Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will a civil war occur
No, they are all talk, this is nonsense race baiting 41 66.13%
Yes, there will be a civil war and the rebels will be crushed like their confederate forefathers 6 9.68%
Yes, there will be a civil war and they will be victorious 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:06 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
You need to relax, pal. I'm no Marxist.

You asked about a "violent invasion of the seceding states".

You know, like the "war of northern aggression", aka the Civil War?
I sincerely apologize, I'm so used to sarcastic Marxist replies, I assumed your "War of Northern Aggression" comment was a snide remark.

Most people don't know the true history of that war, luckily most (true) Southerners have never forgotten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
How about continuing those same failed wars, expanding them, droning babies in Pakistan every day, doubling our national debt, and expanding the size and scope of the central government?

How about "that kind of stuff"?

Incoherent blather.

Nice try, aspiring pop-psycho-babbler, but I think you were looking for this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Liberals are the most egregious offenders when it comes to projection of their neuroses. For example, claiming that if we have more guns in the hand of civilians will lead to gun fights in the streets and people settling petty disagreements with high noon duels is actually the way a bedwetting liberal hoplophobe "projects" their irrational thoughts about what THEY would do if they possessed a firearm.

Good. Now I will consider you to have been thoroughly decimated. You may scurry along now, statist.

So, you're one of those ROT boys? Your team took it on the chin at Ft Davis a few years back, as I recall.

Republic of Texas Member Dies in Battle with Rangers - The Tech

Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Revisionist history, for sure. You mean the shellacking in the House in 2010? You mean the fact that Congress is controlled by the GOP? You mean the fact that there are more GOP governors than in the past 12 years?

In the last 2 elections Dems kept the Senate and kept the presidency by a small margin.

Hardly a butt whoopin'.

Please explain why you right wing boys are all so unhappy these days if things are going your way.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:20 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
I don't remember all you "patriotic" liberal "America lovers" showing the same contempt for the endless barrage of attacks against Bush. Where was the outcry for civility and toned down rhetoric when the leftist perverts in this country were calling him a war criminal every five minutes, en masse?
Bush was, anrd remains a war criminal. He has been tried in absentia overseas, and there are countries that will arrest him on sight for crimes against humanity.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Obviously you are going to get a bunch of replies from leftists who will simply take this thread as an opportunity to bash conservatives without giving any serious thought as to why this situation is happening. But the fact is that there have been any number of liberal Presidents and liberal Congresses in history that didn't spark this reaction. And it isn't simply anti-Obamaism either, as Obama's first election didn't prompt this strong reaction either.

You demonstrate your own lack of understanding of the real issues here when you imply there's a contradiction here between liberals being anti-American but conservatives wanting to succede. There isn't. The people who want to succede are doing it precisely because they are patriotic Americans. What you're leaving out here is that it isn't simply that libearls are anti-America, it is that liberals are violating the constitution that they took an oath to uphold. Obama took an oath to uphold the 2nd amendment, then supported legislation to restrict it. Now I don't advocate succession, but neither will I push these peoples' legitimate concerns aside and simply call them hypocritical whackos either.

It is simple fact that Obama is abusing the Presidency. He tries to legislate through executive order, he publicly calls American citizens "the enemy", he refuses to negotiate in good faith, he's been caught on tape offering to cooperate with our enemies and insulting our allies, etc. The fact that he was re-elected after doing things that would have been major scandals had any previous President done them indicates that some of the exact same things our constitution was drafted to prevent have now become accepted norms and business as usual in the government that constitution was supposed to establish and guide.

So it is no wonder that there have arisen people who wish to start anew with a government that actually respects that constitution.
He has issued less executive orders than Bush - so it's hard to buy that one. As far as refusing to negotiate in good faith - look no further than your own party.

I guess we are just each entrenched in our own beliefs and see what we want to see.

In real life (not saying this is you) - the only people I know calling for succession are unemployed, underemplolyed, mostly uneducated - white males in hugely red states.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:29 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Default Do you think the calls for "Civil War" will ever come to fruition, if so, what will be the result

Quite a few people have been beating the drums for a civil war, do you think this is all talk or do you think they will actually attempt it?

Old 01-25-2013, 10:35 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
It is never going to happen. The states are more Purple than they are red or blue.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
It is never going to happen. The states are more Purple than they are red or blue.
FWIW, that means nothing. If we see another civil war it won't be a simple one state versus another, it will be messier than that, with less clear lines.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Doesn't mean you won't have Americans attempting an act of war against the government.

Timothy McVeigh ring a bell??

Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
All those talking about another civil war are just whiny babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies