U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 06:49 AM

6,253 posts, read 3,369,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Crunch the numbers.
Which numbers would you like crunched? You would also have to assume the numbers you want crunched to support your scenario would never change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Yes, I have.....and at 11 weeks.....when most abortions are performed.....it looks like a deformed tadpole....not a baby.
Your earlier criteria for when something wasn't deserving of life didn't say anything about whether or not it looked like a tadpole. It said living and breathing.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:52 AM

15,034 posts, read 13,313,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Your earlier criteria for when something wasn't deserving of life didn't say anything about whether or not it looked like a tadpole. It said living and breathing.
Is that tadpole thingy breathing?

Old 01-31-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Is that tadpole thingy breathing?
It is indeed .... it's also living. Living things grow.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:13 AM

15,034 posts, read 13,313,399 times
Quote:
Which numbers would you like crunched? You would also have to assume the numbers you want crunched to support your scenario would never change.
There are approximately 3,500 abortion done per day in the US.....there are one to two million families waiting to adopt.....usually not wanting more than one or two children. Once those one to two million are satisfied by the intitial glut of babies on the market, the numbers waiting to adopt would quickly plummet. Do the math.

Do you really think 3,500 new adoptive families are going to pop up PER DAY?

Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 AM

13,153 posts, read 17,347,010 times
GuyNTexas, enjoyed your pet stories...thank you. I have always had a passion and heart for animals, wild or domesticated. We are animal lovers, and I would say that sometimes I like my dogs and cats a whole lot more than I like some people.

Animals are special and depend on us; we are to manage them wisely and I'm glad to see the many serious efforts underway in that regard.

I would like to see more effort toward preservation of human life and the quality of that life. Too many people around the world are exploited for the benefit of the few in power.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
There are approximately 3,500 abortion done per day in the US.....there are one to two million families waiting to adopt.....usually not wanting more than one or two children. Once those one to two million are satisfied by the intitial glut of babies on the market, the numbers waiting to adopt would quickly plummet. Do the math.

Do you really think 3,500 new adoptive families are going to pop up PER DAY?
You are not outraged that 3,500 defenseless lives are terminated daily?

Old 01-31-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
You are assuming all these numbers will never change. Where do you get the data that says all those adoptive families usually want only one or two children? You also assume none of the biological fathers will want custody, which would be possible with our hypothetical artificial uterus scenario.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
You are assuming all these numbers will never change. Where do you get the data that says all those adoptive families usually want only one or two children? You also assume none of the biological fathers will want custody, which would be possible with our hypothetical artificial uterus scenario.
My thought as well. Our three adopted grandchildren are in one family. This couple may adopt another.

And, while there is more awareness of the father's rights, we still have a ways to go with that. Biological fathers do have rights -- sometimes they oppose abortion, sometimes they want custody. It's a fight for them, financially and emotionally -- as it is for the pregnant mom-to-be.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
My thought as well. Our three adopted grandchildren are in one family. This couple may adopt another.

And, while there is more awareness of the father's rights, we still have a ways to go with that. Biological fathers do have rights -- sometimes they oppose abortion, sometimes they want custody. It's a fight for them, financially and emotionally -- as it is for the pregnant mom-to-be.
Our entire societal norm for abortion, pregnancy and custody/adoptions would be completely upended if our hypothetical situation came into existance. Someone on this thread(may have been Annie53) felt that we wouldn't have to have too many women paying child support to custodial fathers as most are just fine with their tadpoles being aborted. Assuming this is the case, that is under current circumstances. We have no idea what would happen should a totally different situation be possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies