Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 04:15 PM

252 posts, read 217,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Yes and no. The fact that I know some people who carry guns scares the poop out of me because I know just how crazy some of them are. They WANT a bad guy situation to arise so they can show how "expert" they are with the weapon. Accidents waiting to happen.

A TRULY responsible, sensible, mature, well meaning person with a concealed gun would not bother as much.

I am very much behind any legislation that would ban semi automatic rifles because like many others I just don't see the need for them.
Just because YOU can't see the need for them DOESN'T mean there isn't one. Chew on that for a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,600,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
Not only do they only achieve 25%-35% accuracy, when was the last time you saw a civilian legally carrying a firearm, on a power trip?
I'd say anyone who regularly carries a gun in public is either very fearful, or on a power trip.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
Just because YOU can't see the need for them DOESN'T mean there isn't one. Chew on that for a bit.
I don't see the need for one. And neither do most people. Believe it or not most people leave the house without a gun...

Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,766,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I'd say anyone who regularly carries a gun in public is either very fearful, or on a power trip.
You would be wrong. How many people do you personally know that have a CCW? Let me guess, none; so how could you have any sort of idea why someone chooses to ccw.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I don't see the need for one. And neither do most people. Believe it or not most people leave the house without a gun...
And some choose to protect themselves. No one is mandating everyone carry a gun, stop trying to restrict those who want to protect themselves and their family.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
You would be wrong. How many people do you personally know that have a CCW? Let me guess, none; so how could you have any sort of idea why someone chooses to ccw.
Why carry one if you're not afraid?

Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
What world do you live in? Because in this world bad things happen to good people.

Being prepared is different than being afraid.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM

4,396 posts, read 4,884,167 times
Quote:
Have you ever sat down and talked to a gun owner or better yet one that carries every day?

Old 04-10-2013, 08:38 PM

36,772 posts, read 18,709,460 times
Quote:
Way to misrepresent what I said.

No, I'm not fearful, that's why I don't feel compelled to own or carry a gun. I don't have this paranoid fear of intruders in the middle of the night, and home invasions, or the delusional fantasy that I'm going to need to defend myself with a gun against a tyrannical government in this day and age---that so many of you gun-owners have.
Protecting yourself in your home is quite a different scenario from packing a hog leg everywhere you go.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:42 PM

36,772 posts, read 18,709,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Have you ever sat down and talked to a gun owner or better yet one that carries every day?
I know a number of them. Some (not all) of them carry hoping for a chance to use it and become a hero. They are quite insecure, and in some cases, pure cowards without their guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies