Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Henson Ong, obviously an Asian immigrant to the US who is very proud of his legal status and one who admits that English is not his number one language, but speaks it very well, does a very good job of telling a group that is considering gun laws in Connecticut what the real trouble these days is. Of course, he makes his case with some not often heard in the debate, but his number one thing is that years ago you could buy a gun at local hardware stores, by money order, and all those methods that have been outlawed and yet the gun deaths seem to have grown since all those laws were passed.

Listen to Mr. Ong as he talks about what the real problem is.

Henson Ong at Gun Violence Prevention Public Hearing - Hartford, CT - 1/28/2013 - YouTube

I wonder how many people have listened to Mr. Ong talk. Does anyone hear a really strong non_American sound to his voice? Not me but I would have been among those who applauded him a couple of times, especially when he said what the real problem is.

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-01-2013 at 04:46 AM..

Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
He made a point. The decay in our society has been a contributor to mass shootings. I've always said that the violence we see is a symptom of much bigger problems in our society.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He made a point. The decay in our society has been a contributor to mass shootings. I've always said that the violence we see is a symptom of much bigger problems in our society.
You said it just like I would if I didn't want to be the first one on my own thread.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Ahhh...a breath of fresh air in a dank cave this is! I am certain his testimony was unexpected, and far from lauded by many on the panel. Yet, the gallery was quite appreciative. And he is sooooo correct. When I was 10 years old, I built a CVA Kentucky Rifle from a kit. May Dad showed me how to finish a stock, blue a barrel, anx basic firearms technology with tbis project.
It waz a beautiful build. When it was finished, I went to the same hardware store I bought it at, after school one day, anx bought a pound of fffg, 100 45 cal balls and a tin of 100 percussion caps. With my horse poop shoveling pay. I then went home with me pa after he got off work, marched myself out into the desert, and found out how Crockett did it.

Imagine that. A 10 year old kid in run down cowboy boots and a beat up straw cowboy hat buying black powder and the means to set it off, anx nobody called the cops. Must have bought close to a million rounds of 22s from the same place. Again, without LE freaking out. I then advanced my skills and built an 1861 Navy Colt 44cal, and played Hickock. Still have tbat piece. Fascinating, tbat as such a young lad, I actually BUILT firearms, modeled after weapons used on tbe oppresive, racist, frontier, by oppresive racist men, and my mind was not warped into an engine of bloodlust. Lmao.
Quite the opposite, I became interested in history, metallurgy, chemistry and mechanics.
Over the years, I have turned tbat old Colt replica into an heirloom piece, repro thougb it is, and helped my son do the same with an 1851Navy( tbe true Hickock piece).
The history and tradition of firearms in the US is central to our core beliefs. It must be preserved!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Henson Ong, obviously an Asian immigrant to the US who is very proud of his legal status and one who admits that English is not his number one language, but speaks it very well, does a very good job of telling a group that is considering gun laws in Connecticut what the real trouble these days is. Of course, he makes his case with some not often heard in the debate, but his number one thing is that years ago you could buy a gun at local hardware stores, by money order, and all those methods that have been outlawed and yet the gun deaths seem to have grown since all those laws were passed.

Listen to Mr. Ong as he talks about what the real problem is.

Henson Ong at Gun Violence Prevention Public Hearing - Hartford, CT - 1/28/2013 - YouTube

I wonder how many people have listened to Mr. Ong talk. Does anyone hear a really strong non_American sound to his voice? Not me but I would have been among those who applauded him a couple of times, especially when he said what the real problem is.

Great post.

It shows, as we have contended, that liberals are trying to adress a symptom, not the cause, of violence in America.

Only an idiot would believe that gun control would change violent crime rates, as this has been shown to be false all over the world as well as the US. If only liberals would read......................

Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 AM

29,476 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Great video. Logic and facts, Henson nailed using those. I see a lack of anti's have responded to this thread. They hate logic and common sense.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,563,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Great video. Logic and facts, Henson nailed using those. I see a lack of anti's have responded to this thread. They hate logic and common sense.
They hate logic but like their own "common sense".

Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Excellent find. I bet this thread is on pg 3 within hours since no lib would dare post to keep it on page 1. I hope we can keep it there thru discussion because it deserves to be read by all.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 AM

59,033 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Notice the silence from the anti gunners!

This video should be posted EVER TIME any of us read an an anti gun post

Old 02-01-2013, 08:46 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Excellent. Nice find, Roy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies