U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,598,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So based on your response, you implicitly believe that Bill Clinton was guilty of "slamming the elderly and low income people." At the end of his second term, 1999, the number of non-payers was 25.6%, not far from half of the 47% figure from last year. Is that what you think? Bill Clinton slammed the elderly and low-income people?
What? Did Clinton go behind the scene to a group of rich folks saying 47% of America is just desperate moochers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,223 posts, read 1,594,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Mitt Romney: ?I?m not going away? - Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

So Republicans, do you want this unemployed loser hanging around your party in public?
Unemployed loser?

You must be talking about yourself as Romney certainly doesn't need unemployment and I would say he is far from a loser after all he has accomplished in his life.

Sure, he lost the election, but he fought the good fight directly taking on such liars as Obama and Candy Crowley at the same time.

As for the 47%? He was right and those are your losers which has nothing to do with going through hard times but more to do with the ungrateful and arrogant attitude that somehow I and every other taxpayer owe them something - that is offensive. Economically speaking Obama himself has not been much of a friend to the 47% either, perhaps they should have embraced Romney and his pro Business policies.

I do have issues with Romney but those issues are more closely related to his version of Obamacare and support for foreign wars.

If there are losers I have problems with in the GOP that would be more like that pig with his nose up Obama's butt, Chris something or that general who calls himself a Republican yet is crowding Christie for his spot sucking Obama's di- di- directives up like manna while shooting other Republicans in the foot. How about Jindal, you can have that a$$hole loser too.

But Romney, nah, I have issues with him but I like him and would certainly be honored to have him visit my home. Something I wouldn't let the Class Warrior in Chief or the Philanderer in Chief near.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,598,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mr romney lost nothing. he showed real guts as did everyone that voted for him. i spent money to elect him and routed for what was right, a balanced budget. the crazy behavior in DC makes me realize i did the right thing. no spending cuts higher taxes and higher debt cliff/ceiling. the only sense i can make out promise of limitless opportunities is that he hopes to get the 17 trillion he owes out of the corporations, good luck.
Does it concern you that Romney was just trolling you

Mitt Romney Didn't Want To Be President - Business Insider

Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM

5,539 posts, read 9,949,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
mr romney lost nothing. he showed real guts as did everyone that voted for him. i spent money to elect him and routed for what was right, a balanced budget. the crazy behavior in DC makes me realize i did the right thing. no spending cuts higher taxes and higher debt cliff/ceiling. the only sense i can make out promise of limitless opportunities is that he hopes to get the 17 trillion he owes out of the corporations, good luck.
Funny.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:06 PM

2,633 posts, read 3,065,623 times
Remember kids:
When the rich pay no income tax, that's GOOD.
When the poor and middle class pay no income tax, that's BAD.
Got it? O.K.!

I think at this point, Romney is just shaking down the GOP. I can't imagine any candidate in a competitive election that would desire his endorsement or presence. I'm sure he has his price for "going away". Then he'll quietly disappear, just like G.W. Bush, G.H.W Bush, Dick Cheney, and Dan Quayle (at least these guys won their elections!)

Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 PM

55,679 posts, read 74,671,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Funny.
i find my sense of humor is dulled when i am on the street hungry something i know a bit about.
we are going there. i think once u get a taste of 1929 stuff u will not find it so funny.
45% of americans work
the rest wait to get fed, they are, my friend, standing on a banana peel. the fake poor make me laugh, if you got money for snacks at 7 11 you got a cell phone and cable and $100 nikes, u r not poor.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,287,906 times
Quote:
What? Did Clinton go behind the scene to a group of rich folks saying 47% of America is just desperate moochers?
You're really not interested in debating the issue are you?

In Clinton's final year, the number of non-payers was 25%. So w/ Clinton tax policies, it was considered reasonable that only about one in four tax filers be exempt from paying any federal income tax. By 2012, that number had almost doubled to 47%, which Romney viewed as untenable. And which you in turn say was a slam on the poor and elderly. So by logic 101 you must also regard Clinton as having slammed the poor and elderly, right?

BTW where did Romney ever say that "47% of America is [sic] just desperate moochers?" He never said that. Link? Quote?

Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 PM

7,248 posts, read 6,674,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So based on your response, you implicitly believe that Bill Clinton was guilty of "slamming the elderly and low income people." At the end of his second term, 1999, the number of non-payers was 25.6%, not far from half of the 47% figure from last year. Is that what you think? Bill Clinton slammed the elderly and low-income people?
All that has changed is that the baby boomers got old enough to retire. More old people in the population means more people on social security. It's not rocket science.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 PM

14,386 posts, read 7,724,391 times
Quote:
Mitt Romney: ?I?m not going away? - Anna Palmer - POLITICO.com

So Republicans, do you want this unemployed loser hanging around your party in public?
So 3 months ago Romney was a rich, elite corporate master and now he's an unemployed loser?

It's no wonder why you guys are called the "loony left".

Old 01-25-2013, 06:20 PM

1,209 posts, read 892,211 times
Why is it that the sons of certain decent Republicans turn out to be idiots.....Mitt Romney, Rand Paul and George W Bush just to name a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or