U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:22 PM

36,486 posts, read 15,977,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Once again!!! The government is not planning to take all of your guns!! Can we please move past that barrier? There are proposals to limit semi automatic rifles and I think thus is a good idea. That leaves plenty of guns for owners to hunt, target practice and protect themselves with. Why are gun owners not willing to compromise? I would be ticked if ALL guns were being talked about but that simply is not the case.

Thus tyranny thing? Look, the government is not coming after you. They also are not afraid of you because you have guns.

Meeting halfway is gun owners realizing they don't have to be Rambo to enjoy and own weapons. The government realizes that it is your right to own a weapon but they also know that in a Society you must address issues. Twenty six people killed in a school is an issue.
Sorry, when politicians start with, "reasonable" or "sensible", I start to worry because I haven't heard or read any "reasonable" or "sensible" idea they have come up with.

Are you aware a semi automatic weapon was NOT used at Sandy Hook? Again, why do you want to ban something that is NOT used?
For example. Do you know how many deaths are from semi automatic rifles? If you Don't know why would you be for a proposal to ban them? And how could banning them be reasonable?

When people who are supposed to know what they are talkimg about refer to AR-15s and almost any semi-automatic as an assault weapon when in fact they are NOT assault weapons, why should we trust them?

When THEY are UN reasonable, why should be expected to be reasonable?

Do you know there have been more "mass" shootings in gun free zones then outside gun free zones? what is you observation that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 06:27 PM

13,964 posts, read 10,750,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
The only people I hear talking about the government "taking our guns" are crazy paranoids; i.e., people who think the 2nd Amendment exists only to enable the people of this country to fight a tyrannical government.
I hate to break it to you, but that WAS the original intent of the 2nd.

You need a history lesson

Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,004,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I guess you haven't heard of Sen Fienstrines new "ASSAULT" weapons ban. if I "want" any of these, 170 I think, guns, I CANNOT buy one.
Takes more then one senator, doesn't it. There are other congressmen and senators who'd repeal all gun laws, so it balances out.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:48 PM

1,831 posts, read 2,124,656 times
The government has an agenda. We know that the bans they speak of really have no affect on mayhelm. The recent shootings are of course a tragedy. However, as of today, 37 children have died of flu this season, 400 children have died climbing on the new type TV's, and on and on. How many children have died due to a side impact from being placed in their car seat next to a door vs the middle seat? So children are dying all around and in large numbers. Yet we never hear much if anything on these deaths or causes of death. So the government has whipped up this gun mania to satisfy their agenda. And the agenda has nothing to do with school safety.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:53 PM

17,050 posts, read 13,614,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
The school and theatre shootings are sad events for sure, I agree that these innocent people did not not deserve to die at the hands of someone gone crazy. However, lets take airbags in car for instance. They save tens of thousands every year from severe injuries or death....my dad and his friend included in a highway speed accident....but every year a handfull of people are also injured or killed by the airbags. So are we going to mandate the removal of airbags and put the rest of us at risk?
I have relatives in UK and the criminals are far more brazen knowing that a homes occupants have no guns. Home invason with the owner present is far more common, as is rape and murder, where here it's only a small % by comparison.
Another sore subject is that we have a government which exists for itself, no longer for the people. Lobbying and "campaign contributions" line the pockets of those in charge while our jobs continue to be outsourced, our gov't spends itself broke, our dollars value keeps falling, while we have imported food and goods that sicken poison maim and kill, and less than 1% of it is checked at port....and that's just the icing on the cake. The government is scared, and the last line of our defense is our guns. If they take them away, the rest of our constitutional rights will slowly go away and then they will have complete control of the sheeple.
UK rape and murder rates are only a small percentage of the US? Are you sure that is right or are you only referring only to home invasion rape and murder?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM

18,543 posts, read 9,541,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
One more time for the peanut gallery.....

NO ONE IS TAKING YOUR GUNS!!!!

You can own all the shot guns, semiautomatic rifles, and pistols you want.

Limiting magazine size and enforcing background checks aren't going to hurt your second amendment rights. An assault weapons ban doesn't make sense, but limiting magazine size is well within bounds of federal and states ability.
Limiting magazine size is really really stupid. Even a elementary school student would know.

We all for enforcing background checks. When can the government prosecute those who lied on Form 4473 when purchasing firearm and going through background check? That's 80,000 cases last year and only 44 got prosecuted.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM

18,543 posts, read 9,541,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Takes more then one senator, doesn't it. There are other congressmen and senators who'd repeal all gun laws, so it balances out.

What insidious agenda do you have? Why are you planning to limit the right of law abiding citizens?

Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 PM

12,172 posts, read 7,019,756 times
Guns - my view: don't like guns? Don't buy one.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:19 PM

493 posts, read 574,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
It's too bad what you think.... This is an act of treason pure and simple. What is it you and the Feds don't understand about Shall not be Infringed?

This is a capitol offense and those condemned in a court of law will hang by the neck until dead. That is the punishment for treason which is a capitol offense.

If Holder won't do it we will get another AG who will.

You have no clue about guns or what you think you are talking about.

This is why we have the 2nd.... These would be leaders should have read the Declaration of Independence and the the Bill of Rights. They should have retained a memory of their stated OATH to.

This one
Oath of Office
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

In the bold is what they are supposed to do. But instead they are in fact that very ENEMY Domestic

As a private citizen I demand the arrest of Dianne Feinstein for Treason.

This Govt doesn't fear the People........ yet, but it may before this debate is done. maybe next time this won't be an issue. This govt should fear We the People. That's how it was intended to BE
You should get mentally checked out.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM

55,495 posts, read 74,394,948 times
i am far less concerned about losing assault weapons than the motive behind the desire to disarm america. for 10 years our leaders have tried to take away the culture religion and weapons of the people of the mideast. they failed. bek? assault weapons.
why all the hatred of americans their bibles and guns? more of the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies