Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,430,017 times

Advertisements

Israel could care less about the US. It simply enjoys our billions of "aid". Hell Saudi Arabia is an ally despite its civil rights record. Come to think of it, America only really has interests not allies

Old 01-25-2013, 12:09 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,981,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Rand joined a different Republican party than his father.

You're not winning elective office in too many places as a republican anymore without declaring a slavish devotion to Israel.
That same statement can be said about most DEMS too. Look at John Kerry.
The list goes on.

The Republican Party Ron Paul joined, doesn't exist anymore.
Thus, his move on over to the Libertarian Party in the mid 1980's.

As far as Rand and Ron. I'm happy to see Dr Paul
raised a child to become a self sufficient, independent thinking adult.
For most parents, that IS the very best we can ask for.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,000,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yes but we don't even say these things about NATO allies. I've never heard any politician say an attack on Britain is an attack on the USA. Heck we have treaty obligations to defend Taiwan and lately politicians have backed away from that somewhat.
Ok...fair enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
LOL. Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yeman, Libya are also allies. Get the picture or do I need to name a few more? What you are saying is that a threat or act of war on them by another country will be down the rath of the US on that threat/act of war? And if the US was threatened, do you think those countries will be suiting up to go to war for/with the US? LOL I. Don't. Think. So.

What were once close allies of the US have been pulling away for sometime.
Hmmm...ok. That's fair.
Quote:
Nor any office as a Democrat, even Cynthia McKinney was ran out of a safe seat because she ran afoul of Israel.
True. I can't rebut that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No matter the circumstances of the attack?
No, no, no...I'm not going that far. I just didn't think that the statement by him was all that profound. But after reading some of the objections raised here, I'm obviously not looking at the bigger picture.

So I got it wrong.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:45 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,903,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I have no problem with his statement. If they're an ally, then he's absolutely right.
There is a world of difference between being an ally and being a party to a mutual defense treaty. We have no such treaty with Israel and thus have no codified defense obligation with her.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,885,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Rands apple fell pretty far from his fathers tree.

No country is worth one drop of american soldier blood or one dollar of its workers pay.
Agree and agree

Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,981,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
There is a world of difference between being an ally and being a party to a mutual defense treaty. We have no such treaty with Israel and thus have no codified defense obligation with her.
I think someone should tell our leaders on the hill that. They are ignoring it big time...

Old 01-25-2013, 02:15 PM

361 posts, read 271,801 times
America has never put boots on the ground for a conflict involving Israel. Israel doesn't want that either. Israel has won and fought every war with only its own soldiers. You all speak as if its the opposite

Old 01-25-2013, 02:18 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,031,945 times
Quote:
That little twerp isn't very bright is he? "If I were president....." dream on Randy LOL!

Old 01-25-2013, 03:23 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,885,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 718native View Post
America has never put boots on the ground for a conflict involving Israel. Israel doesn't want that either. Israel has won and fought every war with only its own soldiers. You all speak as if its the opposite
Sure, let Israel fight their own wars....they are so tough. They fought all their own wars, with no help right??

US bases in the middle east....

LOL that's not help??? If the US didn't destabilize pretty much EVERY Islamic nation in the middle east....they probably would have colluded and blown Israel to glass, deservedly, by now.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM

57,022 posts, read 35,000,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Dang Catto...you're piling on AFTER I did my mea culpa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies