Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Perhaps you should actually read the decision before you start wringing your hands regarding any failure to uphold the Constitution. Specifically where the court stated that “Recent presidents are doing no more than interpreting the Constitution. While we recognize that all branches of government must of necessity exercise their understanding of the Constitution in order to perform their duties faithfully thereto, ultimately it is our role to discern the authoritative meaning of the supreme law.”

Those two sentences take the President completely off the hook for any claim that he failed to uphold the Constitution.

The actual court does not appear to agree.
This ^ times a googleplex!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,149,395 times
Nice try but as we can see by this, "appeared to break new ground by acting at a time when the Senate was meeting every third day, specifically to deny him the chance to make appointments," the President was trying to conduct the work of the people while the Senate was doing everything within their power to make sure they didn't earn their paycheck for the week. The ones you all should be mad at is the Senate.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:45 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Seems like he abused more than that.

..and this is why the Supreme Court is necessary to keep those in power in check.

And, for the record, the Supreme Court didn't say Obama abused his powers. That part was editorial.

Last edited by carterstamp; 01-25-2013 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Cab't spell worth a sh**

Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,825 times
Default Obama appointments unconstitutional.

Court: Obama appointments to labor panel are unconstitutional | Fox News

But but....the constitution doesn't mean anything to the Dictator! How dare the courts! LOL

Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 AM

4,684 posts, read 4,572,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Bush did the same, so what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Or, "what's good for the blackbird is good for the cuckoo".

Or some avian simile.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:00 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,648,464 times
I AM A BIT PISSED OFF ABOUT THIS....

I am not a pyscho righty, as some are. 9 times out of 10 I would just blow this off. Who cares who he appointed? Right?

What pisses me off is when you dig deeper.

He appointed illegally the head of the NLRB. Well how does this affect me personally.

The NLRB filed a suit to try and shut my place of work down. Yes, an American company in The United States, creating jobs here(thousands of them), and Obama and his legacy is trying to shut it down. Why may you ask? I mean why would this happen? BIG UNIONS! and there money. I mean come on! He has to get his money and his votes, for reelection. So my tax dollars were actually going towards corruption by my president, to shut my own job down.

The sickening part is, it was known it was not going to go through but the union used the NLRB as a puppet to file the suit to help pressure the company in contract negotiations. (there were already longterm plans to expand production in my non-union facility, but the NLRB suit was filed, to push contracts to stop expansion and job creation in a non-union site)

Its funny as a result of the lawsuit, my company is required to post information up about unions in our workplace. Which got defaced and thrown out numerous times by employees that are pretty upset at the IAW. That our company had to sandwhich it in 2 pieces of 1/4 acrylic and anchor it to the wall.

At first it just pissed me off, but now its actually has me pretty furious, that this is a full violation of the constitution.

Some reports on the situation...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...768248242.html

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/c...nt?oid=3461150

Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,427 times
I am shocked.
A court actually applied constitutionally based law to limit the powers of the Executive Office!!???

I'm not just shocked, but very pleasantly surprised.
More evidence of a coming backlash against politicians who have played fast and loose with the peoples money and their trust.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelStraker View Post
When you swear an oath to uphold the Constitution and then blatantly abuse the powers granted to you by it. THAT planet.

Barack was specifically told that what he was doing was illegal but decided to roll the dice in the courts. He lost! Time to step down for the good of the country.

Barack is dangerous for the republic. He needs to be removed.

I like you.

You're funny.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
He should be impeached.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
and how many times did Bush circumvent the Constitution to declare war on three nations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies