Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 PM

490 posts, read 650,188 times

Advertisements

Once again!!! The government is not planning to take all of your guns!! Can we please move past that barrier? There are proposals to limit semi automatic rifles and I think thus is a good idea. That leaves plenty of guns for owners to hunt, target practice and protect themselves with. Why are gun owners not willing to compromise? I would be ticked if ALL guns were being talked about but that simply is not the case.

Thus tyranny thing? Look, the government is not coming after you. They also are not afraid of you because you have guns.

Meeting halfway is gun owners realizing they don't have to be Rambo to enjoy and own weapons. The government realizes that it is your right to own a weapon but they also know that in a Society you must address issues. Twenty six people killed in a school is an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
One more time for the peanut gallery.....

NO ONE IS TAKING YOUR GUNS!!!!

You can own all the shot guns, semiautomatic rifles, and pistols you want.

Limiting magazine size and enforcing background checks aren't going to hurt your second amendment rights. An assault weapons ban doesn't make sense, but limiting magazine size is well within bounds of federal and states ability.
Taking away the right to buy something is different than taking it away from you and reimbursing you for it. Interesting. Plus, it does nothing to address the millions already on the streets.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
They kill 50 million in 10 years by abortion and no bans abortion. Cry for the innocent, not the living.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Once again!!! The government is not planning to take all of your guns!! Can we please move past that barrier? There are proposals to limit semi automatic rifles and I think thus is a good idea. That leaves plenty of guns for owners to hunt, target practice and protect themselves with. Why are gun owners not willing to compromise? I would be ticked if ALL guns were being talked about but that simply is not the case.

Thus tyranny thing? Look, the government is not coming after you. They also are not afraid of you because you have guns.

Meeting halfway is gun owners realizing they don't have to be Rambo to enjoy and own weapons. The government realizes that it is your right to own a weapon but they also know that in a Society you must address issues. Twenty six people killed in a school is an issue.
I'd compromise. What you won't accept is the fact that legal semi-autos and bolt guns are just as lethal. You have a fantasy that it would make schools safer. It's a fantasy.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:31 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:

What do we do if someone then kills 26 in an elementary school with a lever action rifle, pump shotgun, revolver, or for that matter a single shot .22? At that point, does the gov't no longer realize "that it is your right to own a weapon?" Just some simple logic here.....

Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM

23,844 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Why are gun owners not willing to compromise?
You're kidding, right?

Guns are the most heavily regulated/restricted inert items in the country. They're also the only objects that the Constitution of this nation explicitly guarantees the right to own.

For nearly a hundred years, there has been compromise after compromise, all in the name of "safety." None of those compromises have produced the desired result.

No more. No more feel-good compromises until you can provide concrete evidence that the new restrictions - whatever they may be - will accomplish something significant. No more.

I'm perfectly willing to make compromises. I'm very open to reasonable restrictions. You have to make your case, though, using LOGIC AND REASON, not emotion, as the foundation of your position, and as I stated in the other thread you were participating in, nobody's been able to do that yet. Every single argument has begun or ended with references to Sandy Hook - an emotional plea. If you must refer to an isolated incident like that to make your case, then you don't have a case to make. Period.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I guess you haven't heard of Sen Fienstrines new "ASSAULT" weapons ban. if I "want" any of these, 170 I think, guns, I CANNOT buy one.
190 guns last time I knew..... Those that would be grandfathered would be placed on a national registry and a fee of 100 bucks each, per year from now until forever.

I think what should happen is Dianne should be arrested for treason, that domestic enemy, and all her personal wealth should be re-distributed to gun owners.

Upon conviction she should have capitol Punishment which for a case like this is hanging to death.

If law makers pass this it is grounds to use the 2nd if no other legal way is found. Also if this passes Obama should be impeached, and he still needs to answer for fast and Furious, the Dream Act, Benghazi attack, and the illegal passing of heath care before anyone could see what was in it, not to mention the debt.

Of course I know Holder won't do anything.... he is at risk anyway.... But then the feds have no one to enforce any of this either.. Who are they gonna call Ghost Busters?

Hell, Obama can't even keep a house fly off his face What a loser.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:

It's too bad what you think.... This is an act of treason pure and simple. What is it you and the Feds don't understand about Shall not be Infringed?

This is a capitol offense and those condemned in a court of law will hang by the neck until dead. That is the punishment for treason which is a capitol offense.

If Holder won't do it we will get another AG who will.

You have no clue about guns or what you think you are talking about.

This is why we have the 2nd.... These would be leaders should have read the Declaration of Independence and the the Bill of Rights. They should have retained a memory of their stated OATH to.

This one
Oath of Office
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

In the bold is what they are supposed to do. But instead they are in fact that very ENEMY Domestic

As a private citizen I demand the arrest of Dianne Feinstein for Treason.

This Govt doesn't fear the People........ yet, but it may before this debate is done. maybe next time this won't be an issue. This govt should fear We the People. That's how it was intended to BE

Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
You're kidding, right?

Guns are the most heavily regulated/restricted inert items in the country. They're also the only objects that the Constitution of this nation explicitly guarantees the right to own.

For nearly a hundred years, there has been compromise after compromise, all in the name of "safety." None of those compromises have produced the desired result.

No more. No more feel-good compromises until you can provide concrete evidence that the new restrictions - whatever they may be - will accomplish something significant. No more.

I'm perfectly willing to make compromises. I'm very open to reasonable restrictions. You have to make your case, though, using LOGIC AND REASON, not emotion, as the foundation of your position, and as I stated in the other thread you were participating in, nobody's been able to do that yet. Every single argument has begun or ended with references to Sandy Hook - an emotional plea. If you must refer to an isolated incident like that to make your case, then you don't have a case to make. Period.
Thank you that was excellent. I personally recall buying old war relics from Popular Mechanics magazine adds. Those were mostly old bolt action rifles but the grabbers banned the adds.

I recall the grabbers were after hand guns, then sniper rifles, what they call hunting guns now, and ever even after black powder muskets in Ohio..

I refuse to give one more inch. If they want more laws i want them based on their plans to deal with the insane, the catch and release system they have called parole. I want all gun free zone eliminated period.

Most of all as a citizen I demand the public servants obey the very laws they write, and that the gun grabbers stop attacking legal gun owners. I am disgusted with them ALL.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:17 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Once again!!! The government is not planning to take all of your guns!! Can we please move past that barrier? There are proposals to limit semi automatic rifles and I think thus is a good idea. .
Yep.... sure is. Cuz you know that pistol grip makes it a far more deadly weapon than the same gun without the pistol grip...... LETS BAN IT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies