Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Obama is turning the liberals into communists as they want to rely on the government for everything.. they love it. Obama is pushing for collectiveism whiich is communism . So what is new. We have a communist in the whtie house for the last 5 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 05:20 PM

742 posts, read 678,519 times
Well, if I am going to generalize as you guys are doing might as well say that Liberals buy into every thing they are told going on extreme examples.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,723 times
They're afraid to be left behind. They will be banging on your door for food.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:22 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Then why does the gov'mint here in ultra-liberal San Francisco encourage people to store supplies so they won't be dependent on the gov'mint after a natural disaster?

Are you prepared?
Because they know most people won't. Look at NOLA after Katrina, look at NJ after Sandy... people ignore warnings and generally aren't prepared and it's much worse in more urban areas. Rural areas that were literally wiped out after Katrina did a whole lot better than the people of NOLA who were told to leave and didn't.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:24 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Because they know most people won't. Look at NOLA after Katrina, look at NJ after Sandy... people ignore warnings and generally aren't prepared and it's much worse in more urban areas.
Yes, but the assertion was the government doesn't want people to prepare for disasters, because it wants to keep them dependent.

At least here in SF, that couldn't be further from the truth.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I love it when people write one sentence contradictory statements. Just a hint, self-sufficiency is the antithesis of cooperation.
LOL! "I love it when people write one sentence contradictory statements." ^^^ (I won't bother with that one) As far as cooperation, that depends on how you visualize what self-sufficiency really is. Self-suffiency is a task everyone must follow; food, storage, water purification, first-aid, certain skill-sets, bartering stock, and yes, security and those evil firearms.

Preparation and "self-suffiency" is a necessary task for everyone in a post (insert disaster here) society, where yes, everyone will rely upon one another to maintain a somewhat comfortable standard of living and orderly society. (there's the cooperation, but if you don't do your part or lack the necessary self-sufficiency skills, you are worthless in any society but the one we have now, which is fragile)

And how in the hell are you arguing that cooperation is necessary, while in the same conversation, arguing the irrationale of the folks who are prepping? Honestly, what is more irrational and intolerant than that?

Quote:
Ah, when the conversation revolves around hoarding thousands of rounds of ammunition to protect your stash from the anticipated hoards of fellow citizens, as is usually the tenor of these conversations, my answer is no.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe a single person has mentioned one single bullet, in this thread, until you.[/quote]

Quote:
Go back and reread my post... this time slowly.
I read it, and clearly, I disagree with it.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:28 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,419 times
Quote:
I rest my case.

At some point after the apocalypse future researchers will stumble upon these isolated archeological sites buried in the ground where they will find the remains of some preper surrounded by their thousands of rounds of ammunition and a bunch of rotting cans of food, who further study found died of some simple ailment that could have been treated a few miles down the road by the doctor who had banded together with other survivors who had shared not only their stuff but their knowledge to reform society.

It will make for a great documentary.
And you would be quick to find the most irrational comment in this thread as a basis for your opinion. Come on, you're not better than that?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM

775 posts, read 740,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
I'm not sure that being reactionary as opposed to preparatory is a sign of superior intellect.

But we all know this particular argument is bull****, as we are all the same people who allow themselves to be influenced by any given narrative.
Funny circular reasoning you have there.

Quote:
So can we get back to the topic?
The topic? We've hit the topic spot on; conservatives are more inclined to fear monger.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:32 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,410 times
You would be mocked by Republicans for doing the same thing if we were under a GOP president today. People in general don't like others who distrust the government they select.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
You would be mocked by Republicans for doing the same thing if we were under a GOP president today. People in general don't like others who distrust the government they select.
This didn't start when Obama won, this has gone on for a lot longer than this administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies