Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 07:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Mitt Romney is quickly becoming Sarah Palin...
Well, maybe third time will be a charm for ole Mitt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 07:07 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick gar View Post
He needs to go back to his home country Mexico and keep their 4.x% unemployment running. Two countries in NA have fallen to communism, lets at least keep Mexico capitalist.
When are you moving down there to help with the cause?

Last edited by A Common Anomaly; 01-25-2013 at 07:15 PM..

Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Mitt Romney is quickly becoming Sarah Palin...

Romney long ago became Sarah Palin a whipping boy/girl on which the left could project their hallucinatory ramblings and nightmares.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yes. His comment about the 47% was actally a very salient point, and an important matter that has been largely ignored. This is the number of tax filers who pay zero or less federal income taxes. The number was fairly stable from 1950 to 1990 at around 20 pct. Starting around 1990 it took off like a jet, reaching 47% in 2012.
Tax foundation report on the growth of 'nonpayers' of federal income tax.
It was a major shift that was hardly covered by the MSM or debated in the public discourse. During the election Dems completely demagogued the question. Maybe Mitt Romney can do a terrific public service by revisiting this and other issues. I'm all for it.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 PM

217 posts, read 360,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
When are you moving down there to help with the cause?
Hate to give motivation for a cause, but when the 2A is removed. I'd rather take my chances unarmed in a 4.x% unemployment society over a 12+% society. Willard has to come, too. We can caravan.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:38 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick gar View Post
Hate to give motivation for a cause, but when the 2A is removed.
How will the 2nd Amendment be removed? Don't you have guns to prevent that?

Quote:
I'd rather take my chances unarmed in a 4.x% unemployment society over a 12+% society.
The UE rate in the US is 7.8%. It is lower for people who have skills and education. Plus, the jobs are overall better in the US than in Mexico.

Quote:
Willard has to come, too. We can caravan.
I am sure Mitt will save you a nice spot in his caravan.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
What? Did Clinton go behind the scene to a group of rich folks saying 47% of America is just desperate moochers?
The number wasn't 47% when Clinton was in office. Then all of a sudden my tax lady started talking about Earned Income Credit and it got more and more popular. Yep, 47% of our people don't pay any income but some of them do collect what they would have paid instead of paying.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Unemployed loser?

You must be talking about yourself as Romney certainly doesn't need unemployment and I would say he is far from a loser after all he has accomplished in his life.

Sure, he lost the election, but he fought the good fight directly taking on such liars as Obama and Candy Crowley at the same time.

As for the 47%? He was right and those are your losers which has nothing to do with going through hard times but more to do with the ungrateful and arrogant attitude that somehow I and every other taxpayer owe them something - that is offensive. Economically speaking Obama himself has not been much of a friend to the 47% either, perhaps they should have embraced Romney and his pro Business policies.

I do have issues with Romney but those issues are more closely related to his version of Obamacare and support for foreign wars.

If there are losers I have problems with in the GOP that would be more like that pig with his nose up Obama's butt, Chris something or that general who calls himself a Republican yet is crowding Christie for his spot sucking Obama's di- di- directives up like manna while shooting other Republicans in the foot. How about Jindal, you can have that a$$hole loser too.

But Romney, nah, I have issues with him but I like him and would certainly be honored to have him visit my home. Something I wouldn't let the Class Warrior in Chief or the Philanderer in Chief near.
I think that Jindal decided he didn't want to run for President in 2016 and don't think he likely will have a chance to do it after his last game playing.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Remember kids:
When the rich pay no income tax, that's GOOD.
When the poor and middle class pay no income tax, that's BAD.
Got it? O.K.!

I think at this point, Romney is just shaking down the GOP. I can't imagine any candidate in a competitive election that would desire his endorsement or presence. I'm sure he has his price for "going away". Then he'll quietly disappear, just like G.W. Bush, G.H.W Bush, Dick Cheney, and Dan Quayle (at least these guys won their elections!)
Can you tell me some of those rich you talk about who don't pay income tax? Is it that you don't understand what happens to we of the lower middle class but do collect some other forms of money, than income that can be taxed as income.?

Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
You failed, again. Nowhere in that Mother Jones-Cenk Urgur video did I hear Romney call those people the names you accuse him of saying. I tired soon after listening to Cenk and stopped but the words you say Romney used just never did come from him. You and Cenk have a tendency to stretch things to fit your agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies