening. But the fact is that there have been any number of liberal Presidents and liberal Congresses in history that didn't spark this reaction. And it isn't simply anti-Obamaism either, as Obama's first election didn't prompt this strong reaction either.

You demonstrate your own lack of understanding of the real issues here when you imply there's a contradiction here between liberals being anti-American but conservatives wanting to succede. There isn't. The people who want to succede are doing it precisely because they are patriotic Americans. What you're leaving out here is that it isn't simply that libearls are anti-America, it is that liberals are violating the constitution that they took an oath to uphold. Obama took an oath to uphold the 2nd amendment, then supported legislation to restrict it. Now I don't advocate succession, but neither will I push these peoples' legitimate concerns aside and simply call them hypocritical whackos either.

It is simple fact that Obama is abusing the Presidency. He tries to legislate through executive order, he publicly calls American citizens "the enemy", he refuses to negotiate in good faith, he's been caught on tape offering to cooperate with our enemies and insulting our allies, etc. The fact that he was re-elected after doing things that would have been major scandals had any previous President done them indicates that some of the exact same things our constitution was drafted to prevent have now become accepted norms and business as usual in the government that constitution was supposed to establish and guide.

So it is no wonder that there have arisen people who wish to start anew with a government that actually respects that constitution.

Pretty well said Kidkaos. Like you I don't advocate seccession, but what some on the left seem to be missing is that it is government of the people, for the people, by the people, and not the other way around. Our elected officials were put there to represent the interests of all Americans, adhere to the terms of the US Constitution, not pander to the lobbyists or big money, and further expand the government's power via EO, or any other attempts to side step the Constitution! It's things like this, where a**holes like Hitler and Stalin are allowed to come into power, because the people of those countries allowed it to happen. The US Constitution and the way our system was set up is to prevent that from happening in this country. Which also means that as an American citizen, you should respect the rights and individual liberties of your fellow citizens even if you don't agree with their choices or point of view, so long as there is no harm or violence committed. Enforcing silly nanny state laws (such as The Patriot Act, NDAA, smoking bans, prohibition of cannabis), legislating morality (such deciding who can and cannot get married) , and redistribution of wealth through force of government is NOT the answer, and further creates dissension! And let's not forget nation building, and playing the world cop, and having military bases all over the world. We should have heeded the advice of George Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies