U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,765,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
On the other hand, I wonder how many people, who the anti-abortion folks would describe as pro-abortion, would choose life when confronted with an unwanted pregnancy.
The anti-choicers (because that's what they are) label pro-choice people as pro-abortion because it's more emotionally charged.
It's about choice.

Now me, I'm on the far end.
I truly believe that 99.9% of people shouldn't breed.
I don't care how they rid themselves of it.

But once it's born, sorry, but we as a society are responsible for the care and feeding of them.

That's where I differ from the anti-choicers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,065 posts, read 5,591,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Asking such a questions shows you do not understand the pro-choice position. Roe v. Wade clearly states what limits are placed on abortion, and these limits are determined by medical science and medical ethics. Late term abortion is done rarely, and is only done in exceptional circumstances.
That is a (blanking) lie ... absolute hogwash, and I take it that you just don't possess the stones to stand up and defend your own position, which is typical of modern day liberals, who's own opinions are sometimes too gross for even them to openly defend .. so deception is required.

As shown in the previous post from "LatetermAbortions R Us" ... the supply of later term abortion providers is shrinking, though demand is rising ... so they have their traveling team to provide house calls wherever you are, just give em' a ring (and a credit card number) and they'll handle the rest, including hotel and travel arrangements. Want a room with a view? They'll handle that too ... no effort is too much for the comfort of the patient.

12,982 posts, read 12,217,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Neither Roe v. Wade nor any other court case Mandates restrictions on post-viability abortions. Why the heck would any true choicer support restrictions on 'my body, my choice, stay out of my womb' just because 7 old male vagina overlords decided 'viability' can override a woman's freedom to abort.

Who are you to be out of a woman's womb in week 21 and then decide to enter it in week 23 and force her to remain pregnant.
*sigh* Nice try at a gotcha. Go and read the verbage of Roe v. Wade, then come back and discuss it. Although I highly doubt your intention is any kind of rational debate.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM

13,758 posts, read 14,589,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That is a (blanking) lie ... absolute hogwash, and I take it that you just don't possess the stones to stand up and defend your own position, which is typical of modern day liberals, who's own opinions are sometimes too gross for even them to openly defend .. so deception is required.

As shown in the previous post from "LatetermAbortions R Us" ... the supply of later term abortion providers is shrinking, though demand is rising ... so they have their traveling team to provide house calls wherever you are, just give em' a ring (and a credit card number) and they'll handle the rest, including hotel and travel arrangements. Want a room with a view? They'll handle that too ... no effort is too much for the comfort of the patient.
bull, go ahead and try and see how far you get.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:43 AM

12,982 posts, read 12,217,889 times
Quote:

I am defending my position. What exactly are you blathering about? You want pro-choicers to say they support abortion on demand up until birth? Is that it? I don't know any who do. Sorry that doesn't support your fantasy.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 AM

9,492 posts, read 4,845,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
*sigh* Nice try at a gotcha. Go and read the verbage of Roe v. Wade, then come back and discuss it. Although I highly doubt your intention is any kind of rational debate.
Are you seriously suggesting that Roe v. Wade Mandates restrictions on late term abortions ?

"For the stage subsequent to viability, the State in promoting its interest in the potentiality of human life may, if it chooses, regulate, and even proscribe, abortion except where it is necessary, in appropriate medical judgment, for the preservation of the life or health of the mother."

So, states that restrict post-viability abortions to special circumstances like rape or incest are in your body, your womb. After viability, you're not much different than many lifers in rejecting my body, my choice.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:06 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,850,582 times
Quote:
What you fail to see is that you are not free. Terminating your own offspring is not an expression of freedom .. it is proof positive that you are behaving and thinking according to some outside influence that leads you to believe this is not only an expression of your free will, but a positive action as well. But it is neither freedom nor positive.

In built into the female of MOST species ... human and animal alike, is a natural and instinctual drive to protect and defend their offspring, to the extent of placing that concern above the the otherwise preeminent instinct of self preservation. This drive to protect is the only instinct that overrides that otherwise dominant concern for self, and the highest expression possible among the members of any particular species. This is hard coded at the cellular level, and universal across most species, with few exceptions.

Given that this drive to protect her young is the highest expression of a particular species, the conscious choice to intentionally kill off it's own offspring would conversely demonstrate the very lowest expression, and particularly if that choice was based solely on mere convenience. So you may celebrate your right to terminate your own offspring ... but while you're at it, don't forget to celebrate the fact that you now possess lesser integrity than most wild animals residing on the planet who would die defending their little ones.

Hurray Freedom!

No what you fail to see is that your not "GOD" nor the judge nor the jury, but seem to be making yourself that.

If you do not walk in the shoes of the women who gets pregnanat and know her life, who are you to determine what she does with that pregnancy.

The man also has something to do with this, NO. The man and the women or the young teens know full well the consequences, i give you that. Maybe Mr. Dickie ought too think twice about where is birdie lands.

But what about the young teen mom who has that baby, delivers that precious baby, then strangles it, has the baby in a toilet, and flushes that life form away. What about that, she had the baby full term, and ended it's precious life. What about those young teen Moms, who have those precious babies, and abuse them physicially, this is happening more and more.
These young frightened moms are not dropping these babies off at safe centers, they kill them. What about that!
We all have that right to freedom of expression, and to express concerns and opinions, but that is where it should stop, for we should not judge! Your not God neither are any of us.
Unless you have an answer to happy hormones from both male and female, these actions will continue to happen, it really is out of our hands.
Yes i believe that both male and female ought to think twice of the consequences of a one night stand, or what if i were to get pregnant, but we know this is reality, and the consequences of said actions.

I heard a case months ago, about a baby boy i believe that was found dead in a field, they tracked the mom down, and got her for murder, the women had the baby in a restaurant, left with baby, under her coat, and then buried him. So much HA" for this baby boy, was brought to full term, only to have his life ended!

In todays world it is sad, but there is too many unfit parents or unfit Moms without the Dad's in their child's life or both of them, who physically and mentally abuse babies and children, it is happening more and more, and these precious children are being murdered at the hands of that Mom who brought to life full term, their baby, and years later kill them. Or the case months ago where the young teem Mom's boyfriend murdered her little girl, makes me sick, but that is the reality also, of those having children, that are unfit.

Last edited by california-jewel; 01-29-2013 at 12:02 PM..

Old 01-29-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The anti-choicers (because that's what they are) label pro-choice people as pro-abortion because it's more emotionally charged.
No ... it's just honesty ... that's probably what is throwing you for a loop. If the one side is anti-abortion, and we are ... the opposite is pro-abortion .... liberals just like to spruce up the image with prettier sounding labels like swapping "Abortion" with "Choice". Just like the Pentagon and Military like to call dead civilian men, women and children, "collateral damage". It just sounds a lot better than dead innocents dontcha think?

You all do this so consistently anymore .. you think it's normal. You have even deluded yourselves in this manner ... you have no reservation about referring to your ideological enemies as "Pro-Lifers", while rejecting the idea that this would by definition make you Pro-Death ... ewe! That just sounds bad, so we shall have to deny that one too!!

Quote:
It's about choice.
This we can agree ... it certainly is all about choices. A choice to embrace the value of human life, and particularly the value of children .. our most precious expression of life ... or the choice to embrace death, and the sacrificing of children on the alter of liberalism, by the Millions.

Quote:
Now me, I'm on the far end.
I truly believe that 99.9% of people shouldn't breed.
I don't care how they rid themselves of it.

But once it's born, sorry, but we as a society are responsible for the care and feeding of them.

That's where I differ from the anti-choicers.
Wow, we agree twice? A miracle indeed. Yes you are definitely on the far end, that's for sure. 99% shouldn't breed? Well madam, you've just advocated the termination of the human species, while offering allegiance to the goals of the 1%ers ..... which confirms my claim that you people are the enemy of humanity ... with your "Choice" being to attack the most vulnerable and defenseless first ... it's children.

That's what Pro-Choice really stands for .... Pro-Death, Pro-Abortion and the covert but very conscious advocacy of the destruction of the Human species. Thank you for publicly acknowledging this ... now people won't be required to simply take my word for it.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No what you fail to see is that your not "GOD" nor the judge nor the jury, but seem to be making yourself that.

If you do not walk in the shoes of the women who gets pregnanat and know her life, who are you to determine what she does with that pregnancy.

The man also has something to do with this, NO. The man and the women or the young teens know full well the consequences, i give you that. Maybe Mr. Dickie ought too think twice about where is birdie flys.
And here we have the primary theme of liberalism ... it's always someone else's fault. To the liberal, accepting personal responsibility is akin to dousing water on the wicked witch of the west ... they melt like an ice cream cone on a hot summer day.

Quote:
But what about the young teen mom who has that baby, delivers that precious baby, then strangles it, has the baby in a toilet, and flushes that life form away. What about that, she had the baby full term, and ended it's precious life. What about those young teen Moms, who have those precious babies, and abuse them physicially, this is happening more and more.

These young frightened moms are not dropping these babies off at safe centers, they kill them. What about that!
What about it? What mindset do you think more prone to that type of behavior ... the woman who views pregnancy as the growth of a beautiful child for which it's life is held most precious, or one that looks upon the "fetus" as the growth of an unwanted mole? Take a wild guess?

Quote:
We all have that right to freedom of expression, and to express concerns and opinions, but that is where it should stop, for we should not judge! Your not God neither are any of us.
No one has the right to kill another human being as an expression of freedom of choice. You have many choices .... that's not one of them. And only a malfunctioning mind could be so confused. You have a choice between chocolate, vanilla or strawberry .... you have a choice of chicken, pork, or beef .... you have countless choices .... but that does not include the choice to kill a defenseless baby. That's psychopathy ... not freedom.

Quote:
Unless you have an answer to happy hormones from both male and female, these actions will continue to happen, it really is out of our hands.
Yes i believe that both male and female ought to think twice of the consequences of a one night stand, or what if i were to get pregnant, but we know this is reality, and the consequences of said actions.

I heard a case months ago, about a baby boy i believe that was found dead in a field, they tracked the mom down, and got her for murder, the women had the baby in a restaurant, left with baby, under her coat, and then buried him. So much HA" for this baby boy, was brought to full term, only to have his life ended!

In todays world it is sad, but there is too many unfit parents or unfit Moms without the Dad's in their child's life or both of them, who physically and mentally abuse babies and children, it is happening more and more, and these precious children are being murdered at the hands of that Mom who brought to life full term, their baby, and years later kill them. Or the case months ago where the young teem Mom's boyfriend murdered her little girl, makes me sick, but that is the reality also, of those having children, that are unfit.
I would challenge the sanity of this line of reasoning which seems very clearly to advocate the closing of banks as the best way to end bank robbery! That is what you are saying ... every abortion is justified because so many born children are abused and murdered ... the aborted child will be spared that suffering. Of course, he will also be spared the opportunity to live, which constitutes the overwhelming majority experience. End disease by killing all patients .... eliminate automobile accidents by eliminating cars ... this seems like "reason" to you, but it is really a glaring absence of reason.

It probably hasn't occurred to you that this growing problem of chid abuse and mistreatment is an outgrowth of the vile and morally bankrupt mindset that dismisses the value of life to begin with. Maybe you are the egg that leads to the chicken, and not the other way round? Has this possibility ever crossed your mind? Can you imagine the possibility that corruption can spread from the top down just as easily and more likely than the reverse? Can you consider the possibility that one expression of psychopathy might be symptomatic of a more broadly suffered disease which expresses itself in different ways? Can you not see how your advocacy of mass killing of unborn children by the Millions is so closely related to the murder of the born infants by mothers of similar psychological abnormality?

No, of course not. And neither is it likely that you can convince a drunk he's had enough to drink.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM

10,953 posts, read 8,660,963 times
Quote:
And here we have the primary theme of liberalism ... it's always someone else's fault. To the liberal, accepting personal responsibility is akin to dousing water on the wicked witch of the west ... they melt like an ice cream cone on a hot summer day.
california-jewel is a liberal?

I'm pretty sure, that except for this one issue, you two probably agree more than you disagree.

Conversely, california-jewel and I often butt heads, but I am in total agreement with her on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies