Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
One of the few decent Republicans calls most everyone else in the party stupid. I highly doubt they will listen to him or heed his advice. I expect them to drum him out.

""We've got to stop being the stupid party. It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults," he said. "We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."

Jindal: GOP must stop being 'stupid party' | Political Headlines | Comcast
Those so called stupid remarks were not the voice of the entire Republican party nor does it make the entire party stupid. What part of that isn't everyone getting? As if no Democrat hasn't made stupid remarks as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Jindal's comments are about optics. Yes-- The Republican party needs to change and not put people behind the microphone who say bizarre and offensive things.

However, to get my vote, they must stop having bizarre and offensive beliefs.
So, the entire GOP reflects bizarre and offensive beliefs? Aside from that the left will always call any stance that the GOP takes as being "bizarre and offensive" because they aren't in tune with their own beliefs. I hate the way the left stereotypes the entire GOP from the remarks or actions of a few.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I don't understand why they feel the need to beat the abortion drum, something that was settled 40 years ago. Let the pro lifers start their own party. And leave the gay people alone and why don't the Republicans just wish them the best and stop commenting on that subject as well?

When I was a kid the GOP was the party of common sense and business. Now they are TV evangelists.
Because they want to make it against the law to kill unborn babies, that's why. Laws can change and either party has the right to seek those changes if they want. For example, the Democrats aka Obama want to change our immigration laws and is doing it even without congress' approval. Guess that's ok though?

Leave the gay people alone? What does that mean? The Republicans just don't approve of a traditional marriage for them. They aren't allowed that stance either according to the left? You are spouting nonsense that the GOP are acting like evangelists just because they think it is immoral to kill unborn babies and want to keep traditional marriage between a man and a woman. Gays can have all the civil unions that they want. We have freedom of speech in this country but I guess it is only reserved for the left these days.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:52 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,340,086 times
Quote:
And so it begins. Just like clockwork. Sigh...
You trust and admire politicians? That's part of the problem.

Jindal is all about the spoils system and hurting those who oppose his ALEC sponsored plans. He has "ethics reform" that allows him to completely control appointees to the board of ethics, disallows them to investigate anonymous complaints, and makes it against the law for complain tees to discuss ongoing "investigations."

A friend of mine, a staunch libertarian tried to run for state office against a crooked jindal puppet and they are opening ethics investigations against him and everyone in his family, and even tried to get his wife fired. incidentally, after the jindal puppet legislator threw support behind a jindal bill, the government bought his property for over double what he paid for it the previous year.

Jindal sought congressman bill cassidy's support and now Cassidy's sister is on jindal's staff, making $160k/yr in our dime. these politicians are absolutely drunk with power.

Jindal even rewarded a campaign supporter by giving him an economic development grant to open a chain restaurant in New Orleans. talk about stupid.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:56 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Because they want to make it against the law to kill unborn babies, that's why. Laws can change and either party has the right to seek those changes if they want. For example, the Democrats aka Obama want to change our immigration laws and is doing it even without congress' approval. Guess that's ok though?

Leave the gay people alone? What does that mean? The Republicans just don't approve of a traditional marriage for them. They aren't allowed that stance either according to the left? You are spouting nonsense that the GOP are acting like evangelists just because they think it is immoral to kill unborn babies and want to keep traditional marriage between a man and a woman. Gays can have all the civil unions that they want. We have freedom of speech in this country but I guess it is only reserved for the left these days.
My point is we NEED the Republicans to become the common sense party of business once again and drop these distractions. Have you been paying attention to what is going on in the country lately? We need businessmen who know how to fix this budget without destroying the economy, not some anger filled moron preaching to us about abortion, a subject that affects hardly anyone.

I am Catholic, I don't approve of abortion but like many of you who think the Government has no business messing with gun ownership I don't think the Government should dictate to a woman about her reproductive life. That is between her and her God.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
And so it begins. Just like clockwork. Sigh...
Dude, he is a Louisiana politician....corruption is a requirement of office.

But don't worry, my native Illinois is doing their best to put then in 2nd place on that topic.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
With the 2013 inauguration out of the way, the 2018 campaign has officially begun.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

It's simple math. It seems that each year, more and more Americans support gay marriage. I know I could never vote for someone opposed to it. I'm not alone. The GOP can keep clinging on to its fantasy book and its definitions of the world, or they can get with the 21st century and be the party of truly free markets and limited government. Of course, as long as their pockets are filled with defense contractors' money, that ain't gonna happen.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
You can't argue w/that kind of logic. Of course the conservatives will shake their heads in wonder & just scoff it off. The crazies never understand their own craziness. They blame everyone else. Poor things.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
Quote:
"We've got to stop being the stupid party. It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults," he said. "We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."
Well, there's your problem... then call 'em out and name frickkin' names already! And actually say what offensive and bizarre means.... because clearly the GOP has lost all sense of proportion and knowing what's ''normal'' anymore. Otherwise it always end up full circle with the usual childish ''enabling'' excuses just like these below (aka, ''no problem, just a few bad apples, Johnny does it too, blah-blah-blah...'')! Because in RWNJ logic, there's never any accountability as long as the blame can be deflected elsewhere (which is the very opposite of taking ''personal responsibility'')!

Quote:
Rakin..... do you believe Biden and Pulosi represent sane and normal people also ? Both parties have more than their share of "Stupid".
Quote:
Oldglory....Those so called stupid remarks were not the voice of the entire Republican party nor does it make the entire party stupid. What part of that isn't everyone getting? As if no Democrat hasn't made stupid remarks as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies